|Wednesday, February 16, 2011|
Cars 2: The Video Game Coming This Summer
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Disney Interactive Studios has announced that Disney•Pixar’s Cars 2: The Video Game is coming to a vareity of platforms this summer including Macs. The new title is inspired by the upcoming film and will allow players to jump into the Cars universe with a brand new international spy theme. The game will feature an array of beloved Cars characters competing in spy adventures, as well as racing.
Cars 2: The Video Game brings players inside the international training center CHROME (Command Headquarters for Recon Operations and Motorized Espionage), where they choose from more than 20 different characters and train to become world class spies. As part of their international training, they will participate in simulated hazardous missions using high-tech gadgets to evade and slow down adversaries. Visit the link below to learn more.
Cars 2: The Video Game
Avalanche Software, video game developers of the critically acclaimed Toy Story 3: The Video Game, are back in the driver’s seat for Cars 2: The Video Game, working in close collaboration with Pixar artists to bring the humor and personality of the feature film to life.
“Cars is one of Pixar’s most successful and treasured franchises, so we are thrilled to be working with Avalanche Software again to extend our creative vision of the Cars 2 universe into the interactive medium,” said Jay Ward, Cars franchise guardian at Pixar Animation Studios. “Avalanche Software has the technology, experience, and history in working with us to create the best-looking Cars video game to date.”
“The team at Avalanche Software is working on exciting ways to combine the power of the franchise with new storylines and characters in Cars 2: The Video Game to create something unlike any other racing game,” said John Blackburn, vice president and general manager of Avalanche Software. “The combination of racing, international locations and spy themes, and the beloved Cars characters makes Cars 2: The Video Game a truly unique game for players of all ages and skill levels to enjoy.”
Cars 2: The Video Game will feature connectivity with the World of Cars Online – a free-to-play browser-based, virtual world based on the hit Disney•Pixar animated Cars universe. Players will be able to discover an exciting new world beyond Radiator Springs with Mater, Fillmore, Sarge, and others as they gain rewards in the video game and then use them to unlock new items in the World of Cars Online.
Buy Cars 2: The Video Game
Regnum Online Comes To Mac OS X
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
NGD Studios has announced the release of a Mac version of Regnum Online, its free to play online fantasy MMO. The Mac OS X client is considered an experimental version but is fully playable. The game features 3 realms from which to choose, 9 customizable characters, and dynamic player driven battlefields.
Choose your Realm and engage in the most dynamic player driven battlefield available on any MMO. Fight for the Alsius Empire, protect the woods of Syrtis or avenge the Brotherhood of Ignis.Check out the links below to learn more about the game.
Thousand of players from around the world enjoy Regnum Online for free with no level or time restrictions.
- 3 realms to choose from
- 9 fully customizable player characters
- Impressive environment and character Graphics
- Fort and castle sieges
- Massive invasions into enemy territory
- Expansive lands to explore
- Hundreds of quests to complete
- Native support for Windows, Linux and MacOSX platforms.
- Premium Content, items and services
Regnum Online Downloads
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Windows Release Date Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Ubisoft has announced the release dates for the Windows version of Asssassin's Creed Brotherhood. It is scheduled for March 22 in North America. A recent Ubisoft 2010-11 quarterly sales report indicates that the Mac version of Brotherhood will also likely be released in March, although no specific dates were given.
The single-player experience of Assassin’s Creed is back and better than ever as Ezio returns in an epic struggle against the powerful Templar Order. Now a legendary Master Assassin, he must journey into Italy’s greatest city, Rome, center of power, greed and corruption to strike at the heart of the enemy. Defeating the corrupt tyrants entrenched there will require not only strength, but leadership, as Ezio commands an entire Brotherhood that will rally to his side. Only by working together can the Assassins defeat their mortal enemies.Keep an eye on IMG for more information as it becomes available.
And for the first time, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood offers a never-before-seen multiplayer layer. Players can help the Templars by using Abstergo to train in the art of Assassination to eliminate the Assassins once and for all. Players can choose from a wide range of unique characters, each with their own signature weapons and assassination techniques, and match their skills against other players from all over the world in different game modes.
It’s time to join the Brotherhood.
Trine Now At Macgamestore.com
6:00 AM | IMG News | 7 comments
Macgamestore.com recently announced that Frozenbyte's Trine has been added to its catalog of games available for purchase. The fantasy action game features interactive physics, a choice of three unique characters, and a mixture of combat and puzzle solving.
Trine is a fantasy action game where the player can create and use physics-based objects to beat hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies. Set in a world of great castles and strange machinery, three heroes are bound to a mysterious device called the Trine in a quest to save the kingdom from evil…Trine is normally available for $19.95 (USD), but is currently on sale for a limited time introductory price of $9.95 (USD).
The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics - each character's different abilities help the player battle an army of undead and defeat hazardous contraptions. The player can at any time freely choose whoever is best suited for the upcoming challenge or puzzle: The Wizard is able to summon objects to help solve puzzles and create new ways to overcome obstacles, the Thief uses her agility and dead-on accuracy to swiftly surprise the monsters, and the Knight unleashes mayhem and physical destruction wherever he goes.
- Mix Prince of Persia with Flashback, add true innovation and a great graphics engine… a new legend is born!
- 3 completely different characters to control at any given time: Wizard is able to cast physically simulated objects and levitate them in the totally interactive game world; Knight is a mayhem-bringer like no other, able to destroy objects and smash skeletons to pieces with his weapons, including the mighty Storm Hammer!; Thief can hit enemies from a distance with her accurate arrows but she also has a grappling hook to easily swing from one platform to another
- Solve challenges and puzzles in many different ways – combine the characters' abilities and let your mind come up with creative solutions never seen before
- Characters gain experience points that can be used to upgrade their abilities
- Fully interactive game world with life-like physics, including "ragdoll" enemies and more physics objects than you can count!
- Co-op mode for up to 3 players on the same system
- Based on the proprietary "Frozenbyte GDE" game engine
- Superb graphics with next-gen visuals using impressive technical effects such as bloom, reflections and realistic shadows, achieved by using state-of-the-art vertex and pixel shaders
- carefully designed and challenging levels with a distinctly unique atmosphere and graphics, including the Astral Academy, Crystal Caverns, Dragon Graveyard, Forsaken Dungeons, Fangle Forest and the Ruins of the Perished.
- Many different items to collect - each affecting the characters' abilities
- Well-hidden secret chests in every level
- 3 difficulty levels to choose from
- Amazing 19-track soundtrack composed by acclaimed Ari Pulkkinen
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6.4, or later
- Processor: Intel Mac
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 compatible video card with 256 MB shared or dedicated RAM (ATI or NVIDIA)
- Hard Drive: 600 MB
- Misc: Keyboard, Mouse with Secondary click enabled
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, February 11, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.