Virtual Programming Bringing Supreme Commander 2 To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
After teasing gamers with partial screenshots Virtual Programming has confirmed it will be bringing Gas Powered Games' Supreme Commander 2 to Mac users. The real time strategy game drops players into the middle of a war between three galactic empires and gives them the chance to command enormous armies comprised of a host of customizable units.
Set 25 years after the events of the original game, Supreme Commander 2 begins with the assassination of the newly elected president of the Colonial Defense Coalition. The CDC members — the United Earth Federation, the Order of the Illuminate, and the Cybran Nation — deny involvement, blame each other and galactic war ensues...Virtual Programming has not yet announced a release date for the game. An HD trailer is available from the site below.
YouTube: Supreme Commander 2 Trailer
- A deep and powerful story element adds a personal, human aspect to a storyline previously focused on warring factions and the politics that fuel them. The single player campaign features three character-driven storylines set 25 years after the events of Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
- Command enormous armies made up of customizable land, air and naval units. Each of the three diverse factions — The United Earth Federation (UEF), the Cybran Nation and the Illuminate — have been completely redesigned from the original game, with many units
- Experimental units returning with new designs and greatly enhanced looks...and some new tricks that can be unlocked through research
- New Supreme Commander Gameplay Experience: players now have the ability to research new technologies and units and deploy them instantly on the battlefield, allowing them to upgrade a base-level tank to a high-powered, multi-barreled, AA-sporting monster by the end of a given game
- Strategic Mode UI: the redesigned UI that is faster, takes up less screen real-estate and gives better player feedback
- New rendering technology that allows us to create visually spectacular environments
Gas Powered Games (add to watch list)
Virtual Programming (add to watch list)
Supreme Commander 2 (add to watch list)
Buy Supreme Commander 2
Mishap: An Accidental Haunting Released
4:01 PM | IMG News | 2 comments
Macgamestore.com today announces the exclusive release of Namco's Mishap: An Accidental Haunting for the Macintosh on its web site. Mishap is a casual game where players will take on the role of Kelly and Brock Burton, a young couple that have just moved into their new dream home. Unfortunately for them, it happens to be haunted. As they discover the details of the departed houseguests, players have to solve enigmatic riddles left behind for the living.
Mishap is a casual game where players will take on the role of Kelly and Brock Burton, a young couple that have just moved into their new dream home. Unfortunately for them, it happens to be haunted. As they prepare to pack up and leave, they are suddenly greeted by the peculiar Milton Hobblepop, self described Professional Paranormal Investigator & Exterminator. With his help, they set out to clear their house of a group of particularly unfortunate ghostsMishap: An Accidental Haunting is available from Macgamestore.com web site for $9.95 (USD). A free 60 minute trial version is also available for download through the company's web site.
Buy Mishap: An Accidental Haunting
Enter the domains of these eccentric specters and search for objects hidden through over 30 beautifully illustrated rooms. As you discover the details of the departed houseguests, you'll have to solve enigmatic riddles left behind for the living. Assemble custom ghostcatchers for each pesky poltergeist and challenge them in unique minigames where you must play by their rules! Each challenge will bring you one step closer to unraveling the mysteries of the ghosts' unfortunate fates and their connection to the mysterious Hobblepop. Help the Burtons survive the paranormal and take back their home in Mishap: An Accidental Haunting.
Requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later, a G4 1.5 GHz or better, and 512 MB of RAM
Macgamestore.com (add to watch list)
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Ep. 2 Coming In A Few Weeks
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Telltale Games is scheduled to release the next episode of Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse in a few weeks. In their latest adventure Sam & Max will face "a mysterious otherworldly power for controlling matter and space that calls to the strongest and strangest who might wield it - intergalactic warlords and eldritch gods, under-dwellers and scholars of the arcane." The second episode of the new adventure series featuring the popular dog and rabbit duo is titled The Tomb of Sammun-Mak.
The second episode, The Tomb of Sammun-Mak, will release in just a few short weeks, and the Freelance Police face even more bizarre and dangerous new characters (and some familiar faces). The game's designer calls this episode Sam & Max's "trippiest trip yet", as it features new psychic powers, peculiar foes, a journey on the Disorient Express and an ancient mysterious riddle from across the ages.Read more at the link below.
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
Buy Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
Telltale Games (add to watch list)
Sam & Max (add to watch list)
Three New Din's Curse Monsters Added To Bestiary
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Soldak Entertainment, developer of Depths of Peril and Kivi's Underworld, has released more new information about its lastest action RPG, Din's Curse. The update features three new additions to the creature list with the unveiling of the Skeleton Warrior, Ragnar, and the Torva Shaman.
Skeleton WarriorCheck out the new creature additions at the link below.
Din's Curse Monsters
Most fleshless skeletons don't remember life, only the hunger to kill. Though magic has prevented physical decay, in some cases it fails to keep the creatures enthralled and memory seeps back into the skeleton warrior's consciousness, like the memory of wearing armor and war. These versions of the undead are fierce competitors if they consider you an enemy, as they do all living beings.
A distant cousin to the giant wolf, Ragnar were once desired pets of the dark elves. Now they roam the underworld free to sate their violent yearnings. These monstrous canines fear nothing, earning their dark elf name of dragon dog.
Soldak Entertainment (add to watch list)
Din's Curse (add to watch list)
Buy Din's Curse
Tripwire Shooters Coming To Macs Via Steam
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 6 comments
Tripwire Interactive president John Gibson recently confirmed to Big Download that two of the company's first person shooters would be coming to Mac users via Valve's soon to be released Steam. Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 and Killing Floor will be ported to the Mac platform, complete with access to all current downloadable content, Steam achievements, and cross-platform multiplayer action.
Killing Floor:The company has not yet announced an official release date, but information should be available soon after the Mac Steam client is officially released.
Big Download: Tripwire Games Coming To Macs
It’s a co-op survival horror game. Up to 6 players in online co-op mode, or just you, on your own, playing the Solo mode. The aim – cleanse each area of zombies, in waves, until you get to the last one. The Big One. The Patriarch. Then exterminate him, too. Actually, they aren’t “zombies”. They are the left-over “specimens” from a cheap and dirty government program to clone soldier-monsters. The basic ones will just munch on your arm and try to disembowel you. The bigger ones were the first ones they tried arming. Nothing much. Just a chainsaw or a blade for starters. They had just got on to the chain gun and rockets when the government tried to secretly shut down their secret program.
But, in the typical way these things go, the program didn’t want to be shut down. The specimens got loose. No-one was left alive to turn off the specimen-cloning equipment. And now they are running amok. Well, some of them are running amok. Others are shambling amok or even jumping amok, but you get the idea.
The police were sent in, but that wasn’t even a challenge for the specimens. The first army units hadn’t been warned what to expect. The screams of “its got a bloody chainsaw!” over the radios probably didn’t do much for morale, as whole units were chewed up. Quite literally, in some cases, of course.
And now, there is just you. And a few friends. The few survivors from the first police and army units thrown in. Of course, you can’t tell anyone anything, because that would be a breach of the Official Secrets Act 1911, 1920, 1989. And that would be a disciplinary offense. So just get in there and do your bit for Queen and Country…
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-15:
Fight in the theatre of war that changed the world forever. Battle alongside your compatriots on some of the most inhospitable environments of the Eastern Front in Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 RO places you in the most realistic WWII first-person multi-player combat to date on the PC, allowing the player to fight through some of the most intense combat of the war. You can play as infantry, using a wide range of infantry weapons, or crew one of the many armoured combat vehicles available in the game, from half-tracks all the way through to the most famous German and Soviet heavy tanks. You can engage the enemy with everything from your bayonet at close quarters up to the massive 122mm cannon on the Soviet IS-2. And if that isn't enough, find an officer and a radio to call in thunderous artillery strikes to shake the enemy loose.
- Fight intense battles on 13 authentic Eastern Front combat environments
- Crew 14 fully realized vehicles with highly detailed exterior and interior models
- Choose from 28 authentic infantry weapons
- Full 32 player online Multiplayer Support
- Unique Setting – the only FPS to focus on the WWII Russian Front
- Engage enemy tanks at 800 metres and more with the Simulation-level armored vehicle combat
- Fight the full range of combined arms infantry and vehicle combat in detailed environments based on real-world data, from city-centre to deeply rural settings
- Realistic bullet and projectile ballistics will make you duck for cover
- Coordinate strategies with your team-mates via Voice Over IP
- Authentic Immersive Sound FX and 3d Positional Sound System
- 3d “Iron Sights” and unique 3d scope system
- True weapon deployment system including resting rifles on support
- Historically accurate artillery system
- Distance-based sound system dynamically creates the battle ambiance
- Advanced player movement system featuring diving over obstacles and leaning
- Custom 8 way animation system for highly realistic player animations
Valve Software (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Monday, May 3, 2010
Friday, April 30, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.