M-Audo Revolution 7.1 Feedback Thread, Part Deux!

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

#401 a2daj

a2daj

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3400 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 22 March 2004 - 01:35 AM

Everything seems to be working for me fine with Q3A unless I change the Revo samplerate to play at 48kHz.  Then everyone sounds like the Chipmunks.
Are you using Coax or Analog?
Dual 2.5 GHz G5-RADEON X800 -4 GB RAM-Revo 7.1
MBP 2.0GHz -Mobility RADEON X1600-2 GB RAM

#402 Amon CMB

Amon CMB

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 03:10 AM

Analog.

Quake 3's totally mute on the Rev 7.1.

#403 Amon CMB

Amon CMB

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:14 PM

The Revolution's now doing that thing again where half of the audio goes through the built-in speaker, other half through the Rev.

Changing the profiles does nothing.

No driver updates for nearly a year, now.

I'm switching to using the Mac's built-in audio output for my speakers until M-Audio fixes these problems....

#404 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:17 PM

The Revolution's now doing that thing again where half of the audio goes through the built-in speaker, other half through the Rev.

Changing the profiles does nothing.

No driver updates for nearly a year, now.

I'm switching to using the Mac's built-in audio output for my speakers until M-Audio fixes these problems....

That kinda sounds like my G5 without a Revo. When I wake the computer from sleep, my sound goes through both the analog and digital ports... so I have to go to Sound preferences and set it to the digital to avoid that. But at least one sound (first message from somebody in Adium) still wants to go through the analog sound... so I never hear it when I set the sound to digital.

Might not even be related... but I thought I'd mention it.
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#405 Amon CMB

Amon CMB

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:24 PM

In the past, the problem could be fixed on the Revolution by arbitrarily switching speaker profiles.

Now, it's still misbehaving.

Perhaps Apple and M-Audio both need to get their act together.

#406 a2daj

a2daj

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:40 PM

I still have yet to experience the switching sound ports issue.  The only issue I've had is that occasionally, the sound frequency gets switched to something too low and no audio will come out of the digital outputs.  Most of the time changing the sound out via the MIDI config app fixes the problem.  It happens so rare that it's not much of an issue.
Dual 2.5 GHz G5-RADEON X800 -4 GB RAM-Revo 7.1
MBP 2.0GHz -Mobility RADEON X1600-2 GB RAM

#407 skumancer

skumancer

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:05 AM

Any way to get M-Audio to release new drivers that work fully and correctly? I don't want to have problems with my Revo 7.1 when 10.4 gets here...

I hate when a developer abandons the comunity like this...the don't even mention anything about the card... :evil:

#408 Jac42

Jac42

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 11:15 AM

I'd have to say I'm happy with the support. I had a problem with the Revo and WOW, customer support  got back to me in 24 hrs and solved the problem. of course I'm one of the people who got the Creative card, so any support impresses me!
Jack...

#409 skumancer

skumancer

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 11:35 AM

Well I too had a Creative Sound Blaster...

Thing is, the Revo 7.1 drivers still have lots of bugs and sound gets cut out sometimes and after a while the speakers make more white noise than they should...thats what I want fixed

Ric

#410 Greg Grant

Greg Grant

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2526 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 09:20 PM

The Revo drivers seem to afflict people randomly as I havent' seen a pattern with problems. For my experience, the drivers are extremely stable, whether it be when I'm using the card for 5.1 mixing with the ASIO Drivers in Cubase or day to day use.

Are you experiencing the input resetting glitch?
the IMG audio guy...

#411 converted2truth

converted2truth

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 04:27 PM

What's the latest board revision?  Mine says revision 3 on the PCB...

that's alot of revisions... perhaps they've been working on fixing the actual board instead of hacking the drivers...
Mac Pro/2.66/2GB RAM/X1900/1.5TB & 250GB X partition/250GB XP partition/Dell 24" LCD
MBP CD2.0/2GB ram/100GB HD (20GB XP partition)/ATI X1600m