Europa Universalis III Heir To The Throne Now Shipping
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 6 comments
Virtual Programming recently announced that Europa Universalis III: Heir to the Throne, the third expansion for EU III, is available for download to Mac players. Europa Universalis III and its expansions challenge players to steer one of 250 nations through centuries of development.
Heir to the Throne features not just the new Casus Belli system but also: peace treaties with more options; dynastic monarchies with arranged marriages and far-reaching effects on the game's diplomacy model; new, powerful options for the Holy Roman Empire, including reformations enacted via imperial authority; special diplomatic options for merchant republics, including trade leagues; a Cultural Tradition function that improves advisors the same way Military Tradition improves generals and admirals; and more.Europa Universalis III: Heir to the Throne costs $19.95 (£14.95, €19.95). To learn more about the game click on the links below.
Virtual Programming CEO Mark Hinton, reflecting on his own experience in a position of power, noted: "Heir to the Throne gives Europa Universalis III players rich new options for strategically planning everything from succession of monarchs to the influence of cultural traditions on their nations. This new expansion pack brings an already excellent game even closer to replicating history's richness."
"We're thrilled to see Virtual Programming continue its strong support for the Europa Universalis series," said Paradox Interactive's Fredrik Lindgren. "Heir to the Throne makes Europa Universalis III seem even more like an interactive history book."
- Intriguing Casus Belli system, where wars have specific aims from start to finish
- Monarchs now belong to dynasties, with far-reaching effects on the diplomatic model
- More involving and powerful Holy Roman Empire and Papacy options
- Special diplomatic options for Merchant Republics
- Set your National Focus in a province to enhance growth and strengthen your hold in the region
- Permanent Terra Incognita removed and replaced with impassable regions
- Cultural Tradition allows better advisors in the same way that Military - Tradition allows better generals and admirals
Note: If you have an older version of EU3 Complete, please download the latest version (from where you originally made your purchase) and then migrate your old code at: http://www.vpltd.com/codemigrate
- OS X 10.5.8 or higher
- Intel CPU
- GeForce 7300, Radeon 7X1600 or newer (Intel GMA cards are not supported)
- 128Mb VRAM, 512 MB RAM
- 700Mb free disk space
- Europa Universalis 3 Complete (New Version)
- Broadband connection for Internet play and registration
Europa Universalis III: Heir To The Throne
In-Poculis Majhong 3.1 Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Independent software developer In-Poculis recently announced In-Poculis Mahjong. 3.1, an update to the free solitaire game for Mac OS X and Windows. The title is a memory game where players have to select identical tiles to make them disappear. The main constraint is that they have to be on the layout's borders. All of the Mahjong pieces must be cleared to win. In-Poculis Mahjong features 120 levels and 6 themes.
Commonly called Shanghai games, In Poculis Mahjong features 120 levels and 6 fun scenarios, including Christmas, Halloween, Asian, Easter, Wonderland and Future. Each one has its own levels, graphics, musics, sound effects as well as an easy-to-read statistics panel where scores from scenarios' levels can be quickly observed. To get users started, a 5 step, in-game tutorial can be displayed on demand. Players may also post their scores and photo on the game's website.For more information click over to the links below.
"We tried all the Mahjong games we could to extract our prefered features" said Bernard Lerat, co-founder of In-Poculis. "However it was not enough. We wanted to add something really new to the gameplay and decided to change the scoring by the use of combos. You always have to select identical tiles but you have to evaluate many possibities to be sure to create straights or four of a kind"
- Standard and Expert Mode
- Christmas, Halloween, Asian, Easter, Wonderland and Future scenarios
- 120 levels
- Built-in 5 step, in-game Tutorial
- Post Scores and Photo on In-Poculis's website
Among In Poculis Mahjong's most prominent features is its combo feature to gain more points. Other than beating a particular time for clearing the board, players earn points with combos such as four of a kind (two identical pairs) or straights. If the player can no longer match a pair, the game board automatically reshuffles the tiles.
WoW: Cataclysm Screenshots
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Skewed & Reviewed has posted a collection of new screenshots from Blizzard Entertainment's Cataclysm, the upcoming next expansion for the company's popular MMO, World of Warcraft. The expansion will allow players to adventure as two new playable races, bring their characters to level 85, take on challenging quests and dungeons in all-new zones, and experience dramatic changes to familiar aspects of the game in the wake of a world-shattering disaster.
In Cataclysm, players will witness the face of Azeroth being altered forever, as the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing awakens from his subterranean slumber and erupts onto the surface, leaving ruin and destruction in his wake. As the Horde and Alliance race to the epicenter of the cataclysm, the kingdoms of Azeroth will witness seismic shifts in power, the kindling of a war of the elements, and the emergence of unlikely heroes who will rise up to protect their scarred and broken world from utter devastation.Visit the site below to view the new screenshots.
Skewed & Reviewed: WoW Cataclysm Screens
Building on the foundation established in World of Warcraft and its first two expansions, Cataclysm will add a variety of new content and offer players the opportunity to rediscover Azeroth and experience the game from a whole new perspective. New features coming with the game’s third expansion include:
- Two New Playable Races: Adventure as the cursed worgen with the Alliance or the resourceful goblins with the Horde.
- Increased Level Cap: Advance to level 85 and earn new abilities, tap into new talents, and progress through the path system, a new way for players to customize characters.
- Classic Zones Remade: Quest to level 60 as you never have before. Familiar zones across the original continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms have been reforged by the cataclysm and updated with new quests and content.
- Flying Mounts in Azeroth: Explore Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms from a whole new perspective.
- Guild Advancement: Progress as a guild to earn guild levels and guild achievements.
- New High-Level Content: Explore newly opened parts of the world, including Uldum, Grim Batol, and the great sunken city of Vashj'ir beneath the sea, and enjoy even more high-level raid content than in previous expansions.
- New PvP Zone & Rated Battlegrounds: Take on PvP objectives and daily quests on Tol Barad Island, a new Wintergrasp-like zone, and wage war in all-new rated Battlegrounds.
- Archaeology: Master a new secondary profession to unearth valuable artifacts and earn unique rewards.
- New Race and Class Combinations: Explore Azeroth as a gnome priest, blood elf warrior, or one of the other never-before-available race and class combinations.
World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm
Mini Ninjas: Kunoichi Video Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has release a new video showcasing one of the ninjas from the upcoming Mini Ninjas game. The trailer features Kunoichi, and is the second of several videos to reveal characters from the game. The trailers will be released every Wednesday and Saturday before the game's release.
Developed by Io Interactive, Mini Ninjas follows the young ninja, Hiro and his friends as they travel through spellbound lands to do battle with a magical army of animals-turned-samurai.
Greetings, followers of the Ninja way! From your training here at Feral’s private mountain you’ll know that Mini Ninjas follows Hiro’s quest to defeat the Evil Samurai Warlord, but he’s not going to get very far without help from his friends! The problem is, his friends have been missing for quite some time now.Mini Ninjas is scheduled for release on June 11. Check out the video and learn more about the game at the links below.
Mini Ninjas Trailer
But who are these half-pint heroes? Just as the Ninja Master sent them out one by one to investigate the strange occurrences throughout the land, we’re going to be introducing the Ninjas one-by-one, each with their own trailer – you’ll find a new video every Wednesday and Saturday until we release the game.
Buy Mini Ninjas
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.