Brothers In Arms: Double Time Coming April 16
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Feral Interactive has announced the upcoming release of Brothers In Arms: Double Time on Friday, April 16th. Developed by Gearbox Software, and now being released as part of the Feral Legends series, Brothers In Arms: Double Time comprises the first two games in the Brothers in Arms series: Road to Hill 30 and Earned in Blood.
“Brothers in Arms approaches war games in an innovative way. We have been eager to bring these games to the Mac audience for some time. The focus on realism and their ability to engage your emotions makes them quite special,” said David Stephen, Feral Interactive’s Managing Director.Minimum System Requirements:
“We are delighted to see the Brothers in Arms series appear on the Mac and having a whole new audience enjoying these games,” said Gearbox Software’s President, Randy Pitchford.
Brothers In Arms: Double Time has won wide acclaim as one of the most gritty and realistic battle adventures ever to come to a computer screen. Based on a true story, players lead a squad of soldiers from the 101st Airborne division of the US Army through an epic journey starting on D-Day and fighting through the first perilous days of the Normandy invasion.
Brothers In Arms: Double Time takes realistic military action to the next level; testing leadership, judgment and determination it offers engaging action in an authentic setting that challenges a player’s ability at every turn. Success depends upon how effectively a player commands their squad.
The game will retail in North America for US $29.95, £19.95 (inc. VAT) in the UK and €24.95 (inc. VAT) throughout Europe. It is currently available to pre-order from Feral's online store.
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
- 1.8GHz Intel Mac
- 1.5GB RAM
- 28MB graphics card
- DVD drive
- 8GB of hard disk space
- Mac OS X v10.5 or later
- The game supports the latest generation of MacBooks and Mac Minis with nVidia 9400M cards or better
Brothers In Arms: Double Time (add to watch list)
Buy Brothers In Arms: Double Time
Civilization IV: Warlords Digital Download Now Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Aspyr Media has announced the release of a digital download version of Civilization IV: Warlords for Macs, and expansion for the original Civilization IV. The download is available exclusively from Aspyr's Game Agent store.
Pay Homage to History’s Greatest Military LeadersCivilization IV: Warlords costs $29.99. Follow the links below for more information.
Game Agent: Civilization IV Warlords
Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Warlords is the first expansion pack for the Firaxis Games’ award-winning title, Civilization IV. Paying homage to some of history’s greatest military leaders, the expansion delivers eight unique and interesting scenarios, giving players the chance to change the course of history with the help of their new powerful “warlord” unit. Civilization IV: Warlords includes new civilizations, leaders, units, and wonders that offer even more fun and exciting ways for players to expand their civilization’s military power as they strive for world domination.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Warlords – A new great person type called the Warlord will be an indispensable asset to any player bent on world domination.
- Vassal States – You no longer need to obliterate an enemy to defeat them. Conquer your enemies and subjugate them to your rule.
- Game Scenarios – The expansion will deliver eight new historical scenarios spanning Alexander’s conquests through Genghis Khan’s dominance of Asia, in addition to other scenarios that challenge the way that you currently play the game.
- New Civilizations – Six new civilizations will be included, giving you even more options when planning your domination of the world.
- Civilization Leaders – Ten new leaders will be provided, including leaders for the new civilizations as well as additional leaders for existing civilizations.
- Leader Traits – In addition to the many existing leader traits in Civilization IV, two new leader traits accompany the expansion.
- New Wonders – There will be three new awe-inspiring wonders, all contributing new benefits and culture to your civilization.
- Unique Buildings – Players will now be able to construct buildings unique to each civilization.
- Units, Resources, & Improvements – Many new items not available in the core game will be introduced in the new scenarios.
- Core Game Tweaks and Additions – Expanded features and gameplay tweaks will be made to the core game.
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Operating System: 10.4, 10.5, and 10.6
- CPU Processor: PowerPC G5 or Intel
- CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB or higher
- Hard Disk Space: 3.5 GB free disk space
- Video Card (ATI) : Radeon 9600-
- Video Card (NVidia) : GeForce FX 5200-
- Video Memory (VRam) : 64 MB or higher
- Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. Internet play requires broadband connection.
- Media Required: CD Drive
NOTICE Apple original CPU’s only, CPU upgrades not supported.
- CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 1 GB or higher
- Video RAM: 128 MB
NOTICE Intel integrated video chipsets (GMA 950) are not supported.
Supported Video cards:
NVIDIA GeForce 5200, 6600, 6800, 7300, 7800
ATI Radeon 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X600, X800, X1600, X1900
REQUIRES THE FULL VERSION OF Civilization IV for Mac OS X TO PLAY
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
World Of Warcraft 3.3.3 Patch Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment recently released a new update for its popular MMORPG, World of Warcraft. In addition to the usual bug fixes, balance changes, and content additions the 3.3.3 patch includes a variety of updates to the Battleground system.
Some of the updates in the latest version:
BattlegroundsClick over to the links below to read the full list of patch notes in the new update.
Wow 3.3.3 Patch Notes
- The Random Battleground system has been added! Similar to the Random Dungeon system in the Dungeon Finder, players can now queue for a random Battleground.
- The Random Battleground option can be found in the Battleground tab of the PvP frame and is only available for level 80 characters at this time.
- If this option is selected, players may not queue for specific Battlegrounds and a random Battleground simultaneously.
- Similar to the Random Dungeon system, players will not know for which Battleground they are chosen when selected from the queue until they zone into the Battleground.
- The Random Battleground option will only allow a group size of 5 players to queue together.
- Bonus rewards will be offered for choosing the Random Battleground option.
- Winning a Battleground using the Random Battleground option for the first time in a day will award players with 30 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency and 25 Arena points.
- Winning additional Battlegrounds using the Random Battleground option after the first random win will award players with 15 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
- Losing a Battleground using the Random Battleground option will award players with 5 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
Daily Battleground quests have been removed in place of the Random Battleground option.
- Battlegrounds will no longer award Marks of Honor.
- Players with existing Marks of Honor can still turn them in to their respective faction's quest givers, including individual marks for those who may have more marks for one Battleground than another.
- Items which previously required Marks of Honor will have their costs adjusted to remove these requirements.
- Whenever a Battleground has the holiday bonus active, it will now be referred to as "Call to Arms" in the Battleground tab and Calendar. In addition, Call to Arms Battleground Honor rewards have been changed.
- Choosing a specific Battleground with the Call to Arms bonus active will yield the exact same rewards as when choosing the Random Battleground option.
- Winning a Call to Arms Battleground for the first time in a day will award players with 30 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency and 25 Arena points.
- Additional Call to Arms Battleground victories after the first win for a player that day will award them with 15 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
- Losing a Call to Arms Battleground will award players with 5 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
- When using the Random Battleground option, players will not receive additional rewards if the Battleground chosen under the Call to Arms bonuses. In addition, the rewards for the first victory of the day cannot be earned more than once, regardless of whether or not it is obtained from the Random Battleground system or the Call to Arms Battleground.
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
World of Warcraft (add to watch list)
Buy World of Warcraft
Diablo II Patch 1.13c Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Yesterday Blizzard Entertainment released the long awaited 1.13c patch for Diablo II. The patch introduces a variety of fixes and changes to the game including a new mystery to uncover, video improvements for Intel Macs running 10.5 or higher, and the addition of respecialization options.
A new Mystery has been revealed!Click over to the link below to read the full change list.
Diablo II Patch 1.13c Notes
- Adventurers of Sanctuary are hereby warned once again, that a new challenge
awaits you. Within Diablo's Bosses, spanning across the world from the
ancient Monastery Catacombs to the Throne of Destruction, is where you'll
find what you seek...
- Fixed an item dupe bug.
- Video improvements for Intel Mac machines with OS 10.5 or greater.
- Fixed an issue where some players could kill other players while in town
- Fixed an issue where some players could disconnect other players when
they had too many active states.
- Fixed two issues where players could stack auras in an unintended way.
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
Diablo II (add to watch list)
Buy Diablo II
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, March 22, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.