Portal 2 Now Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Valve has announced the release of Portal 2 the next installment in the first person action puzzler series. The game introduces a new cast of characters to the single player storyline, new puzzles elements, and a two player cooperative mode.
About the GamePortal 2 is available for $49.99. Learn more at the link below.
Valve Software (add to watch list)
Portal 2 draws from the award-winning formula of innovative gameplay, story, and music that earned the original Portal over 70 industry accolades and created a cult following.
The single-player portion of Portal 2 introduces a cast of dynamic new characters, a host of fresh puzzle elements, and a much larger set of devious test chambers. Players will explore never-before-seen areas of the Aperture Science Labs and be reunited with GLaDOS, the occasionally murderous computer companion who guided them through the original game.
The game’s two-player cooperative mode features its own entirely separate campaign with a unique story, test chambers, and two new player characters. This new mode forces players to reconsider everything they thought they knew about portals. Success will require them to not just act cooperatively, but to think cooperatively.
Mac System Requirements:
- Extensive single player: Featuring next generation gameplay and a wildly-engrossing story.
- Complete two-person co-op: Multiplayer game featuring its own dedicated story, characters, and gameplay.
- Advanced physics: Allows for the creation of a whole new range of interesting challenges, producing a much larger but not harder game.
- Original music.
- Massive sequel: The original Portal was named 2007's Game of the Year by over 30 publications worldwide.
- OS: MAC OS X 10.6.7 or higher
- Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor (2GHz or better)
- Memory: 2GB
- Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6 GB of Space
- Video: ATI Radeon 2400 or higher / NVIDIA 8600M or higher / Intel HD Graphics 3000
Portal 2 (add to watch list)
Civilization IV, Civ IV: Colonization Downloads Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has added digital download versions of Aspyr Media's Civilization IV and Civilization IV: Colonization to its catalog of game titles. The two world building sim titles feature the trademark gameplay of Sid Meier's popular series.
Sid Meier’s Civilization IV comes-to-life like never before in a beautifully detailed, living 3D world that expands the gameplay experience. This latest installment takes the franchise to new heights with the addition of new ways to play and win, new tools to manage and expand your civilization, all-new easy to use mod capabilities and various multiplayer modes and options..Civilization IV and Colonization are available for $19.95 (USD). Check out the links below to read more.
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
With Sid Meier’s Civilization IV, rule throughout time and create your own legacy as you guide your civilization from the dawn of man through the space age and beyond. Implement new technologies, conduct diplomacy or wage war to grow your society and become the most powerful leader the world has ever known.
Colonization adds an entirely new scenario to the ever-evolving world of Civilization.
- Faster-Paced Fun – Gameplay has been streamlined for a tighter, faster, and more compelling experience.
- Greater Accessibility and Ease of Play – An easy-to-use interface will be immediately familiar to RTS and action game players, and newcomers to the series will be able to jump in and play
- Tech Tree - Flexible Tech tree allows players more strategic choices for developing their civilizations along unique paths.
- Grow Bigger Empires – More Civilizations, Units, and Improvements to enhance and grow your empire.
- Multiplayer – LAN, Internet, and Play-By-Email offer players all-new strategies and ways to play when competing or cooperating with live opponents.
- Team Play – Whether playing multiplayer or single player, team play offers a new way of setting locked alliances that result in shared wonder effects, visibility, unit trading, and shared territory that delivers a plethora of new strategic and tactical options.
- Beautiful 3D World – Sid Meier’s Civilization IV comes to life with a beautiful 3D world, dozens of fully animated units (including culturally unique units), and totally customizable armies. Cities and wonders will appear on the map. Wonder movies are back!
- Mods and Community Tools – Designed from the ground up for modability, the game contains a powerful map editor with XML and Python support.
- Choose Your Leader – Most Civilizations now have two leaders from which to choose, with each Leader having traits that provide various bonuses to the player.
- Civics – With the discovery of new techs, civic options can become available. Freedom of speech or slavery? Hereditary rule or open elections? This creates endless government choices and possibilities!
- Religion – Now there are seven religions in the game that are unlocked through researching. When unlocked, the religion spreads through a player’s empire allowing them to use the religion to help manage happiness, gain gold and create Great Prophets.
- Great People – As the player uses specialists they gain Great People points in the city that is utilizing the specialists. Great People include the Artist, Tycoon, Prophet, Engineer, & Scientist. They can be used to get free techs, start Golden Ages, or join a city to increase its output.
- Promotions – Each unit has a promotion path that emphasizes specific unit traits. Promotions include bonuses to Attack/Defend on specific terrains/features, movement bonuses, sight/visibility bonuses, and increased withdrawal chances.
- In-Game Cinematics – Sid Meier’s Civilization IV has over 40 in-game cinematics.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization is the third offering in the award winning Civilization IV series for Mac. A re-imagining of the classic Colonization strategy game Sid Meier created in 1994, Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Colonization is a total conversion of Civilization IV into a game experience in which you will lead a European nation on a quest to colonize and thrive in the New World. You will be challenged to guide your people from the oppressive motherland, discover a New World, negotiate, trade and fight as you acquire great power and battle for your freedom and independence.
- Classic Game Design - The strategy classic is rebuilt with beautifully improved visuals, while retaining the famously addictive gameplay and endless fun that are synonymous with Sid Meier games.
- Establish a New Nation - Play as the English, Spanish, French or Dutch and journey to a brave new world in search of freedom from your oppressive homeland.
- Detailed Tutorial - Enhanced tutorial helps both fans of Colonization and new players on your way to ruling the New World.
- Multiplayer Offers Tons of Replay - Compete with friends from all over the world via the Internet and Play by Email modes or compete locally via the Hotseat and LAN modes, offering endless ways to conquer the New World.
Civilization IV (add to watch list)
Firaxis Games (add to watch list)
Civilization IV: Colonization (add to watch list)
Buy Civilization IV
Buy Civilization IV: Colonization
LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues April 28
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has announced that LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues will be released for the Mac on Thursday, April 28th. Developed by TT Games, it is the latest in a successful line of LEGO titles to be brought to the Mac by Feral Interactive.
Snap on your fedora, crack that whip and guide pop culture's most iconic archaeologist through a bricky version of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues offers a hilarious romp through all four cinematic adventures, with new characters, new vehicles and animation, and the ability for players to create levels of their own.LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues for the Mac will retail in North America for US $29.99, £19.99 (inc. VAT) in the UK and €24.99 (inc. VAT) throughout Europe. It will also be available online for direct download from a variety of digital partner sites worldwide.
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
But even Indy needs a little help from his friends from time to time, so the game includes a superb co-operative multiplayer mode. At any point during the game, a second player can drop in to accompany, assist, or annoy our hero. If players move too far in opposite directions, the view splits to keep both on-screen at once, enhancing their ability to play together.
“The inclusion of fantastic creative tools such as a level creator, a character creator and adventure creator adds an extra inventive dimension to the game, which we think fans of the series will love,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive.
“We are delighted to see LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues made available for Mac users,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games Publishing. “The game has many unique features and we’re excited that fans will be able to experience the fun on the Mac.”
Minimum system requirements call for a 1.4GHz Intel Mac with at least 2GB RAM, 128MB or better graphics card, and Mac OS X v10.6.4 or later. The following graphics cards are NOT supported: NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
LEGO Indiana Jones 2 (add to watch list)
Buy LEGO Indiana Jones 2
Telltale To Develop Law & Order: LA Games
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Telltale Games and Universal Partnerships & Licensing have announced an expansion of its relationship to include games based on the new Law & Order: Los Angeles television series. The games will feature both crime solving and courtroom drama.
With the “Law & Order: LA” games, Telltale will build from the experience and expertise cultivated through numerous seasons of police and crime procedural games over the years. The “Law & Order: LA” games will take the crime solving focus to interrogation and criminal investigations, with a heavy dose of courtroom drama on each case. Telltale will also continue to advance its unique approach to cinematic presentation and storytelling as well as dialog and character interactions.Telltale’s first episodic game series based on “Law & Order: LA” is expected to release in 2011 for Mac, Windows, console, mobile and tablets.
Telltale Games (add to watch list)
“’Law & Order: LA” fits very well with the style of episodic entertainment experiences Telltale has been building since our very first days,” said Telltale co-founder and CEO Dan Connors. “The talents and skills that we’ve been building at Telltale are ideally suited for the structure and storytelling approach of televised procedurals like ‘Law & Order.’”
“We have been extremely pleased with our alliance with Telltale Games, and are excited to add a new series to our relationship with games based on Law & Order: LA,” said Bill Kispert, VP & GM, Digital Platforms, Universal Partnerships & Licensing. “Telltale’s attention to the details and nuances of the source material in the games they develop, combined with the drama of their episodic storytelling, is a combination that game-playing fans of the ‘Law & Order’ franchise will love.”
TV’s longest-running crime series and consistently top rated “Law & Order” franchise combines bracing ripped-from-the-headlines storytelling with the distinctive backdrop of different law enforcement units. As the newest addition to the brand, “Law & Order: LA” performed as one of the most successful new shows for 2010, increasing viewership from the prior year for the same timeslot by over 60%. “Law & Order: LA” airs on Mondays on NBC 10:00 to 11:00 p.m. (ET/PT).
“Law Order: Los Angeles” follows Detectives Ricardo Morales (Alfred Molina, "An Education," "The Da Vinci Code," "Spiderman 2") and Tomas “TJ” Jaruszalski (Corey Stoll, "Midnight in Paris") as they pursue cases through the diverse City of Angels. As members of the Los Angeles Police Department’s elite Robbery Homicide Division, Morales, a former Deputy District Attorney, has returned to the police force after he became frustrated with the system, while TJ, who grew up the son of an Oscar-winning Polish cinematographer, knows too well the dark underside that is behind-the-scenes Hollywood. Protecting the detectives who serve under her is Lieutenant Arleen Gonzales (Rachel Ticotin, "Man on Fire"), who is driven, focused, and meticulous. Deputy District Attorney Jonah “Joe” Dekker (Terrence Howard, "Crash," "Hustle & Flow") is a white knight crusader whose political ambitions often bring him into conflict with his boss, working with Deputy District Attorney Connie Rubirosa (Alana de la Garza, "Law & Order") at his side.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, April 15, 2011
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
Friday, April 8, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.