Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Now Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Virtual Programming has announced the release of Divine Wind, the fourth expansion pack for the Mac version of Paradox Interactive's historical strategy game Europa Universalis III. In the expansion players travel to medieval Japan and assume the role of one of four major daimyos vying for influence with the Emperor and control over the Shogunate. Divine Wind features a new graphical style and a detailed map filled with many new provinces, including internal Chinese factions that must be managed to keep the Mandate of Heaven.
"To get myself ready to play Divine Wind, I sat down for a weekend-long Akira Kurosawa samurai movie marathon," said Virtual Programming CEO Mark Hinton. "That helped me imagine myself as Toshiro Mifune leading my troops to victory. I just wish I could have experienced a battle in the rain."Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind is available now for $19.95 (£14.95, €19.95). Check out the links below for more information.
"Divine Wind delves into aspects of feudal Japan that no movie ever could, but it can't hurt to use Kurosawa's impressive body of work for inspiration," said Paradox Interactive's Fredrik Wester. "We find it also helps to keep this Chinese proverb in mind: 'Tens of thousands of bones will become ashes when one general achieves his fame.' We certainly hope that will be our players."
Divine Wind also features dozens of new culture-specific building types, giving players greater control over province development, along with enhanced diplomacy functions offering more options for alliances and peace negotiations. In addition, trade development is more realistic and allows players to control strategic resources that grant bonuses. As players build their Japanese kingdom, they can unlock over 50 achievements.
- OS X 10.6 or higher
- Intel CPU
- GeForce 7300, Radeon 2400, or newer (Radeon X1600/X1900, Intel GMA cards not supported)128Mb VRAM, 512 MB RAM
- 1Gb free disk space
- Europa Universalis 3 Complete (New Version)
- Europa Universalis 3 Heir to the Throne
- Broadband connection for Internet play
Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind
Buy Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind
Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Ed. Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Aspyr Media's Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition is now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com. The title combines the original Star Wars The Force Unleashed videogame with three new levels set in iconic Star Wars locales and a host of new costumes and character models.
The story and action of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed expands with the release of Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition. A special new version of the game that shows players the deepest, darkest side of the Force in a story that puts them on a collision course with Luke Skywalker himself. The Ultimate Sith Edition includes all of the original missions found in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as well as three new levels set in iconic Star Wars locales and a host of new costumes and character models.Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition is now available for $29.95 at the page linked below.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed completely re-imagines the scope and scale of the Force and casts players as Darth Vader's "Secret Apprentice" unveiling new revelations about the Star Wars galaxy seen through the eyes of a mysterious new character armed with unprecedented powers.
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition combines the original Star Wars: The Force Unleashed videogame and three new levels to create the definitive ultimate-evil storyline of the events that occurred between the two classic Star Wars movie trilogies.
- Additional content includes three new levels set in iconic Star Wars locales and a host of new costumes and character models.
- The Ultimate Sith Edition expands the story of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and re-imagines the Star Wars Saga as if the Secret Apprentice had killed Darth Vader and taken his place by The Emperor’s side, becoming the most powerful Sith Lord in the universe.
- In the Ultimate Sith Edition, the Emperor sends his new apprentice to the planet Tatooine to dispatch Obi-Wan Kenobi, who has been hiding on the planet ever since the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. During their hunt for the reclusive Jedi, players will also explore the depths of Jabba the Hutt’s palace and encounter notorious bounty hunter Boba Fett.
- In the game's thrilling finale, the Secret Apprentice is sent to the planet Hoth on a crusade to crush the Rebellion once and for all. While on Hoth, players face Luke Skywalker himself while visiting iconic locations seen in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back.
- The Ultimate Sith Edition gives gamers a chance to experience the full power of the dark side of the Force. Players can create devastating attack combos using the Secret Apprentice’s lightsaber and over-the-top Force powers – Force push, grip, repulse and lightning upgrade. Master these powers to leave a path of destruction behind them in their quest to rid the Galaxy of the Jedi.
- The Secret Apprentice doesn’t just defeat his enemies with the Force– he hurls them through walls, smashes them into objects, shocks them with lightning, and even transforms them into Force-charged bombs capable of massive destruction.
- Operating System: 10.5.8 or later
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 25 GB + 1 GB Swap File
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD2600, (NVidia): Geforce 8600
- Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard or Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller
NOTICE: Intel integrated video chipsets are not supported.
NOTICE: Apple Intel Chipsets only. Power PC Processors (G4 and G5) are not supported.
NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
- CPU Speed: 2.6 GHz Intel Quad-Core
- Video Card: Geforce 8800
- Video RAM: 512 MB
Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
Buy Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
New Din's Curse Trailer Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Soldak Entertainment has released a new movie trailer for its action RPG, Din's Curse. The new video features gameplay from both Din's Curse and its recently released expansion, Demon War. The expansion increases the number of class combinations to 196, introduces the new Demon Hunter class, and adds a variety of new creatures, quests, environments and modifiers to the main game.
Din's Curse:Visit the page below to view the new video.
Din's Curse Movies
Din, champion of the gods, has cursed you into a second life of service because you selfishly squandered your first one while causing misfortune to those around you. To redeem yourself, you must impress Din by building a reputation for helping others. Travel the spacious western plains of Aleria and save desperate towns from the brink of annihilation. Until you're redeemed, you're doomed to wander the earth alone for all eternity.
In Din's Curse, you will explore an extensive underground, slaying dangerous monsters, solving dynamic quests, dodging deadly traps, and in your spare time, plundering loot. Quell uprisings, flush out traitors, kill assassins, cure plagues, purge curses, end wars, and complete other dangerous quests or the danger WILL escalate. Not all is as it seems though, traitors will gladly stab you in the back, renegades can revolt against the town, spies can set up ambushes, and items might even curse or possess your friends.
The demons of Aleria are furious! After the 4th Great War and necromancer Ciglio's death, the undead horde has been causing utter chaos, attacking everything that moves... even demons. Demonkind were quite happy when Serina, a human city, was overrun, but that was before thousands of human zombies poured into Kraval, slaughtering the huge demon city. Thus began the Demon War. Demons of all kinds are fighting back. They're hunting down and killing any undead they find. Oh, and they blame the humans for this entire mess. For spite, they razed Serina to the ground even though it was already deserted.
As a servant of the mighty Din, it's your responsibility to safeguard humans from danger. This was a hard task before. Do you have what it takes to save humankind from the Demon War?
Buy Din's Curse
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Mac|Life has posted a new review of Borderlands from Feral Interactive. The unique title combines elements of role playing games and first person shooters to provide a unique gaming experience. Mac|Life gave the game a score of 3.5 out of 5.
From the review:
The role-playing elements keep things interesting—at the start of the game, you’ll choose from one of four vault hunters, each with unique abilities and specializations, like erecting an automated turret that can additionally provide cover, deploying a bird known as “Bloodwing” to hunt nearby enemies, or phase-walking between enemies to outflank them, then rushing in and pummeling away. As the game progresses, you’ll earn talent points to spend on expanding those skills.For the full review click over to the link below.
Mac|Life: Borderlands Review
Borderlands’ chief strength lies in its presentation. While it involves a certain amount of grinding as you take on quests to unravel the mystery of the vault, this is laid out in a beautifully cel-shaded, cartoonish style that never fails to appeal. This, combined with great audio and vocal work, a zillion different weapons to pick up, and the game’s sense of humor, keeps you coming back, even when it’s way past your bedtime.
Borderlands: Game Of The Year Edition
Buy Borderlands: Game Of The Year Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Monday, March 14, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.