|Wednesday, October 14, 2009|
World Of Warcraft Accounts Merge With Battle.net November 11
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment has announced that all current World of Warcraft players will be required to merge their accounts with a new Battle.net account. When the new Battle.net launches on November 11, WoW players who have not merged their accounts will be unable to connect to the game. Those who merge will also receive a new in game penguin pet.
The new Battle.net will allow players to login to future Blizzard games, shop the online store, and keep track of their Blizzard game key codes. Other plans for the service include cross-realm WoW chat, friends lists, and communication across different games.
A few months ago, we unveiled the Battle.net account, our new way for players to log in to World of Warcraft and future Blizzard games, sign up for upcoming beta tests, shop the online Blizzard Store, and more with just one username and password. This was just the first step in the rollout of the brand-new Battle.net; in the future, players will be able to use Battle.net to participate in cross-realm chat in World of Warcraft, create real-life friends lists, communicate across different games, and a whole lot more. To learn more follow the links below.
WoW/Bnet Account Merge Signup Page
In preparation for the launch of these new features, on November 11, 2009, all current World of Warcraft players will be required to merge their World of Warcraft accounts with a Battle.net account in order to log in to the game. As our way to say "thanks" for taking a moment to go through the process, existing World of Warcraft accounts that upgrade to Battle.net (including those that have already switched over) will receive a brand-new penguin in-game pet -- check for him in your in-game mailbox later this week. Starting on November 11, all World of Warcraft players will need to log in to the game using a Battle.net username and password, and anyone who wishes to create a new World of Warcraft account will need to start with a Battle.net account.
Creating a Battle.net account is simple and free.
World of Warcraft
Buy World of Warcraft
The Three Musketeers: The Game Arrives For Mac
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 5 comments
Dingo Games has announced the Mac release of their swashbuckling adventure, The Three Musketeers: The Game. Available exclusively online, the game closely follows the plot of the original Three Musketeers novel. Features include hand drawn 2D graphics, sword fighting, numerous sidequests, and mini-games.
Players take on the role of the young gentleman d'Artagnan as he sets off for Paris in hopes of becoming a Musketeer. Soon after arriving, d'Artagnan finds himself in duels with each of the famous three Musketeers: Athos, Porthos, and Aramis. By fighting alongside them, he is able to prove that he has the heart of a Musketeer and is accepted by them as a friend. When the evil Cardinal Richelieu launches a plot to disgrace the queen, only d'Artagnan and his three friends can defend her honor.The Three Musketeers: The Game costs $19.98. For more information check out the website below.
Created by independent developer Dingo Games, the game features an old school top-down perspective with hand drawn 2d graphics. Players gather loot, duel enemies, fire flintlocks, and play mini-games as they make their way through the main story. In addition, numerous side-quests exist for players who want to explore the entire game.
It took 165 years, but this classic tale has finally been faithfully adapted into a video game.
The Three Musketeers: The Game
Eschalon: Book II Box Art Unveiled
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Basilisk Games recently posted an image of the CD packaging for Eschalon: Book II, the upcoming second title in its planned "old school" RPG trilogy. The game will continue the storyline from the previous title and feature more than 60 gameplay enhancements.
Eschalon: Book II Features:
- Eschalon: Book II is the sequel to 2007’s award winning RPG Eschalon: Book I, although no previous experience is needed to play and enjoy Book II.
- Book II will be available for Windows, Macintosh (Universal Binary) and Linux-based computers.
- Play as a male or female character.
- 1024 x 768 native resolution.
- Most tiles have been re-rendered to take advantage of the higher engine resolution. Hundreds of new graphic elements, tiles, sound effects and music means Book II is not just a remix of the previous game.
- New weather effects: snow, rain, and thunderstorms. Weather isn’t just an effect; severe weather effects gameplay stats and skills.
- Additional skills and improved skill balancing.
- Improved GUI including additional save game slots, increased number of Inventory and Quick Slot spaces, Key Ring and Recipe book, and much more!
- “Equipment configuration” presets for convenient swapping of entire armor and weapons sets.
- New difficulty modes and tracked statistics add to replay value.
Head over to the page below for more information.
Basilisk Games: Book II Box Art
Eschalon: Book II
Buy Eschalon: Book II
More Singers Announced For The Sims 3 World Adventures
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
The EA Play label of Electronic Arts has announced more singers who will be contributing their "Simlish-style" tunes to the upcoming The Sims 3: World Adventures. Some of the artists participating include GRAMMY award-winner LeAnn Rimes, Fefe Dobson, Katie Melua, and Esme Denters.
Over a dozen additional artists who will lend their Simlish voice stylings to The Sims 3 World Adventures including Grammy Award-winner LeAnn Rimes and hot rising stars Fefe Dobson, Natalie Portman's Shaved Head, Katie Melua, Esme Denters, Evan Taubenfeld, Madina Lake, and more.Check out the Worthplaying page below to read more.
Worthplaying: More World Adventures Singers
"Once again, the musical world of The Sims comes to life with some of the world's biggest stars of today and tomorrow performing their hits in Simlish," says Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music for EA. "In the future, look for exciting music videos to accompany some of these songs, which will further demonstrate that Simlish is truly a global language."
"My friends have told me about The Sims for years, and I've also heard Natasha Bedingfield and Black Eyed Peas versions of their songs in Simlish, so I was thrilled to be in on the fun," said LeAnn Rimes. "It's so cool to have my own music in such an iconic game."
New global artists with Simlish songs in The Sims 3 World Adventures include:
- LeAnn Rimes - "You've Ruined Me"
- Fefe Dobson - "I Want You"
- Katie Melua - "If the lights go out"
- Madina Lake - "Lets Get Outta Here"
- Manchester Orchestra - "I've Got Friends"
- Natalie Portman's Shaved Head - "Me + Yr Daughter"
- Esme Denters - "Outta Here"
- Hot Chelle Rae - "Say"
- Audrye Sessions - "Turn Me Off"
- Metalkpretty - "Wake Up, Wake Up"
- Evan Taubenfeld - "Pumpkin Pie"
- Friday Night Boys - "Can't Take That Away"
- Cassie Steele - "Summer Nights"
- Broken Hearts Club - "Na Na Na"
Previously announced artists and songs featured in the game include:
- Nelly Furtado - "Manos al Aire"
- Pixie Lott - "Mama Do"
- Stefanie Heinzmann - "No One (Can Ever Change My Mind)"
- Matt & Kim - "Daylight"
- Young Punx - "Juice and Sim"
The Sims 3: World Adventures
Buy The Sims 3: World Adventures
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, October 12, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.