Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons Faction Trailer 2 Unveiled
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Kasedo Games and Camel 101 have released the second faction trailer for the upcoming Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons, a new intergalactic real-time tactics game scheduled to be released in the fourth quarter of 2014. Players take command of the Black Talons mercenary company stranded on a planet in the middle of a invasion and forced to fight if they hope to escape.
Take command of the Black Talons company, a fearless mercenary unit currently stationed in the Oberon system providing needed military support in a galaxy torn apart by ruthless dictators and power-hungry warlords. The Black Talons provide everything from specialist squads and supplies, to entire armies, bases – and even powerful mechs of warfare. This comes at a price, of course – but in a universe controlled by the corrupt, is it enough to stand by and watch while great cities burn to the ground and whole civilisations are destroyed all in the name of conquest?Click over to the pages below for more.
Mechs & Mercs Featurette Trailer 2
A devastating war has torn the galaxy apart. Dozens of planets and star systems have declared independence or forged new alliances, while governments fall and warlords rise to power. Chaos and corruption are everywhere and so to maintain order and negotiate peace between the ruling factions, private mercenary armies are called to action.
You are commander of the Black Talons company, currently stationed in the Oberon system. After a fierce campaign, the military Tzanar Union has overrun the planet of Genai and blocked all departure from the system: leaving you and the Black Talons stranded. The only means of escape is to help the Genai forces repel the invading army and recapture the planet.
Features of Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons
- Extensive campaign mode where the actions of the player have a direct impact on the local system’s balance of power
- Persistent and fully customizable squads
- Various unit classes with specialized roles and their own distinctive set of weapons, abilities and skill trees
- 5 worlds with differing environments and weather conditions that directly affect battle
- Powerful mechs can enter the battlefield and turn the tide of combat
- Customize and upgrade your base with weapons and infrastructure that will boost squad numbers, teleport soldiers or even bombard the battlefield
- Faction relations influence a player’s progress throughout the game: either by giving access to unique units or interfering with missions
Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons (add to watch list)
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launches October 14
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 5 comments
Gearbox Software and Aspyr Media have officially announced a Mac version of the upcoming Borderlands 2: The Pre-Sequel. Scheduled to launch on October 14, a simultaneous release with the Windows version, the game gives players the chance to discover the story behind the villainous Handsome Jack in an adventure on the moon. A Mac App Store version of the game is also in development and is scheduled to release October 16.
“Bringing the next installment in this vaunted series to Mac and Linux users the same day as Windows PC users has been a goal for us from the beginning,” said Aspyr Media’s Vice President of Publishing, Elizabeth Howard. “Luckily we have a great development team and fantastic partners in 2K Games and Gearbox Software.”Follow the links below for more information.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Gameplay Vids
Shoot ‘n’ loot your way to the Moon!
Discover the story behind Borderlands 2 villain, Handsome Jack, and his rise to power. Taking place between the original Borderlands and Borderlands 2, the Pre-Sequel gives you a whole lotta new gameplay featuring the genre blending fusion of shooter and RPG mechanics that players have come to love.
Float through the air with each low gravity jump while taking enemies down from above using new ice and laser weapons. Catch-a-ride and explore the lunar landscape with new vehicles allowing for more levels of destructive mayhem.
BRING MAYHEM TO THE MOONMinimum System Requirements:
- Feel the moon’s low gravity with every jump and stomp.
- Cause mayhem with new weapons equipped with ice and laser capabilities!
- New enemies offer a space-based twist!
THE RISE OF HANDSOME JACK
- Witness Handsome Jack’s rise to power.
- Dive deep into the origins of iconic Borderlands villains.
- Turn the tables and experience Handsome Jack’s side of the story.
A NEW CLASS OF ANTIHEROES
- Play as one of four new character classes, including Wilhelm the Enforcer, Nisha the Lawbringer, and Athena the Gladiator.
- Play as a combat-ready Claptrap prototype for the first-time!
- Experience the gray morality of working alongside Handsome Jack.
We’ve just opened pre-orders on GameAgent.com (Mac and Linux), so be sure to head over to secure your copy today. All pre-orders include free access to the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit DLC. Plus, we’ve cooked up a little something special for our members in the form of a pre-order discount! Just login to see the member-exclusive note on the game’s product pages.
- Operating System: 10.9.4 (Mavericks)
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: X GB
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 2600
- Video Card (NVIDIA): GeForce 8800
- Video Card (Intel): HD3000
- Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
Gamepad support: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel supports the Playstation 4 Dualshock 4, the Playstation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controllers and the Xbox 360 for Windows wired controller
NOTICE: The following video chipsets are unsupported by Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel:
- ATI RADEON X1000 Series
- ATI RADEON HD 2400
- NVIDIA 8600m
- NVIDIA 9400m, 9600m
- Intel Integrated GMA 950
- Intel Integrated x3100
NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
NOTICE: Internet connection and acceptance of Steam™ Subscriber Agreement required for activation. See www.steampowered.com/agreement for details.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for Mac and Linux will offer full feature parity with the Windows PC version, including cross-platform multiplayer and SHiFT Support. Plus, Aspyr will be supporting all future DLC releases.
A Mac App Store version is also in the works and is currently scheduled to launch on October 16.
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (add to watch list)
Interstellar Marines NeuroGen Incident Mission Unveiled
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Zero Point Software has released The NeuroGen Incident, the first co-op mission for its upcoming old school tactical FPS, Interstellar Marines. Currently a Steam Early Access title, Interstellar Marines was inspired by titles such as Half-Life, System Shock 2, and Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield. In the game players take the role of an elite soldier hand picked for a top secret military program to defend mankind from dangers outside our solar system.
The NeuroGen IncidentHead over to the pages below for more information.
The NeuroGen Incident Details
After four months of hard work, today we are massively proud to announce that our very first full co-op experience has been released!
Interstellar Marines is a game built on the promise of awesome co-op, and The NeuroGen Incident is the first time we've unleashed the full power of our co-op experience. Built in a level 6 times the size of our largest multiplayer map, The NeuroGen Incident allows you to play through one of the pivotal stories in the development of the Interstellar Marines program.
With difficulty levels ranging from Easy all the way to the legendary Interstellar Marines, The NeuroGen Incident can be played through multiple times with a different experience and path every game. You and your co-op friends will be fighting intelligent enemies, in different areas with divergent paths to success each time you fire up Interstellar Marines! We've even added several new Steam achievements for you to achieve during the fight.
Interstellar Marines resurrects the old school tactical FPS, offering a unique blend of co-op, role-playing and non-linear gameplay. Set in a believable future, you take on the role of an elite soldier handpicked to join Project IM, a top secret military program being assembled to protect mankind from all dangers outside our solar system.
Interstellar Marines is inspired by Half-Life, System Shock 2 and Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. Our game is all about evolving the FPS recipe with all the inspirations we've assimilated since the birth of the genre. Our goal is an evolutionary leap forward driven by our compulsive interest in science fiction, role-playing, military realism, and respect for first person immersion.
Features Currently Available:
Vision of Interstellar Marines:
- Massive singleplayer and co-op level titled The NeuroGen Incident with sandbox gameplay, randomised locations and multiple difficulty levels.
- 8 unique indoor and outdoor maps featuring dynamic environment configurations such as time of day, rain, thunder and lightning, emergency lighting, fire alarms, movable platforms etc.
- 100% dynamic lighting and real-time shadows as well as destructible light fixtures.
- Full-body first person character simulation (no more floating hands!) with a physics-based dynamic character controller.
- Advanced and intuitive crouch and cover system.
- Physically present combat helmet with futuristic HUD projected onto the inside of the visor glass and affected by light and rain.
- Deadlock game mode (5vs5 and 8vs8) in highly dynamic environments.
- Full spectator and movie mode with freecam, first and third person views. Record movies, livestream, and cast matches.
- Experience various maps and prototypes in “Playground” mode (singleplayer).
- Play on high capacity dedicated servers in the US, Europe, Australia, Russia and Brazil.
- Submachine Gun (CE6) and Assault Rifle (AR-3) with full-auto fire.
- Shoot from hip or look through the Red Dot scope for increased accuracy.
- Toggleable tactical flashlight for when it’s pitch black.
- Toggleable laser to assist your aim (no crosshairs)
- Smooth network play even on high latency connections with packet loss.
- Realistically simulated ragdolls with momentum transfer.
- Multiple Steam Achievements.
Roadmap (Near Future):
- First Person Simulation
A razor-sharp focus on creating a truly immersive First Person Simulator via distinct graphics, audio and gameplay.
- Tactical Co-op
The entire game experience designed from the ground up to support up to 4 players in co-op, with true cooperative interaction.
- Progressive Role-Playing
Flat and classless progressive character development and skill system that is not dumbed down for consoles.
- Nonlinear Game Design
Open and dynamic game world that always presents a multitude of tactical options for navigating the environment.
- Customizable Arsenal
A comprehensive selection of weapon models and types, extension upgrades and equipment options, allowing on-the-fly choice in each tactical situation.
- Thinking AI
Enemies that react to input from you and the surrounding game world. We would rather have one smart thinking enemy than five stupid ones.
- Believable Science Fiction
Realistic and rich sci-fi environments, ranging from claustrophobic space stations to large outdoor worlds.
- Interactive Storyline
A cinematic narrative centered around first contact with another sentient species, where your choices and actions will have consequences.
These are the features we are planning on adding fairly soon, and are in no particular order. Many of them have already been partially completed:
- Steam features (stats, achievements, friends).*
- Advanced character movement (sprint to be added).*
- Tactical gameplay (fatigue and adrenaline).*
- Co-op features (multiplayer).*
- Weapon features (rate-of-fire, extensions, reload types).
- Extend general game UI and HUD system.
- In-game profiles.*
- More weapon types and models.*
- New multiplayer maps.*
- Environment variations, theme and context.
- Shooting range (singleplayer).
- Developer Commentary mode.
- Oculus Rift support.
- Server / LAN support.*
- Artificial Intelligence (AI).*
*This is already partially completed and in Interstellar Marines
Interstellar Marines (add to watch list)
Outland Coming To Macs This Year
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Housemarque recently revealed that a Mac version of its recently released action platformer, Outland, will be available later this year. The game gives players the chance to wield the power of light and dark against the forces of chaos in a battle to save the entire world.
Outland is a fast-paced, dynamic platformer where the player uses powers of light and dark in an epic journey to save the world from forces of chaos.Check out the links below to learn more.
Outland Co-Op Multiplayer Trailer
In-between Balance and Chaos stands one man, whose efforts will either bridge the ancient divide or doom the world to destruction. Outland is an ambitious 2D-platformer with a beautiful visual style and a unique, polarity-switching gameplay system. Your adventure will
Outland (add to watch list)
Metrocide Video Walkthrough Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Flat Earth Games has released a new video walkthrough for its upcoming "relentless arcade stealth-shooter," Metrocide. Scheduled for a mid-October launch, the game puts players in the role of T.J. Trench, a contract killer seeking to escape a cyberpunk dystopian city one assassination at a time.
In Metrocide, players take on the role of T.J. Trench, a notorious contract killer in a cyberpunk dystopia, who must buy transit out of the city one assassination at a time.For more, click on the links below.
Metrocide Video Walkthrough
Players can weild a variety of weapons and tools to push their way through this fast-paced arcade stealth-shooter - utilising everything from traditional rifles and blasters to EMP Bombs and Holo-lures, ditching bodies as they go. Ever-present is a nightmarish fleet of cop drones, lurking above the skyscrapers and ready to pounce the second Trench's cover is blown.
With escalating difficulty, multiple game modes and perma-death, Metrocide will push players to balance reflexes and tactics in a city where everyone wants you dead.
About Flat Earth Games:
Flat Earth Games was founded in early 2012 by brothers Rohan and Leigh Harris, with a partnership with Epiphany Games to co-develop their first title: TownCraft, a game which combined crafting with city-building in a medieval setting, currently available for iOS and Mac. TownCraft went on to be a local success, and the brothers continue to create original games for various platforms which aim squarely at bringing their love of 90s gaming into modern titles.
Metrocide (add to watch list)
Spacecom Docks At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Spacecom from 11 bit studios is now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The star fleet command game has a heavy focus on multiplayer and favors those with a grasp of tactics and strategy. Spacecom allows up to six players per campaign.
SPACECOM – a strategic-to-the-bone, starfleet command game in which deception, smart movement, and choices to battle decide victory or defeat. Spacecom is available now for $14.99 (USD).
Spacecom (add to watch list)
No coincidence, no luck. Spacecom pushes your ability to strategize with a focus on real-time tactics and planning. Use proven maneuvers learned from military legends or devise your own plans.
Test your wits in single player campaign, go head-to-head with up to 5 opponents in multiplayer or experiment with new strategies in AI skirmish mode. Most of all, you'll need a bright mind, cunning, and sound tactics.
When the war begins, leave the little things behind and dive into austere soundscapes as you immerse yourself in starfleet command. From now on, what matters is your grasp of tactics and strategy, not how fast you can click. Spacecom is about creativity in planning, not complexity of game mechanics.
- Single player campaign that will test your wit in diverse tactical puzzles
- Tense multiplayer - dominate up to 5 players per map
- No coincidence, no luck. What matters is good planning and successful execution
- Sound designed specifically to trigger strategic thinking
- Minimalistic visual design inspired by military technology
- Created to exalt smart thinking over fast clicking
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 2.2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 300 MB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
Save The Day In Firefighters 2014
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Firefighters 2014 from N3V Games is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The firefighter simulation gives players the chance to immerse themselves in the day to day operations of a fire department with events such as traffic accidents, urban fires, rural fires, and subway derailments.
House fires, traffic accidents and large-scale emergencies: Experience the day-to-day life of the fire department in “Firefighters 2014 – The Simulation Game”!Firefighters 2014 is available now for $19.99 (USD).
Firefighters 2014 (add to watch list)
Finally, what firefighter simulation fans have been waiting on for a long time – play and immerse yourself in the daily operations of a fire department: traffic accidents on the highway, fires in the city and in the countryside, subway derailments and much more.
Your squad members head out with you on your daily operations, putting out fires and helping you in dangerous situations. The new inventory system offers better control with easier handling.
A dynamic backdrop with streets and squares filled with people and traffic. Cars swerve out of the way when you’re out on emergency operations and guarantee a quick arrival at the scene, no matter if it’s the fire truck, the turntable ladder vehicle or the ambulance. Don the uniform and face the danger!
- The long-awaited arrival for fans of firefighter simulations: Experience the day-to-day life of the fire department
- Exciting missions: house fire, traffic accident, subway derailment, flooded basement, barn fire and much more
- Your squad goes on operations with you, putting out fires and helping the injured
- Put out fires, cut people out of car wrecks, shore up houses, pump out basements, use hydrants, rescue the injured
- City, industrial area, beltway, rural area with village and forest landscape
- Drive fire trucks, turntable ladder vehicles, ambulances, swap-body trucks and the auxiliary fire tender
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 2.4 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 956 MB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
Buy Firefighters 2014
IGT Slots Aztec Temple Brings New Themes To Gambling
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Encore Software's IGT Slots Aztec Temple is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The slot machine simulator features four new machines to enjoy: Aztec Temple, Secrets of Stonehenge, Double Diamond Free Games, and Lucky Lines.
IGT Slots Aztec Temple is the latest premium slot experience available for your PC system. Featuring authentic casino slot machines from IGT - The World's Leading Slot Machine Manufacturer! Play Real Las Vegas SlotsIGT Slots Aztec Temple is available now for $4.99 (USD).
IGT Slots Aztec Temple (add to watch list)
Bring casino games into your home! Discover the ancient empires of Mexico with Aztec Temple. Plus, three more exciting themes! Amazing graphics and video bonus rounds make these exciting games addicting. Simulate the feeling of being in a real casino with true-to-life slots. IGT Slots Aztec Temple includes four machines:
- Aztec Temple
- Secrets of Stonehenge
- Double Diamond Free Games
- Lucky Lines
- Authentic casino replicated slots machines - actual slot sounds and graphics!
- True Casino payouts with extra payouts
- Video bonus machines offer interactive features and bonus rounds
- 6 denominations: 1c to $1.00!
- Single-line or multi-line wagers
- Up to 243 ways to win!
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 1 GHz Intel Mac
- 2 GB HD Space
- 128 MB VRAM
Buy IGT Slots Aztec Temple
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Monday, September 29, 2014
Friday, September 26, 2014
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.