|Wednesday, March 16, 2011|
Barnyard Blaster Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Nuclear Nova Software has released Barnyard Blaster, its sixth game for Mac OS X. The unique shooter challenges players to prevent animals from escaping the barnyard by using an array of weapons including flame throwers and rocket launchers. Barnyard Blaster features 3D graphics in eight different environments as well as online achievements and high scores.
With hundreds of potential strategies, which one will result in the best high score? Enjoy the addicting gameplay of Barnyard Blaster on the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (coming soon)!The full version of Barnyard Blaster costs $14.95 (USD). A featured limited demo is also available for download. Head over to the links below to learn more.
- Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or later
- Intel Processor
- 25 MB Hard Drive space
- iPhone, iPod, or iPad running iOS 3.2
Nuclear Nova Software
Pre-Order Puzzler World From Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com is now offering Feral Interactive's upcoming Puzzler World for pre-order. The game offers more than 500 challenges spanning a collection of 14 different puzzle types, with favorites such as Wordsearch, Sudoku and Crossword, new formats such as Fitword, Link-A-Pix and Silhouette, as well as bonus games including Hangman and Jigsaw.
“Puzzler World gives both fanatics and casual gamers an impressive array of fun and entertaining brainteasers,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “It’s an addictive, value-priced diversion for a few minutes or a few hours.”Puzzler World is available to pre-order now for $19.99 (USD) and is scheduled for a March 18 release. Follow the link below to learn more.
Players will be able to choose from two distinct game modes: Challenge, a series of increasingly mind-bending puzzles giving the chance to unlock bonus games, or Quickplay, for fast casual puzzling when there’s a few minutes to spare. Varying levels of difficulty and a hint token system mean that Puzzler World will challenge and tease, but only be as frustrating as you want it to be!
Minimum system requirements call for any Intel-based Mac with at least 512MB RAM, 100MB hard drive space, 128MB or better graphics card, DVD drive, and Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later.
Buy Puzzler World
HOARD Coming To Macs April 4
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Big Sandwich Games has announced the upcoming April 4th release of the Steam version of its strategy arcade game HOARD. The title puts up to four players in control of powerful dragons hoarding gold, frightening villagers and ransoming princesses.
“HOARD™ is a great fit for Steam’s vibrant player community,” says Tyler Sigman, the game’s designer. “We’re thrilled to finally confirm a date, and look forward to seeing a lot of dragons flying around on April 4!”Click on the links below for more information.
The Steam version includes the same fire-breathing fun as the console release plus some brand new features. The game has 4 modes, over 35 levels, leaderboards, full multiplayer suites (4-player co-op and competitive), and 100+ Steam achievements. In addition, never seen-before features such as Night Mode (for vibrant fiery goodness), a Winter tile set, and new maps are added as a reward for PC and Mac fans’ patience. Finally, cross-play allows PC and Mac users to compete or cooperate in their quests for gold.
HOARD will release via Steam for Mac and PC on April 4th, and will retail for $9.99. Pre-sales will begin on March 21st with a limited time “fire-sale” discount of 25%. In addition, sharing with your friends is rewarded, as a 4-pack of HOARD™ can be purchased for the low price of $28.00. Steam Play is supported, meaning Steam users who own both a PC and a Mac only need buy the game once.
HOARD™ is Big Sandwich Games’ award-winning strategy arcade game in which you play as a dragon, burning medieval villages, kidnapping princesses, roasting thieves, and gathering as much gold as possible for your hoard. Versions have been released or announced for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and Steam (PC and Mac).
Big Sandwich Games
Avadon, Brothers In Arms: Double Time Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has announced the addition of two new titles to its lineup of game offerings. Spiderweb Software's recently released new fantasy RPG epic, Avadon: the Black Fortress; and the digital download version of Feral Interactive's World War II tactical shooter, Brothers in Arms: Double Time are now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com.
Avadon: The Black FortressAvadon: The Black Fortress is available for $24.95 (USD). Brothers in Arms: Double Time costs $29.95 (USD). A demo version of Avadon is also available for download from Macgamestore.com.
Spiderweb Software brings you Avadon: The Black Fortress, the first chapter in a new, epic fantasy saga. You will serve the keep of Avadon, working as a spy and warrior to fight the enemies of your homeland. As a servant of the Black Fortress, your word is law. Experience an exciting fantasy role-playing adventure and battle a conspiracy to destroy your people.
- Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
- Four different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
- Uncover the fascinating history of Avadon and the land of Lynaeus.
- Many different endings. Your choices will change the world.
- Dozens of side quests, hidden dungeons, and secrets to discover.
- Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
- Huge adventure with lots of replay value.
Brothers in Arms: Double Time
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- 800 MhZ processor
- Video card or processor with OpenGL support and 32 MB video RAM (64 MB recommended).
- 512 MB RAM, and 200 MB hard disk space.
- 1024x600 screen resolution with 32 bit color.
Real soldiers. Authentic battlefields. True combat.
The first two episodes in Gearbox software’s critically acclaimed WWII tactical shooter series combined in one gripping pack.
Gritty, authentic and innovative, Brothers in Arms: Double Time offers the visceral, emotionally charged experience of infantry combat in the Normandy invasion; the battle that changed history.
In June 1944 the 101st Airborne Division, the Screaming Eagles, parachuted behind enemy lines and into France. The hopes of the free world rested on their shoulders. Play as Sergeant Matt Baker or Joe Hartsock, and lead the squad as you balance their lives with the success of the mission.
- 30+ playable levels: Brothers In Arms: Double Time combines the complete stories of the first two Brothers In Arms games. Fight through the D-Day invasion and the following days in Normandy.
- Unprecedented authenticity: Fight actual Airborne Infantry D-Day battles with historically accurate battlefields, events, and equipment recreated from Army Signal Corps photos, Aerial reconnaissance Imagery and eyewitness accounts.
- Real Military Tactics: Find, Fix, Flank, and finish your enemies like a real WWII Squad leader.
- Issue orders: Commanding and leading your squad has never been more realistic on the Mac.
- Players of all skill levels can battle their way through this intense experience because of Brothers in Arms innovative and accessible command and control system.
Recommended:Processor: 2.4Ghz Intel
- Processor: 1.4Ghz Intel
- OS: Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- RAM: 1.0 GB
- Free Space: 9.0GB
- Graphics: 128MB
- Accessories: Keyboard & Mouse
- The game does not support Intel GMA integrated video chipsets (older Mac minis and MacBooks), but does run on GeForce 9400M graphics cards or better.
OS: Mac OS X 10.6.2
RAM: 3.0 GB
Free Space: 9.0GB
Accessories: Multi-Button Mouse
Brothers In Arms: Double Time
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Buy Brothers In Arms: Double Time
Buy Avadon: The Black Fortress
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, March 14, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.