Brothers In Arms: Double Time Released Today
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
As previously announced Feral Interactive is scheduled to release Brothers In Arms: Double Time today. Developed by Gearbox Software, and now being released as part of the Feral Legends series, Brothers In Arms: Double Time comprises the first two games in the Brothers in Arms series: Road to Hill 30 and Earned in Blood.
“Brothers in Arms approaches war games in an innovative way. We have been eager to bring these games to the Mac audience for some time. The focus on realism and their ability to engage your emotions makes them quite special,” said David Stephen, Feral Interactive’s Managing Director.Minimum System Requirements:
“We are delighted to see the Brothers in Arms series appear on the Mac and having a whole new audience enjoying these games,” said Gearbox Software’s President, Randy Pitchford.
Brothers In Arms: Double Time has won wide acclaim as one of the most gritty and realistic battle adventures ever to come to a computer screen. Based on a true story, players lead a squad of soldiers from the 101st Airborne division of the US Army through an epic journey starting on D-Day and fighting through the first perilous days of the Normandy invasion.
Brothers In Arms: Double Time takes realistic military action to the next level; testing leadership, judgment and determination it offers engaging action in an authentic setting that challenges a player’s ability at every turn. Success depends upon how effectively a player commands their squad.
The game will retail in North America for US $29.95, £19.95 (inc. VAT) in the UK and €24.95 (inc. VAT) throughout Europe.
Brothers In Arms: Double Time (add to watch list)
- 1.8GHz Intel Mac
- 1.5GB RAM
- 28MB graphics card
- DVD drive
- 8GB of hard disk space
- Mac OS X v10.5 or later
- The game supports the latest generation of MacBooks and Mac Minis with nVidia 9400M cards or better
Buy Brothers In Arms: Double Time
Macgamestore.com Offers Spring Sale
8:29 PM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Announcing Macgamestore.com's Spring Sale!
The following games are half off for a limited time. Save 50 percent on the following titles:
- Big Kahuna Reef 2 - $9.95 (50% Off)
Macgamestore.com Spring Sale
- Build It! Miami Beach Resort - $4.95 (50% Off)
- Cleaopatra: a Queen's Destiny - $14.95 (50% Off)
- El Dorado Quest - $4.95 (50% Off)
- Emerald City Confidential - $9.95 (50% Off)
- Feeding Frenzy - $9.95 (50% Off)
- Hacker Evolution Untold - $12.50 (50% Off)
- Legion Arena - $19.95 (50% Off)
- Mad Skills Motocross - $12.50 (50% Off)
- Mystery Stories: Berlin Nights - $9.95 (50% Off)
- Peggle Deluxe - $9.95 (50% Off)
- Pure Hidden - $9.95 (50% Off)
- Romance of Rome - $4.95 (50% Off)
- Tasty Planet - $9.95 (50% Off)
Sale ends April 23rd, 2010.
Avernum 6 Version 1.0.3 Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Spiderweb Software recently released an update for Avernum 6, the final title in the long running Avernum RPG series. The update brings the game to version 1.0.3 and "fixes a handful of bugs and balance issues. It also is the next stage in our tireless assault against typos."
Set in the world of Avernum, an enormous series of caves far below the surface of the world, the game wraps up loose plot threads from previous games and reveals the final fate of the underground realm and its popular characters.
We have updated Avernum 6 for the Macintosh to v1.0.3. This update fixes several obscure bugs and a handful of typos. To upgrade, just download the demo and install it over your old copy of the game. Your saved games and registration will be unaffected.Learn more about the Avernum games at the pages linked below.
Spiderweb Software (add to watch list)
Avernum 6 (add to watch list)
Civilization IV: Beyond The Sword Goes Downloadable
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Aspyr Media has announced the release of a digital download version of Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword for Macs, an expansion for the original Civilization IV. The download is available exclusively from Aspyr's Game Agent store.
Description:Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword costs $29.99. Follow the links below for more information.
Game Agent: Civilization IV Beyond The Sword
Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword focuses on the late-game time periods and delivers 12 challenging and decidedly different scenarios created by the development team at Firaxis Games. Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword includes 10 new civilizations, 16 new leaders, 5 new wonders, and a variety of new units that will offer even more fun and exciting ways for players to expand their civilization’s power as they strive for world domination.
Minimum System Requirements:
- More Civ Than Ever – With a massive increase of 10 civilizations, 64 buildings, 11 scenarios, 5 wonders, 6 technologies, corporations, brand new espionage system and expanded trade routes, Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword is a must-have expansion pack to the greatest strategy franchise of all time.
- Scenarios: Expect the Unexpected – 11 additional scenarios include setting new worlds in Final Frontier, battling zombies in Alterword, conquering medieval Western Europe in Charlemagne, and more.
- Advanced Starts – For the first-time ever, launch a game in later eras with this new frontier that allows you to purchase units, roles, improvements and technologies to start your game.
- Unstoppable Corporations – Found your own corporation and spread its influence as another tool to gain control over the world.
Recommended System Requirements:
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.11, 10.5.6
- CPU Processor: PowerPC G5 or Intel
- CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB or higher
- Hard Disk Space: 2.5 GB free disk space
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon 9600
- Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX 6600
- Video Memory (VRam): 128 MB
- Media Required: DVD-ROM Drive
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
- Supported Video cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600, 6800, 7300, 7600, 7800, 8600, 8800, 9400, 9600, GEFORCE GT 120, GEFORCE QUADRO FX 4500 ATI Radeon 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X600, X800, X1600, X1900, HD 2400, 2600, 3870
NOTICE: Intel integrated video chipsets are not supported.
- CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 1 GB
- Video RAM: 128 MB
NOTICE: Apple original CPU’s only, CPU upgrades not supported.
NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
REQUIRES THE FULL VERSION OF Civilization IV for Mac OS X TO PLAY
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
Civilization IV: Beyond The Sword (add to watch list)
Buy Civilization IV: Beyond The Sword
Flyghty Reaches Version 1.1
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Nostalgic Software has released Version 1.1 of Flyghty for Macs. The simple 2D flight simulator has evolved to include both land and ocean environments with a choice of Civilian and Military options. The sim allows players to practice a variety of maneuvers including take offs, cruising, loops, and dogfights with enemy planes.
New Features:Read more at the link below.
Nostalgic Software (add to watch list)
Design your own airplane. Alter mono and biplane wings, tail surfaces, body length, and rotary engine size. Modifications affect flight and ground dynamics: thrust, lift, drag, weight and inertia.
- Four mountain peak heights for launch/landing slopes
- More zoom levels and elevator deflection
- Biplane has better handling, retractable gear and flaps
- Plane damage due to ground contact and enemy fire
- Protect your runway and carrier from balloon bombs
- Mission descriptions and completion bonuses
Civilian options include takeoffs, landings, loops, stalls, dives, wind, fog and various equipment failures. Military options add an aircraft carrier, catapult, tail-hook, enemy planes, battleships and machine guns. Missions include dangerous torpedo drops and balloon bombs. Registered versions add saving designs, selections and scores.
The Chronicles Of Riddick Coming To Macs Today
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Virtual Programming is scheduled to release the Mac version of Atari's The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena today. The game includes both the new Assault on Dark Athena campaign and an enhanced version of the original Escape from Butcher Bay.
The Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena contains a brand new full-length Riddick campaign in addition to a high-definition pixel-by-pixel remake of the universally acclaimed title Escape from Butcher Bay. In addition to the thrilling, visceral single player action, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena brings Riddick into the multiplayer arena for the first time, with six intense online multiplayer combat modes including the unique Pitch Black mode.Check out the links below for more information.
Virtual Programming (add to watch list)
Reprising his role as Riddick, Vin Diesel brings his unique vocal talent to The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, creating a powerful anti-hero with a talent for chilling one-liners. Diesel is joined by a high calibre cast of actors including Lance Henriksen, Wade Williams, William Morgan Sheppard, and Michelle Forbes who brings depth and weary malevolence to Riddick’s chief adversary on the Dark Athena, Captain Revas. Starbreeze Studios’ proprietary ‘vo-cap’ technology ensures that every nuance of the actors’ vocal and physical performance ends up in the game, creating a uniquely absorbing experience.
In The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena the player takes the role of Riddick, as played by Diesel, using stealth and action to overcome the merciless crew of the predatory Merc-ship Dark Athena which awaits its prey in the dark reaches of space. Cheating death through a series of spectacular battles and events, Riddick will fight for his life amid a storm of malevolence and horror. The Chronicles of Riddick series of games takes the player deeper into the universe of Universal Pictures’ films The Chronicles of Riddick and cult classic Pitch Black, which first introduced Diesel as enigmatic anti-hero.
For more information click on the links below.
The Chronicles Of Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Monday, April 12, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.