Aspyr Ships Command & Conquer: Generals
8:41 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
Aspyr Media sends along the good news this morning that Command & Conquer: Generals is now shipping for Mac OS X. This 3D strategy game puts the player in control of powerful weaponry to build up an army and overcome enemy bases.
According to Aspyr's Amity Lesko, the Mac version should be available nationwide by this Friday, April 16. If you haven't already tried out the demo, be sure to head over to Macgamefiles and start downloading the game now.
Here's a recap of the system requirements:
For more information on Command & Conquer: Generals, also be sure to have a read through IMG's preview. And if you have yet to pre-order the game, you can do so now at the IMG Store for $43.99 if you're a IMG Pro or MacGames DVD subscriber.
Command & Conquer: Generals (add to watch list)
- Mac OS X 10.2.6 or later
- PowerPC G4/G5, 1GHz or faster
- 256MB RAM
- 1.6GB free disk space
- 3D Graphics Acceleration required (ATI Radeon 7500/nVidia GeForce 2 or better, 32MB of VRAM)
- DVD drive required to install and play
- Network play Mac to Mac only, GameRanger supported
IMG Preview: Command & Conquer: Generals
Order Command & Conquer: Generals
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
i5works (add to watch list)
Buy Command & Conquer: Generals
MacGames DVD Ships This Week
3:22 PM | Tuncer Deniz | Comment on this story
The very first edition of the MacGames DVD subscription is just about done and will be shipping this week. We are awaiting just one eagerly anticipated demos to put on the DVD before it goes to duplication.
If you haven't subscribed to the MacGames DVD, now's your chance. Included with each DVD are dozens of new demos, hundreds of shareware games, and tons of updates, add-ons, movies, and more. Nearly 4.7 Gigabytes of Mac gaming on every DVD!
Subscriptions to the MacGames DVD start at just $49 for one year and include a free game. Subscribe for two years and get two free games. Here's a list of the games IMG is currently offering with a MacGames DVD subscription:
• Max Payne
• Myth III
• Master of Orion III
• Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
• Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003
• Return to Castle Wolfenstein
• Nascar Racing 2003
• Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force II
• Freedom Force
• Baldur's Gate II
Current MacGames CD subscribers can easily upgrade to the MacGames DVD subscription. These subscribers can sign up for an upgrade to the DVD version and will be given credit for remaining issues under their MacGames CD subscription.
For more information on the MacGames DVD subscription, please visit the link below.
IMG Store: MacGames DVD Subscription
Cube 3D Engine Built for OS X
8:57 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
Way back in 2002 IMG first brought you the news of a possible Mac port of an interesting new 3D game engine for Linux called Cube. After many months of development, it seems this open-source project now finally has a stable, working (if still unofficial) OS X version to call its own.
Version 0.3 has been posted at SourceForge and is considered to be fairly complete with the exception of networking. In order to try it out you need to download both the OS X client application as well as the original Cube package.
For more information on the Cube Engine or its Mac port, be sure to check out the following links below.
Cube (add to watch list)
Download Cube Engine/Mac Binaries
IMG News: 'Cube' Mac Port Progress Report
Cube Engine Site
Hollow Ground v1.1 Released, Editor in Beta
8:57 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Hollow Ground, Aescapia's third-person tactical shooter, has recently been updated to version 1.1. The update adds some new gameplay features as well as some bug fixes.
Also available is a beta build of the Hollow Ground Editor, which allows players to create their own levels. Aescapia plans on releasing the final build sometime around the end of April.
- Added new monster. Disembodied Minds.
- Added destructible items. Most items can be destroyed just like barrels.
- Changed so that a new character need to enter the level on character death. This prevents the suicide exploit.
- Added two new original songs. Users can also add their own music by placing MADK files in a Music folder.
- Added three new maps. (Alptraum Ohne Ende, Ex Inferis and Sewer Shrine).
- Fixed some minor issues with the old maps.
- Added two new Psi Foci Cannisters. Adrenaline and Exchange.
- Added Suicide Difficulty Mode. It is unlocked after having completed the game once.
- Changed the number of Cybernetic Upgrade slots to eight.
- Re-balanced player characters and many other things to make the game even more fun.
- Added integration with the level editor.
- Fixed more than one hundred minor things ranging from redrawing tiles and file icons to correcting a few glitches and bugs.
Links to both the editor and the updated game can be found at Aescapia's site.
Aescapia - Hollow Ground Downloads
Hollow Ground Editor
Hollow Ground (add to watch list)
Very Tiny Enigma Update
8:57 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Freeverse has released a small update to Enigma, its codebreaking puzzle game. Now listed at version 2.2, the update fixes some issues with the registration system.
Enigma features over a hundred levels of code breaking, and also sports strange characters that make fun of the player in an attempt to break his concentration. Those looking to update to or try out the latest version can find download links at Freeverse.
Enigma Updated To 2.2
Freeverse (add to watch list)
Freeverse - Enigma
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, April 8, 2004
Wednesday, April 7, 2004
Tuesday, April 6, 2004
Monday, April 5, 2004
Friday, April 2, 2004
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.