Rusesoft To Publish Cold War
12:00 PM | Tuncer Deniz | 13 comments
Developers Mindware Studios and Runesoft today announced that they will be bring the popular PC/Xbox title, Cold War, to the Macintosh. In the game you take he role of Matthew Carter, who finds himself in the midst of an international conspiracy. The Mac version is currently set for a June 2006 release and will require a "high-end Macintosh".
Here's a bit more on the game:
It’s 1986, and the United States and the Soviet Union are taking the first tentative steps toward perestroika—a sense of friendship and cooperation that has not existed between the two world superpowers for decades. It appears that the Cold War might actually be over.For more on Cold War, head over to the official web site.
Unfortunately, not everyone thinks that glasnost is a good thing. A fundamentalist faction within the Soviet government doesn’t want the Cold War to thaw—they want it to heat up. Led by Barinsky, the radical head of the KGB, a group of separatists is making a last, desperate attempt to return the USSR to the control of the hard-line Communist regime by framing an American in a plot to assassinate the Soviet president and set off a chain of events that could very well lead to World War III.
Matthew Carter, a hard-nosed American journalist following a tip from an informant, has just arrived in Moscow to cover a story. He is hoping that this assignment will lead to the story of a lifetime. Instead, it leads him into the thick of Barinsky’s plot. Now, instead of vying for a Pulitzer Prize, Carter is fighting to clear his name, get to the bottom of Barinsky’s sinister plan, and—hopefully—get out of the Soviet Union alive.
• Powerful and widely-recognized setting (mid-1980's U.S.S.R.) .
• Strong espionage/stealth gameplay - including gadgets like the
• Interactive non-linear world with multiple ways to accomplish
• Use the highly interactive environments: If you can't slip past
security cameras, disable them
• Strong and realistic A.I. - enemies behave differently, especially
the Specnaz (Russian Special Forces).
• 23 Levels
• Over 15 weapons and gadgets at your disposal.
• 10+enemy types, 20+ NPC's, 15+ hours of gameplay, 3 difficulty
Cold War (add to watch list)
Buy Cold War
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space Demo Available
8:42 AM | Tuncer Deniz | Comment on this story
Following yesterday's release of Digital Eel's Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space, the company today announced the release of the Mac demo. Here's more on the demo:
The DEMO is a fully playable 10 year "pirate mission" with the pirate corvette and the small starmap.To download the 17 MB demo, head over to our sister site, Macgamefiles.com.
MGF: Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space Demo
The full version of Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space adds: 5 more alien races, 14 more starship types, science and military missions, medium and large starmaps with more stars to explore, user-made mod support, more special events AND a robust battle simulator that is like a game in and of itself!
Macgamestore: Hearts of Iron 2 In Stock
8:31 AM | Tuncer Deniz
Hearts of Iron 2 is now available at Macgamestore.com for $39.95.
Hearts of Iron 2 is the sequel to the most appreciated World War II PC game of true Grand Strategic scope ever made. As in its forbear, the map spans the entire world and allows you to play one of over 175 countries during the course of World War II. The game is completely revised with an updated combat system, a new map, revised and easy-to-use interface, new technology tree and hundreds of other updates and improvements.
For more, follow the buy link below.
Virtual Programming (add to watch list)
Hearts of Iron 2 (add to watch list)
Buy Hearts of Iron 2
Ventrilo Voice Chat Updated
8:28 AM | Evan Holt | Comment on this story
Ventrilo, a Voice-Over-IP program that allows users to chat, was quietly updated to version 2.3.2 prototype 11 (the main page does not reflect the new prototype release). The Mac version is slowly getting closer in features to the PC version.
Here's a partial list updates:
Sound:The Macintosh client requires that the server you connect to be configured to use the Speex codec for voice communication.
• Fixed sound / architecture bug that would cause the program to lock up and stop responding.
• Added support for Zoom/Maximize button.
• Added support so that window contents will update as windows are resized.
• Sliders will now update information dynamically. Now includes tick marks where appropriate.
• Binds editor can now be resized to show more detail.
• Closing a window is more responsive.
Operating System: OSX 10.3 or higher.
Platform: PowerPC or Intel.
Processor: 1.0 GHz or higher.
Sound Input and Output device.
Amplified Microphone or USB Microphone
Visit the links below for more information and to download the latest version.
Ventrilo For Mac
Atomic Cannon Released for Mac OS X
8:26 AM | Evan Holt | Comment on this story
Isotope 244 has released a dual-type game called Atomic Cannon. It is an arcade game that puts you in a tank artillery duel against the computer or friends.
Gameplay offers the following:
• Over 85 of the biggest weaponsAtomic Cannon requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later, is a Universal Binary and costs $19.95 U.S. to register.
• Beautiful scenery with 25 realistic landscapes
• Enhanced graphics with real time smoke trails
• Smooth game play with real physics
• Fully customizable weapon economy
• Death match and round based game modes
• Six professional music tracks totalling 20 minutes
• Play in either Portrait or Landscape modes
• Multiplayer mode to show your friends who is boss
• Up to 16 players with 5 tanks each
• Awesome graphical refractive wave effects
• Destroy land and create scorched earth
• Endless humor with talking bots
• Scrollable virtual battle fields
• Radioactive effects with damage over time
• Battle against computer artificial intelligence
• Weather effects which react to the wind
• More user options than you can shake a stick at
• Ultra crisp sound effects
• Alternate wargame graphics mode
• Super small install size, keep it on your device
You can read more about Atomic Cannon by visiting Isotope 244's web site using the link below, or download it from MacGameFiles.
MGF: Atomic Cannon
Myst V Patched for Intel Macs
8:26 AM | Cord Kruse | 5 comments
Ubisoft has released a new patch for Myst V: End of Ages. Exclusively for Intel Mac owners, the patch updates the software for the newer machines. Myst V is the conclusion to the unique puzzle based adventure game series created by Cyan Worlds.
Download this patch, put the Myst V disc in the drive and launch the patch to install.The patch can be downloaded from the link below.
MGF: Myst V Intel Mac Patch
- The patch is English only
- The patch works for all languages supported by the game
- The patch is only for the Mac-Intel users
Cyan Worlds (add to watch list)
Ubisoft (add to watch list)
Myst V: End of Ages (add to watch list)
Buy Myst V: End of Ages
Neverwinter Nights 1.67 Released
8:26 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Years after its original release, Bioware's Neverwinter Nights is still receiving updates. Version 1.67, the latest update, weighs in at a whopping 105 megabytes for those with both expansions installed. It is the largest official free update ever released for the game. In addition to the many bug fixes and content additions provided by 1.67, Bioware is also offering an optional update showcasing two tilesets (Exotic Islands and Undersea Caves) from the previously released Pirates of the Sword Coast premium module.
Here are just a few of the many additions in NWN 1.67:
- Added 13 varieties of new creatures to the game from Pirates of the Sword Coast: Sharks (Goblin, Mako, Hammerhead), Gray Ooze, Ochre Jelly (Large, Medium, Small), Sahuagin (regular, Cleric, Leader), Parrot, Seagull (flying, walking). The update and optional tileset package can be downloaded from the Bioware pages listed below.
Bioware: NWN Version 1.67
- Added 79 new placeable objects to game resources.
- Expanded the number of color choices available for Armor, Cloth, Leather, Skin, Hair, Tattoos.
- Added the ability for DMs to spawn in traps on doors/placeables through the creator (and quickbar slots dragged from the creator menu).
- The DM instant kill key (default 'Y') now also works on non-plot items that are on the ground.
Bioware: 1.67 Patch Details
BioWare (add to watch list)
MacSoft (add to watch list)
Neverwinter Nights (add to watch list)
Buy Neverwinter Nights
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Monday, April 24, 2006
Friday, April 21, 2006
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.