Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall Of The Samurai Coming This Fall
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has announced that the historical strategy game Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai will be released for Mac this Fall. Developed by Creative Assembly and published by SEGA for Windows, Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai is the standalone expansion pack for Total War: SHOGUN 2, brought to the Mac by Feral earlier this year.
“In Fall of the Samurai, players will need ingenuity, skill and daring to ensure their battlefield tactics keep up with fast-advancing military technology," said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. "It's the same exacting challenge that faced real life commanders in the second half of the 19th Century.”Pricing, system requirements and a minisite dedicated to Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai for the Mac will be revealed closer to the release date. Check out a trailer for the game at the link below.
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall Of The Samurai Trailer
It is 1864 and Japan is under intense western pressure to open itself to foreign trade, heightening tensions between the isolationist Imperial forces and those loyal to the more outward-looking shogunate. Players will choose a side and deploy their mastery of real-time battle tactics and turn-based campaign strategy as all around them Japan hurtles into the modern age, a time of urgent political reform, dramatic social changes and rapid industrialization.
As they take advantage of Japan’s growing rail network and drive research into civil development and military technology, players must deal with unrest among a deeply traditional population. On the battlefield, the advent of mechanized warfare pits Gatling guns against hand-forged steel katanas, while at sea, iron-sided vessels fire torpedoes and bombard the coast with powerful artillery to destroy wooden settlements, farms, and even armies.
TW: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai (add to watch list)
Warlock 2, Wrath Of The Nagas, And Spell Pack Released
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Paradox Interactive and InoCo have announced the release of Warlock 2: The Exiled for Mac, as well as the just launched Wrath of the Nagas expansion and Spectacular Spell Pack DLC. The fantasy turn-based strategy game challenges players to build a mighty army and wield spells and blades to defeat The United One and his four Vicars. Wrath of the Nagas pits players against the monstrous forces of the fearsome Nagas. The Spectacular Spell Pack combines five smaller spell packs, each with its own theme.
Warlock 2: The ExiledWarlock 2: The Exiled is available now for $19.99 (USD), Wrath of the Nagas costs $14.99 (USD), and the Spectacular Spell Pack can be purchased for $4.99 (USD).
Warlock 2: The Exiled Trailer
The worlds have been shattered, and you have been exiled to one of these shards. The time has come to return to Ardania and seek vengeance on those who cast you out. Battle through the fractured realms inhabited by other exiles, hostile Mages and terrifying creatures. Once back in Ardania you will face your greatest threat: The United One and his four Vicars. Conquer all who oppose you, reclaim your home and take your revenge.
Warlock 2 is a turn-based strategy game of fantasy warfare. Rival against Great Mages, lead mighty armies into fierce battles, wield ancient magic and faith as your weapons.
Experience the challenge in single or multiplayer. Play the new "The Exiled" mode or enjoy the game in the Sandbox mode.
Wrath of the Nagas
- A fantasy wargame like no other – A diplomatic victory is not an option, you cannot relax until your enemies lie crushed under the might of your strategic brilliance! The turn-based hex maps gives you time to ponder your next move and your weapons are the vast armies that relentlessly march to conquer all that oppose you.
- You are the Great mage – Select who you are from a roster of over a dozen Great Mages, all with different abilities and spells, and choose which people you command on your path to victory. If no Great Mage suits your taste you can even custom build your own from scratch.
- Proudly wield your magical power – Not only a superb battlefield commander, your immense magical powers will also aid you in your conquest. Carefully research over 170 spells and choose what to specialize in, from direct attack spells to terraforming, or maybe align yourself to one of the Gods to harness their powerful blessings. With time, you are even capable of customizing each spell using powerful glyphs.
- Diverse worlds requires different approaches – The several different and randomly generated maps all have their unique challenges and opposition to defeat. Use the terrain to your advantage!
- Different campaigns – Choose from either engaging your foes on a grand map in the sandbox game mode or the path of the Exiled, a revenge tale full of twists and turns, where you strike back at those who banished you from the world of Ardania.
- Raise armies – The people you lead and conquer all bring their unique units to your command. Choose if you want to field a stalwart Human army, command the Undead hordes, use the mysterious Planestriders, or mix and match them all plus others to your delight. There are a total of six different races to pick from, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Hire heroes – When your reputation grows, random heroes will be attracted to your cause, bringing with them their own special flavor to add to battles. Equip them with legendary artifacts, found or crafted, and make them your battlefield commanders.
Wrath of the Nagas is the first expansion for Warlock 2 and with it developer InoCo introduces the greatest threat Ardania has ever seen.
Lurking on the fringes of our world for centuries. Waiting for an opportunity to strike, invade and conquer. The Nagas have returned!
Aided by ancient beings not seen in Ardania since the age of the Great Kings such as gorgons and harpies, they seek to blacken the skies, poison our lands and wipe out all trace of human existence!
Will you fight the tidal wave of death and destruction or will you be consumed by it?
- The “A clear threat” campaign: Battle Naga threat on the shards of the broken worlds. Find and destroy them before their waters engulf everything
- The Naga race: A new unique race that builds the majority of their buildings on water and have amphibious units.
- New Great mages: The mighty gorgon Sfeno & the Naga general Rhin-gaa-rook are playable as leaders for the Naga race.
- Two new lords: The swift Ace Harpy and the powerful Secret Physician can be chosen as starting perks or encountered in game.
Spectacular Spell Pack
This extensive spell pack contains 5 smaller spell packs, eached themed around something.
- The "Mind Games" pack contain three new spells that deals with controlling your empires happines and cities: Propaganda, Information Warfare, and Auto-Suggestion. The "Propaganda" spell can be acquired at the start of the game when you create your Great Mage. The other two can be researched or found in a monster lair.
- The "Heritage of the Dremers" pack contains three new spells related to, as the name suggests, the horrid Dremers: Summon of Evil, Curse of Evil, and Falling Sky.
- The ""Summon of Evil"" spell can be acquired at the start of the game when you create your Great Mage. The other two can be researched or found in a monster lair.
- The "Elementary, My Dear" pack contains three new elemental spells Spit of Fire, Ice Meteor, and Shocking Staff.
- The spell "Shocking Staff" can be acquired at the start of the game when you create your Great Mage. The other two can be researched or found in a monster lair.
- The "Boons of Death" contain three new spells that uses the power of death and the undead: Rise of the Dead, Doom, and Inevitability.
- The spell ""Rise of the Dead"" can be acquired at the start of the game when you create your Great Mage. The other two can be researched or found in a monster lair."
- The "Chants of Light" is based around life and the godess Agrella: Call of Suzerain, Summon Treewarden, and Holy Ring.
- The spell ""Call of Suzerain"" can be acquired at the start of the game when you create your Great Mage. The other two can be researched or found in a monster lair.
- Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- 2.6 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- AMD Radeon HD 6630M
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
- Intel HD Graphics
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
- Wrath of the Nagas and Spectacular Spell Pack require Warlock 2: The Exiled to play
Warlock 2: Wrath Of The Nagas Trailer
Paradox Interactive (add to watch list)
Warlock 2: The Exiled (add to watch list)
Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas (add to watch list)
Warlock 2: Spectacular Spell Pack (add to watch list)
Buy Warlock 2: The Exiled
Buy Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
Buy Warlock 2: Spectacular Spell Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Hits Macs This Fall
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Aspyr Media, in partnership with 2K and Firaxis Games, has announced that Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will be launching on Steam for both Mac and Linux and on Apple’s Mac App Store this holiday season. The Mac and Linux versions will retain the same features and gameplay as the Windows PC version, while also offering cross-platform multiplayer via Steam. The new science fiction-themed entry in the award-winning Civilization franchise will send players on an expedition from Earth to explore and colonize an alien planet in the hope of creating a new civilization.
“The teams from Firaxis and 2K have done an astounding job of expanding on the core Civ experience in Beyond Earth,” said Aspyr Media’s Vice President of Publishing, Elizabeth Howard. “So, it’s exciting for us to be able to bring the same experience to Mac and Linux users everywhere.”More information about Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth for Mac and Linux will be available in the days ahead.
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mac/Linux FAQ
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will propel the development of human civilization beyond the traditional timeline of a Civilization game, by exploring humanity’s future on an alien world. For the first time, players will lead factions divided by contrasting cultures and evolve their new civilizations to reflect their chosen destiny. Players will experience an array of new gameplay possibilities, including nonlinear technological progression, deeper customization of chosen factions, and an entire alien world that will change the very identity of each faction based on their choices.
Key features of Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth include:
Mac and Linux users may pre-order a Steam code for the title at Aspyr’s online store GameAgent.com. All GameAgent pre-orders will include the Exoplanets Map Pack as a free bonus.
- Seed the Adventure: Players will establish a cultural identity, select a leader and sponsor an expedition by assembling the spacecraft, cargo and colonists through a series of choices that directly impact starting conditions when arriving on the new alien planet.
- Alien World: Exploring the benefits and dangers of a new planet filled with dangerous terrain, mystical resources and hostile lifeforms unlike those of Earth, players will build outposts, unearth ancient alien relics, tame new forms of life, develop flourishing cities and establish trade routes to create prosperity for their people.
- New Technology Web: Reflecting forward progress in an uncertain future, technology advancement will occur through a series of nonlinear choices that affect the development of mankind. The tech web is organized around three broad themes, each with a distinct victory condition.
- New Quest System: Quests are infused with fiction about the planet, and will help guide players through a series of side missions that will aid in the collection of resources, upgrading units, and advancing through the game.
- New Orbital Layer: Players will build and deploy advanced military, economic and scientific satellites that provide strategic offensive, defensive and support capabilities from orbit.
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth (add to watch list)
Jagged Alliance: Flashback Officially Live
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
bitComposer and Full Control's Jagged Aliance: Flashback is now "officially live" and is available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. Flashback is a reboot of the classic Jagged Alliance turn-based tactical action series. Like its predecessors, the game will put players in control of a squad of mercenaries and give them the chance to manage their activities both on and off the field of battle.
We are proud to announce that we have finally left the confines of development. Most of you have been actively supporting our project - some even from day one. We really appreciate all of the feedback, suggestions and bug reports we received, as it ultimately made Jagged Alliance: Flashback what is today. Jagged Alliance: Flashback is available now for $23.99 (USD), 20% off the regular price.
Jagged Alliance: Flashback Trailer
From Kickstarter to Early Access and finally to launch – we want to thank the supporters, the fans, the veterans and most of all the backers who made this possible!
About Jagged Alliance
Jagged Alliance is back – and it is all about the unique mix of turn based tactics, fierce battles, squad management and crazy mercenary personalities.
It is 1988 on the caribbean island group of San Hermanos. Powerless against the military forces of “The Prince”, The leader is arrested and the insurgents quickly dissolve. Arriving on the island, the player’s mission is to help the rebellion before things take a turn for the worse.
Take control of your own band of mercenaries, lead them into battle and manage your resources wisely. Fight back for freedom, sector by sector, turn by turn. Like the original Jagged Alliance series, Jagged Alliance Flashback gives you the choice to use your preferred tactics and build your squad around it – rush in with heavy armed troops or take the high road of distance shots and sniping.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 1 GB HD Space
- 2 GB VRAM
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
Jagged Alliance: Flashback (add to watch list)
Buy Jagged Alliance: Flashback
Door Kickers Leaves Early Access Behind
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
KillHouse Games' Door Kickers has left Early Access and is available to purchase at Mac Game Store. Featuring a top down perspective Door Kickers puts the players in charge of planning routes, choosing equipment, coordinating movements, and executing the plan to save the hostages.
Door Kickers moves on from Early Access. Door Kickers is available now for $19.99 (USD).
Door Kickers Trailer
For those that actually play each version, what’s new? The Campaign is IN. You have 3 campaigns now, with more to come! We’ve also changed the way Single Missions count now - troopers deaths are no longer saved in those. Think of Single Missions as your proving ground, where you try to beat your own performance, and campaigns as your real job - do the objectives and keep the troopers alive. Can you handle that? Maybe also in Iron Man Mode?
Another new and long in-coming feature are multi-layer maps. You can go up and down, exploring some new and old locations in a new way.
There’s also a new scenario type - Dope Raid - which tasks you not only with securing the suspects, but also capturing evidence before it gets trashed. And it will get trashed, unless you move swift and to the point.
And no, you cannot shoot everyone.
One last thing… this version will reset all your stats and mission completion. So why are you still reading this, get back to 3-staring everything!
What else is New or Changed since last version of Door Kickers:
- Random killhouse generator + over 90 new random house layouts.
- Over 50 new maps (in campaign, single and random combined).
- New door types: grating doors / padlocked doors.
- New item: Bolt Cutter. Useful for cutting down padlocks.
- New item: Breaching Kit
- Silenced handguns. You asked for them, you got them.
- Can copy/paste/default equipment for each class.
- Improved loading time.
- Enemies start with their weapons lowered, until alerted.
- New music.
- Loading screens with tips&tricks. Can be disabled in options menu.
- Improved path-editing when multiple paths are over-imposed: press SHIFT for locking on a single path.
- Added stretch-to-fit video option (for monitors that are not 16:9).
- Separate volume option for for ambient sounds.
- Improved weapon/trooper stats to better account for their performances.
- Added "reset progress" option.
- Countless other small changes, tweaks and overall improvements.
About Door Kickers
- Fixed items showing up randomly on random maps. Really.
- Fixed uppercase letters not working on OSX.
- Fixed wall shadows showing up in editor.
- Global statistics are no longer incremented when watching replays.
- Fixed stars not adding after finishing new maps.
- A bug where troopers could go through doors without opening them.
- Right-click menus outside of screen bounds.
- Tazer sometimes not shooting.
- Sniper now kills all enemy types with one shot.
- Sometimes exporting replays to video without sound.
- Ambient sounds playing at full volume no matter of you location in the map.
- Troopers stuck with playing the "use hidden camera" animation all the time.
- Grenade trajectory looking OK but grenade hitting wall.
- Sounds sometimes getting cut while in a very busy scene.
- Removed single plan / single trooper challenges from maps where it couldn't be done.
- Breaching/opening doors when behind walls.
Modding / Structure changes:
- FOV can be modified per weapon/item.
- Challenges are now configurable for each map.
- Can publish new maps to Steam Workshop directly from the editor.
- Equipment.xml is now split into 4 different xmls (items, pistols, rifles, shotguns).
- Can now update mods if you have more than 50 published mods (special dedication to RedPanda for giving us extra work to do).
- Can now modify/add new portraits (data/config/user_list.xml can be modified/added to by using filesystem_mount.xml).
Door Kickers is an innovative realtime strategy game that puts you in charge of a SWAT team and lets you command them during a tactical intervention.
Analyze the situation, plan team routes, choose equipment and breach points and coordinate multiple troopers to reach the hostage room before the bad guys get to press that trigger.
It may sound daunting, and like real world CQB combat, it sure is. But most levels can be completed in minutes and on the fly improvisation works. Achieving the perfect planning, getting the mission done with no false steps, that’s a skill harder to master.
- 2D, Top Down for optimal tactical analysis
- Real Time With Free Pause
- No turns, no hexes, no action points or awkward interfaces
- Realistic but action packed
- Non-linear levels, freeform gameplay
- Mission editor and modability
- Unlimited gameplay via mission generator and level editor
- Single Player (but MP might come later)
- Read more about the game at http://www.doorkickersgame.com
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2.6 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
- 500 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
- Any NVIDIA
- Intel GMA X3100
Door Kickers (add to watch list)
Buy Door Kickers
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, October 20, 2014
Friday, October 17, 2014
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.