IMG Reviews Avadon: The Black Fortress
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Inside Mac Games has posted a new review of Spiderweb Software's Avadon: The Black Fortress. The first chapter of a new saga, the game puts players in the role of a spy and warrior tasked to defend the homeland from its many enemies.
Here's an excerpt from the review:
You will often stumble across high level dungeons or foes that can kill you in a hit or two at your current level. It's fun to come back to these places later and take them on for lots of experience and loot. You are never forced into these encounters, but can either choose to leave or attack the demon, specter or person. One thing you don't seem to be able to do, but could in other Spiderweb games, is initiate combat upon friendly units. In earlier titles you could just attack and wipe out a whole town randomly if you wanted, or take on a drake or golem for his awesome loot. I didn't seem to be able to do that in Avadon, and that slightly annoyed me, but it's really a minor side-point.Read the full review at the link below.
IMG Review: Avadon The Black Fortress
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Buy Avadon: The Black Fortress
IMG Previews Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe Edition
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Inside Mac Games has posted a new preview of Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe Edition. The action game puts players in the role of legendary master assassin Ezio as he struggles against the Templar Order.
From the preview:
I clambered around the town, the game's awesome animations on full display, Ezio as graceful as ever. After scaling atop the villa, I admired the sunset from high above. The game really is beautiful, even more than AC2 was it seems, and that was hard to beat. The palette is richer here, with more subtle hues and tones. The music is also outstanding, with Jesper Kyd once again composing the score. It's memorable and many a track good enough to listen in iTunes. Coincidentally the Mac version does come with all 22 original soundtracks so you are free to listen.Click over to the link below to read more.
IMG Preview: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe Edition
Buy Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe Edition
Samurai II: Vengeance Now Available At Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has added MADFINGER Games' Samurai II: Vengeance to its lineup of available game titles. The action game puts players in the role of Daisuke, a samurai on a quest for revenge. The game features hordes of enemies to slay, RPG elements, and a Survival mode.
Samurai II sends Daisuke on a quest for revenge across the war-scorched countryside. From a seafaring village to a flying fortress to the legendary Isle of the Dead, the samurai will stop at nothing to hunt down his arch-enemy Orochi. Will he get his Vengeance?Samurai II requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher and costs $9.95 (USD). Learn more at the link below.
Samurai II: Vengeance
- Tense, quick and gory battle sequences!
- Battle hordes of on-screen enemies wielding new weapons and sporting unique abilities.
- Stay nimble and plan your attacks – roll out of harm’s way and eliminate ranged enemies like the Samurai Archer before they can strike.
- Dynamic camera finds the best perspective for each encounter, adding variety while keeping focused on the action.
- RPG elements reward skilled players – upgrade the Samurai’s health, buy new attack combos and upgrade them to devastating levels.
- Between levels, gorgeous anime-style comic panels tell the samurai’s tale with original hand-drawn artwork.
- Survival mode pits the samurai against waves of enemies, giving hardcore players a score-attack mode to hone their skills. Two games in one!
- Runs at 60 frames per second !
- Advanced AI system on par with console games. Goal Oriented Action
- Planning architecture is used in many PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 games.
- Samurai II is developed on the Unity 3D 3.3 engine.
- Original soundtrack – in classic samurai movie style, soft music builds with the heat of battle.
Buy Samurai II: Vengeance
The Next Big Thing Available For Pre-Order
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Focus Interactive's new adventure game, The Next Big Thing, is now available for pre-order from Macgamestore.com. The humorous title is set in a Hollywood where monsters are real and make their living acting in movies. Players help solve a variety of puzzles and mysteries along the way.
The Next BIG Thing is the new, hilarious adventure gem from the creators of Runaway. A great adventure game in high definition, loaded with laughs, tributes, mysteries and wacky puzzles!The Next Big Thing is available for pre-order for $39.95. Check out the site below to learn more.
The Next Big Thing
Thanks to a production worthy of a great animated movie, an awesome soundtrack, delightful dialogue and a great art style, The Next BIG Thing will make you live an unforgettable adventure which brilliantly takes players across the fantastic movie genres of a totally crazy Hollywood.
What if horror movies' monsters were actually played by real monsters? And what if they were now forced to play in movies for kids, romantic comedies or even musicals? And what would happen if, eventually, they were to rebel?
In that context, Liz Allaire, talented journalist who can't count up to 4, and Dan Murray, a tough macho who can't stand beetles, attend the horror movies award ceremony… there is the starting point of an incredible story, full of twists and turns! Help Liz and Dan solve the numerous mysteries of an amazing adventure that you won't forget any time soon!
- Solve numerous puzzles and mysteries
- Meet wacky characters and monsters
- Explore dozens of colorful places
- A production worthy of a great animated movie
- Movie-like musical score and English voice-over
Buy The Next Big Thing
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
Friday, April 8, 2011
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.