Experience The Punic Wars In Ancient Battles: Hannibal
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Ancient Battle: Hannibal from Hunted Cow Studios Ltd is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The strategy war game includes multiple campaigns that allow players to fight the battles of the Second Punic War between Carthage and Rome.
Ancient Battle: Hannibal is the newest edition to the Ancient Battles series. Experience the magnificence of the Punic Wars, as you follow Hannibal on his crucial campaign against Rome. Based upon, and a major upgrade to, the game system developed for Ancient Battle: Rome, a game that was the No.1 strategy game on the App Store in 8 different countries. Ancient Battle: Hannibal introduces many new game features including multi-level hills to elevate your strategic opportunities when commanding vast armies. Ancient Battle: Alexander is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Ancient Battle: Hannibal (add to watch list)
Fight the battles of the Second Punic War between Carthage and Rome. Each campaign is themed around battles between Hannibal's armies and their cunning opponents in the four geographical regions of Italy, Spain, Sicily and Africa. Hannibal's inspired tactics and leadership made him one of Rome's most dangerous enemies and possibly the greatest general of all time. Can you match his achievements on the battlefield?
- High Definition Ancient Era Graphics.
- 7 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign ending with a unique skirmish battle.
- 4 Mission 'Sicily' campaign, featuring battles from the First Punic War, including the battle of Bagradas.
- 8 Mission 'Italy' campaign featuring the decisive battles of Lake Trasimene and Cannae.
- 4 Mission 'Africa' campaign, featuring Hannibal's major defeat at the great battle of ‘Zama’.
- 6 Mission 'Spain' campaign, ending the with battle of Ilipa.
- All missions, except the tutorial, can be played as both sides.
- 38 Unique Ancient units including Roman Hastati, Spanish Scutarii, Bolt Throwers and Elephants.
- Four classes of infantry: Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
- Detailed Combat Analysis.
- Flank Attacks
- Strategic Movement.
- Hours of Gameplay.
- Map Zoom.
Buy Ancient Battle: Hannibal
Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition 1.3.2053 Released
7:50 PM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Overhaul Games recently released version 1.3.2053 of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, with the Mac App Store version of the patch to reach players as soon as it is approved by Apple. The update offers over 200 bug fixes and improvements including adjustable font sizes and the introduction of a Quickloot feature.
A modified version of Bioware's fantasy role playing game set in the Forgotten Realms, BGEE features an enhanced version of the Infinity Engine, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, new adventures, new party members, and new character kits.
Crash FixesCheck out the link below for a detailed list of fixes and additions.
Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Patch 1.3.2053 Details
Features and Gameplay Enhancements
- Game no longer freezes when canceling an imported priest character
- Double-clicking a stack on ground slots no longer crashes the game
- Custom portraits larger than 1024x1024 no longer crash the game; instead, a message appears informing the
- user that the image is too big
- (Android) Returning to the game from sleep mode should no longer cause the game to close
- Added "Font Size" to Graphics Options (changing this during play will empty the combat log)
- Quickloot feature from BGII:EE has been implemented
- While viewing a mage's Spellbook screen, players can now switch to a priest character and the game will immediately switch to the Priest Spells screen (and vice versa)
- Spell scrolls that can be written into a spellbook for the current character now display a green-tinted overlay
- Non-friendly NPCs that are Blinded will no longer stand still; they will wander aimlessly until they are close enough to see someone worth attacking
- Phandalyn is now a Lawful Good Paladin
- Drizzt is now properly equipped with his scimitars, and has been recolored to match his description in the books
- All golems in the game now possess appropriate immunities to Poison, Charm, Hold, Fear, Sleep, and Backstab
- All crossbows now require the same strength as their non-magical counterparts
- Rogdok now grants 400 experience points when defeated
- Rasaad's bracers and boots are now only usable by Rasaad
- Neera's staff is now only usable by Neera
- Items can now be flagged as unusable by Half-Orcs
- Profsmax.2da "FIRST_LEVEL" value can now be set higher than 2 to let characters place more pips in a proficiency type at level 1
- Clswpbon.2da "GETS_PROF_APR" value can now be set to 1 to allow non-warrior classes and kits to benefit from APR bonuses
- Neutral Evil, Neutral Good, Lawful Neutral, and Chaotic Neutral no longer prevent usability by True Neutral characters
- Portrait.2da is now alphabetized for easier reference, and the "M" values for each portrait have been populated; Dorn's alternate portrait has been updated to use the Half-Orc portrait from BGII:EE
- Aldeth's quest no longer gets stuck in cutscene mode during multiplayer
- The tutorial now grants the player a weapon they can actually use (Exception: Clerics with Strength 3 cannot use any weapons)
- Systems with out of date graphics drivers should no longer see graphical distortions in the game's UI
(Android) Game no longer drains the battery when not in use
- Auto-Pause will no longer stop a random encounter area from appearing; instead, the area will appear before the pause takes effect
Beamdog (add to watch list)
Overhaul Games (add to watch list)
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (add to watch list)
Labor Day Sale Begins At Mac Game Store
7:32 PM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Save 25 to 75 percent off during Mac Game Store's Labor Day Weekend Sale. Save on a huge selection of Macintosh games during the weekend, including Batman Arkham City Game of the Year Edition, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and The Walking Dead: Season 2
Check out the links below for all the great deals
MGS: Labor Day Sale
Mac Game Store (add to watch list)
My Kingdom For The Princess 4 Begins Rescue Operations
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Realore Studios's My Kingdom for the Princess 4 is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The fantasy time management adventure puts players in the role of Prince Arthur, Head of the Royal Service for Rescuing Lost Princesses. Players must make their way through 5 kingdoms as they quest to rescue hapless princesses.
As Prince Arthur, Head of the Royal Service for Rescuing Lost Princesses, you must quest for lost princesses when you play My Kingdom for the Princess IV. In this time management feat, keep your wits about you and be prepared to face fierce, wily predators.My Kingdom for the Princess 4 is available now for $6.99 (USD).
My Kingdom For The Princess 4 (add to watch list)
Your service is in great demand. After all, a princess must be kidnapped by a dragon, taken by a giant gorilla, or bewitched by an evil sorcerer at least once in a lifetime. This keeps you plenty busy. With the help of your workers, you set up camps, build what you need, harvest, collect, and manage your resources.
- Make your quests through 5 different kingdoms in the sky.
- Enjoy the funny plot told through cinematic comics.
- Experience bonuses, enchanting music, and a trophy castle.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 1 GB RAM
- 304 MB HD Space
Buy My Kingdom For The Princess 4
Diablo III 2.1.0 Patch Released In The Americas
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment has announced the release of patch 2.1.0 in the Americas for its action RPG sequel, Diablo III. The update includes a host of bug fixes and content additions, including several all new features. Diablo III returns players to the world of Sanctuary where they must once again take up arms against the forces of hell.
Important: Please note that you will not be prompted to download patch 2.1.0 until the patch is live in your home region. If you are logging in from a European or Asian client, you will need to wait for this patch to release in that region before it can be installed. Additionally, if your home region is in the Americas, you will be unable to log into Europe or Asia using Global Play after patch 2.1.0 is live until those regions have also patched.Learn more at the page listed below.
Patch 2.1.0 Details
New Feature: Seasons
Please note that the first Diablo III Season will not begin until Friday, August 29.
Seasons are an optional, recurring game mode that offers players the opportunity to periodically start fresh, leveling Normal or Hardcore characters from scratch without gold, resources, items, or previously earned Paragon experience. Similar to the separation between Normal and Hardcore game modes, Seasonal characters will have their own shared stash and artisan progression as well. Any items, gold, artisan progression, or Paragon experience earned during a Season will be rolled over to a player's non-Seasonal characters once the Season concludes.
Seasons offer unique rewards and new challenges for players, including new Legendaries, an exclusive Transmogrification set only available to those who compete in each Season, and new achievements called Conquests. Progress within a given Season will be tracked in our new Leaderboard system.
New Feature: Greater Rifts
Formerly referred to as Tiered Rifts, Greater Rifts are a special type of timed Nephalem Rift. There are an infinite number of Greater Rift levels, and each Greater Rift level will be progressively more difficult than the last.
Completing a Greater Rift within its allotted time will allow players to progress to the next level (and if your time is exceptionally good, you may even skip multiple levels at once). Players can continue progressing through Greater Rift levels so along as they complete the Rift before its timer expires. Once a timer expires, players will reach the end of their current Greater Rift journey and their best results will be tracked in our new Leaderboard system.
New Feature: Leaderboards
With the addition of Seasons and Greater Rifts, we want to provide players with a way to measure their progress within each of those environments. To do so, we've created Leaderboards.
Leaderboards will track a variety of competitive player data including Greater Rifts clear times, Seasonal achievement point totals, and Seasonal Conquest completion ranking across several different game styles. Designed to be informative and detailed, Leaderboards will also allow you to compare your progress to that of players within your gameplay region, on your friends list, and in your clan roster.
New Feature: The Cesspools
In patch 2.1.0 and moving forward, players will now have a chance to spawn a new level environment while in a Nephalem Rift or Greater Rift: The Cesspools.
Originally designed as the sewers of Westmarch, we weren't quite able to include the Cesspools in the list of playable environments in Reaper of Souls by the time the expansion launched. Still, we loved the look and feel of this festering, dank underworld and have spent some time polishing it up for use in Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts. We hope you enjoy this new randomized landscape!
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
Diablo III (add to watch list)
Buy Diablo III
Pinball Wizards Vs The Walking Dead
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Zen Studios, Telltale Games, and Robert Kirkman have announced the release of a digital pinball table based on the first season of Telltale's The Walking Dead game. The table is available for Zen Pinball 2 and features choice driven gameplay and original story dialog from the game's cast.
It’s finally here! Today you can download the highly anticipated pinball table based on The Walking Dead by Telltale Games and Skybound for Zen Pinball 2!Check out the site below for more.
The Walking Dead Pinball Details
8/26 – PS4, PS3, and PS Vita!
8/27 – PC/Mac, Xbox 360, Xbox One
8/28 – Android, iOS
The game will tour locations from Clementine’s treehouse and Everett’s pharmacy in Macon, all the way down the tracks to the walker-infested streets of Savannah. The Walking Dead Pinball table will feature choice-driven gameplay across each of Season One’s five episodes, along with original story dialogue from the award-winning cast.
Scenarios include choosing who to save and who to leave behind in a walker attack, solving problems and keeping up morale within the group, searching for food and supplies, acquiring important tools, and navigating through the herd amidst an oncoming walker breach.
Telltale Games (add to watch list)
The Walking Dead Pinball Table (add to watch list)
A Rite From The Stars Alpha Demo Available
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
An IMG reader has informed us of a Kickstarter campaign to fund development of A Rite From The Stars, a 3D point & click adventure from Spanish developer Risin' Goat. In the game players will travel to the Mystical Island of Kaikala and help Kirm, a mute boy from the Makoa Tribe, leave his childhood behind and complete the tribe’s rite of passage. A playable alpha demo of the game is available.
A Rite from the Stars is a 3D Point & Click adventure set in a paradisiacal yet dangerous environment: The Mystical Island of Kaikala. Risin' Goat is hoping to gather at least $40,000 before the campaign ends on September 5. Click on the links below to learn more and download the demo.
Kickstarter: A Rite From The Stars
Kirm, a mute kid from the Makoa Tribe, must overcome a rite of passage in order to leave his childhood behind. In fact, he has been chosen by the stars to become a legend among his peers. So his rite will not be ordinary… and it will definitely not be easy. In order to complete his quest, he will have to master three paths…
...and a Final Trial.
- Pointing and clicking
- Three paths to complete in the order desired by the player
- A unique mechanic for every path
- Performance-based achievements
- Different endings
- More than two hours of original music
About the paths...
- Pixel hunts
- Pointless walks
- Boring inventory management (also known as "Use the stick in everything until it works")
Every path is different. The environment, the challenges and even the gameplay will feature an unique approach in each path. And you (the player) may choose how to complete them! For example, you can start with Wisdom, advance a little and then switch to Spirit... or Courage... or continue with Wisdom. You decide.
Wisdom is, of course, about the mind. Kirm will go through an ancient temple full of traps. In this path, Kirm will be able to pick up items and carry them within each temple room. However, there's no inventory, so he will only be able to carry one item at a time.
Courage is about the will. Kirm will have to get deep into Kaikala's jungle in order to reach The Beast's Cave, where his destiny awaits. In this path, Kirm will meet his power animal, a meerkat. The player will be able to control the two characters at the same time. Teamwork is essential!
Spirit is about the soul and its unknown ways. At some point, Kirm will gain the ability to enter into the spirit world, an alternative version of reality. He will have to use this power to reach the highest spot on the island: The Volcano's Crater. Once there, he will have to seek a revelation from the Heavens.
Kirm is our hero, a mute boy eager to become a man and a legend. He will have to demonstrate that he is braver, smarter and quicker than he seems. The trials that awaits him are not easy, but he will not be alone. Hoku, his guiding star, has descended upon Kaikala to light his paths.
The Makoa Tribe is led by three powerful masters. Each one will guide Kirm in a particular path. They are The Chieft, Ailani, Master of Wisdom; The Hunter, Kekoa, Master of Courage and Waha Nui, The Shaman, Master of Spirit. They will decide in the end, if Kirm is worthy of becoming, not only a member of the tribe, but a respected one.
A Rite From The Stars Mac OS X Demo
Take Up The Sword Of The Samurai Again
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Another retro-classic game title from Tommo, Sword of the Samurai is available now for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The game gives players the chance to return to ancient Japan for a role-playing, action-adventure simulation of combat, statesmanship, and intrigue.
Enter Japan in the Age of Warring States. At the center of this role-playing, action-adventure simulation of combat, statesmanship and intrigue, you are a samurai warrior struggling for Honor. More important than life itself, Honor is crucial to achieving your ultimate goal: unifying the country under your noble rule.Sword of the Samurai is available now for $5.99 (USD).
Sword Of The Samurai (add to watch list)
In Sword of the Samurai, you will be part of the culture of feudal Japan, and you must learn to live by its rules. To succeed as a samurai, you must think like the samurai. Learn when to leave your sword in its sheath, when to draw it - and what to do with it once it’s drawn. You will fight duels, lead troops on the battlefields, and defend your family against assassins and kidnappers. If you are courageous and honorable, you may advance to become the head of your clan, and warlord of your province. If you master diplomacy and generalship, and outmaneuver your rivals, you may even become Shogun - absolute ruler of Japan. But remember that in all cultures power corrupts - and those who seek absolute power don’t always play by the rules.
- Unite all 48 warring provinces in common allegiance to you, and earn the title of Shogun, military ruler of all Japan.
- Computer-controlled opponents make decisions based on your actions - and on the actions of other rival characters.
- Vindicate yourself in duels against rivals who would like nothing better than to diminish your Honor.
- Furious melee action against multiple warriors takes place in castles, villages and rice paddies.
- Real-time battles involving infantry, cavalry and muskets on battlefields that vary with every conflict.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 1 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
Buy Sword Of The Samurai
Project: Gorgon - Kickstarting A New Kind Of MMO
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
An IMG reader has informed us of a new Kickstarter campaign to fund the creation of Project: Gorgon, a new 3D fantasy MMORPG for Mac, Windows, and eventually Linux PCs. The game combines elements of both classic and modern MMOs and is designed for "players who want to explore a deep world with complex game systems and a tight-knit community that is friendly enough to actually chat while they group." An alpha version of Project: Gorgon is available to download now.
Emerging From An MMO Dark AgeThe Project: Gorgon Kickstarter is currently in progress and will be successful if $100,000 is gathered before the campaign ends on September 27.
"We already have plenty of MMOs," you may be thinking to yourself. "This is just another generic fantasy game. I've already played this."
No, you haven't. And unless you've been playing MMOs for over a decade, you may not even know what you're missing!
A decade ago, World of Warcraft came out and changed the MMO industry forever. It's an amazing game, and completely worthy of its success, but it had a nasty side effect on the MMO industry: other game companies saw the success this game had, and suddenly every business plan was to "be the next World of Warcraft." (I was there, making MMOs. It was a weird time.)
Each new MMO tried to copy as much of WoW as possible, assuming that was the secret to capturing the same audience. And now, a decade later, the term "MMO" is almost synonymous with this sort of directed MMO experience. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun experience! But it's only one possible kind of MMO.
If you've been playing MMOs for the better part of the last decade, you might be bored of them. You might naturally assume you'd seen everything there is to see in the genre. Fortunately for you, you couldn't be more wrong.
Go And Find Adventure
Originally, each new MMO found its own balance between the two extreme design ideas of "tight, directed game”, or “immersive, explorable world". After World of Warcraft, MMOs all seem to use the same answer. But we answer this basic dichotomy in a totally different way.
Project: Gorgon heavily rewards exploration. Go poke in corners and see what you find! Entire dungeons, hidden NPCs, all kinds of items, even entire skills and abilities... all waiting for you to discover.
Don't worry if that sounds intimidating! There'll be a solid tutorial, of course (and you can see an early version in the game right now). And to help get you started, we'll have "directed storylines" that are akin to classic MMO quest lines, and help tell the overarching story. But once you're comfortable, we hope you'll go exploring – because most of Project: Gorgon doesn't have signposts.
Immersive World Through Game Mechanics
When you play Project: Gorgon, we want you to feel like you're immersed in a whole new virtual world. Rather than try to manage this with just some pretty graphics and excessive backstory, though, we’ve designed the game with dozens of gameplay features that make you feel like you're really there, interacting with the world, such as:
And lots more subtle but very immersive stuff like that. These aren't the big features that make an MMO, but all of them combined make for a very unique world feel.
- If you're on fire, you can jump in a lake to put it out. That kind of real world touch can have a subtle effect on your strategies – especially when you’re fighting a fire mage!
- You can drop items on the ground, and other players can pick them up. What's so great about that? Imagine laying down a trail of literal (virtual) breadcrumbs to lure one of your friends into the woods.
- Shopkeepers really keep inventory, so you can buy the items other players sold them. Want to help out the newbies? Sell your cast-off uber weapons to the shopkeep in the newbie zone and watch them go to town.
- Each non-player character (NPC) you meet has their own goals and interests, and rewards players that choose to be their friend.
- You can inscribe messages on items, write books, even leave notes for other players. Make your name as an in-game poet, or just record your best kills on your sword.
Head over to the page below for more info about the game.
Kickstarter: Project Gorgon
Try Project Gorgon
Mac Gamer HQ Reviews Tomb Raider
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Mac Gamer HQ recently posted a new review of Tomb Raider from Feral Interactive. Developed by Crystal Dynamics and published by Square Enix for PC and consoles, Tomb Raider is the series reboot that tells the story of how a young woman becomes the extraordinary Lara Croft, Tomb Raider.
Square Enix took a brave decision to reboot Tomb Raider. Instead of continuing the theme of exploring exotic locations, a grittier story takes us back to a time when a younger Lara Croft is shipwrecked on Yamatai, an island close to Japan. When she wakes up, she finds herself trapped in a tribal cave and she escapes, only to find that her friends are scattered over the island inhabited by a cult. Although the game is focused on survival, there is a touch of exploration as Lara uncovers the mysteries of the island and its fascinating history.Check out the full review at the link below.
Mac Gamer HQ: Tomb Raider Review
As Lara explores the island and picks up items and completes quests, she picks up experience points, and with those, you can upgrade her skills. Gamers who prefer to fight it out for resources can upgrade her combat skills, and those players who like to explore their surroundings for resources can upgrade her survival skills. This customisability adds another layer to the gameplay, allowing you to play the game as you wish to.
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
Tomb Raider (add to watch list)
Buy Tomb Raider
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Monday, August 25, 2014
Friday, August 22, 2014
Thursday, August 21, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.