Nethergate: Resurrection Announced
8:16 AM | Cord Kruse | 21 comments
Spiderweb Software has officially announced Nethergate: Resurrection, a complete rewrite of the original game. Scheduled for release sometime this Summer, Resurrection will offer a variety of updates and improvements including the addition of new quests, new items, and two large new dungeons.
At last, Spiderweb Software's classic adventure of treachery and battle in ancient times has returned! Travel back to ancient Britannia for a tale of cunning foes, vicious battles, and a race to rediscover the lost secrets of magic.System Requirements:
Nethergate: Resurrection is a huge, exciting, fantasy role-playing game, which features:
- Two different sides, the powerful Romans and the savage and cunning Celts. Each side has a completely different full-length adventure.
- Enormous game world, with dozens of dungeons and many characters and quests.
- Fascinating storyline. Fight for freedom, or further the glory of the Empire.
- Lost secrets of magic! Dozens of spells and hundreds of hidden magical artifacts.
- Innovative story and unique setting. Unlike any fantasy game you've ever played.
- Macintosh running System 10.2 or later.Nethergate: Resurrection will cost $25, or $32 with a hint book. Owners of the original Nethergate will be able to upgrade for $12.
- 50 MB free RAM.
- 50 MB hard disk space.
- 800x600 screen resolution with 16 bit color.
- Nethergate: Resurrection runs natively on Intel Macintoshes.
Head over to the new Nethergate: Resurrection site listed below to learn more and check out a few screenshots.
Apple Games Features Star Wars: Empire At War
8:16 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Apple Games travelled to a galaxy far, far away for the site's latest game feature showcasing Star Wars: Empire at War. Recently brought to the Mac by Aspyr Media, Empire at War gives players the chance to wage battles in space and planetside as they fight for either the evil Empire or brave Rebellion. The feature includes an overview of the strategy game, some gameplay tips, and a brief history of Star Wars video games.
Producer Michael Fetterman and his team also reached into the Expanded Universe for other elements in the game, including many of the ships and two of the heroes: Kyle Katarn of Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast fame and Mara Jade, a character first introduced in author Timothy Zahn’s Thrawn trilogy as one of Emperor Palpatine’s personal assassins. Of course, you’ll also get access to many well-known characters, including Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Boba Fett, any of whom can help turn the tide of battle for your side.Click over to the site below to read more.
Apple Games: Star Wars: Empire at War
Fetterman and his team also created about a third of the content found in Empire at War, including the Imperial AT-AA (All Terrain-Anti-Aircraft) Walker and TIE Mauler tank, as well as the Rebellion’s T4-B tank. “LucasArts has a rigorous process for new content approval and anything that did not already exist in the Star Wars universe had to pass through their licensing department,” Fetterman says. “It was very inspiring to work with them, as they are so passionate about preserving that Star Wars look and feel.”
Star Wars: Empire at War
Buy Star Wars: Empire at War
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Monday, March 26, 2007
Friday, March 23, 2007
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.