657 replies to this topic

#641 Xavier

Xavier

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:41 PM

I think there is a setting that enables the mouse in the options section. Otherwise you need to use the D pad and that just gets ugly.

I myself use a joystick, and every time I play it will just randomly jump around until I "calibrate" it by moving the Joy around in the Up, Down, Right, Left motions
Moof!

#642 kam

kam

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:07 PM

View PostXavier, on January 17th 2007, 05:41 PM, said:

I think there is a setting that enables the mouse in the options section. Otherwise you need to use the D pad and that just gets ugly.

I myself use a joystick, and every time I play it will just randomly jump around until I "calibrate" it by moving the Joy around in the Up, Down, Right, Left motions

yea i figured on my macbook pro the numpad and pressing the like 6 moves my ship up (i didn't figure out the rest) but with n umpad on the regular buttons don't work and i'd prefer a mouse.. do you know where the setting is to tell it to use the mouse i didn't see it....i know it's possible since my friend has set it up...

View Postkam, on January 17th 2007, 07:03 PM, said:

yea i figured on my macbook pro the numpad and pressing the like 6 moves my ship up (i didn't figure out the rest) but with n umpad on the regular buttons don't work and i'd prefer a mouse.. do you know where the setting is to tell it to use the mouse i didn't see it....i know it's possible since my friend has set it up...

i found the option haah i'm just blind and missed it.. Thanks for your help in getting this gem running guys!

#643 kam

kam

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:16 AM

View Postkam, on January 17th 2007, 07:07 PM, said:

i found the option haah i'm just blind and missed it.. Thanks for your help in getting this gem running guys!

hey i got it wrking but after awhile (maybge 45-60 min) it crashed ... is tht usual or is there a reason.. it just said the program crashed unexpectandly.

#644 owen-b

owen-b

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:16 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 16th 2007, 09:09 PM, said:

Just so you know, we treat abandonware the same as other warez at the IMG forums.  Please don't link to it even if only by name or encourage it's use on the forums.
How do you justify the discussion of this game then? It's fair to say that pretty much every single person discussing it here is running the downloaded data files. Not me, of course.

#645 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:18 PM

View Postowen-b, on January 19th 2007, 07:16 AM, said:

How do you justify the discussion of this game then?
Benefit of the doubt.

#646 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2462 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:47 AM

View Postowen-b, on January 18th 2007, 03:16 PM, said:

How do you justify the discussion of this game then? It's fair to say that pretty much every single person discussing it here is running the downloaded data files. Not me, of course.

I bought mine on eBay for over $50 dollars. The average price is probably higher now. But the longer the game is supported by the community the better a bargain it was.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#647 placy

placy

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:09 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on January 19th 2007, 11:47 AM, said:

I bought mine on eBay for over $50 dollars. The average price is probably higher now. But the longer the game is supported by the community the better a bargain it was.

And I bought several new copies a year ago for $15 each plus I already had the Game of the Year edition sitting around.

#648 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17422 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:54 AM

View PostTesseract, on January 18th 2007, 08:18 PM, said:

View Postowen-b, on January 18th 2007, 12:16 PM, said:

Benefit of the doubt.
Well said Tesseract.  We don't assume that everybody has pirated the games they discuss, we assume the opposite.  If you've stolen a game then shame on you, but we aren't going into your homes and search for contraband.  Where do we draw the line?  The only place we can: don't post links to warez or abandonwarez and don't encourage it's use here.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#649 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Verbal Windbag

• IMG Writers
  • 4227 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 02:04 PM

Hey, MTR--if you're still reading this, what's the status of FS2_Open?
Former Senior Hardware Editor
InsideMacGames.com

#650 Soulstorm

Soulstorm

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:56 AM

I have a new version of FS2_Open Launcher for OS X ready for some time now.

Get it here. I would appreciate any feedback.

#651 placy

placy

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:50 PM

A new Freespace 2 Total conversion  is probably going to be available for the Mac soon (stand alone too):

Beyond the Red Line (based on Battlestar Galactica):

http://www.game-ward.../downloads.html

The PC demo is out now...

#652 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:13 AM

score!

ive been keeping track of that mod on and off for a while now...

yes!
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#653 mtr

mtr

FreeSpace Upgrade Project

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:51 PM

(man do I hate it when I stop getting new post announcements all of a sudden  :()

Anyway, yeah the BtRL demo is out now.  But I'm sure that everyone knows that already, considering that the server ended up crashing twice under the load so far. :)  I hope that everyone enjoys it, the guys did a really good job on it.  I've been harping at everyone to make sure and support all of the supported operating systems, so it's great that these big mods are not only open to the idea, but are eager to help improve general support for the non-Windows versions.  With the Babylon 5 release, the big Wing Command Saga release earlier this year, now the Beyond the Red Line release, and the future Sadows of Lyat release, it's great fun.

FSO status... it's getting better. ;)  I'm working on some really nice stuff for the next release, 3.6.10, which should come out in June (hopefully).  There are many bugs fixes and other little things, but mainly some far improved memory usage and performance enhancements.  The memory requirements should nearly drop in half when compared to the current 3.6.9 release.  Some OpenGL compatibility issues have been worked out as well so hopefully it should be more compatible and run better on a greater range of hardware.  I also hope to work out that mouse sensitivity problem as well, since that really does piss people off (including me).

Another benefit, especially considering the BtRL release, is that we are going to be bringing the new FS2NetD code online with 3.6.10.  It will finally be fully Mac compatible, supporting PPC & Intel, as well as 32-bit and 64-bit systems properly.  64-bit support has previously been decent, but not 100%.  It will also bring back the PXO lobby, so you can go in and chat with people, drum up some people to play against and then jump right into the mission.  Should be a great help in finding people to play games with (which has always been something of a problem).

I'm going to start posting early test builds of the new networking code later this month, so be on the lookout for that.  I'll obviously need a lot of Mac testers involved so we can make sure to get it working as perfectly as possible.  Also with the 3.6.10 release, with Soulstorm's permission, I'd like to include his launcher with the release binaries and have it officially supported by the SCP.  I think it's high time that Mac users get a break on the configuration nightmare that exists with FSO at the moment. :)

#654 nagromme

nagromme

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:58 AM

Thanks for all the hard work, mtr et al! I never played FS2 itself, but am enjoying BtRL :)

#655 BifBologna

BifBologna

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:25 PM

Yes, thanks all your efforts, and for the update. I'm glad to hear that us PPC users will be able to use FS2NetD soon. Going into the multiplayer browser and lookin at the blank list makes me feel lonely  :(  When the time comes to do some testing, I'd be glad to help if I can, providing of course, that being a skilled pilot isn't required  ;)

Game On, Bif

#656 Soulstorm

Soulstorm

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:38 AM

mtr said:

Also with the 3.6.10 release, with Soulstorm's permission, I'd like to include his launcher with the release binaries and have it officially supported by the SCP. I think it's high time that Mac users get a break on the configuration nightmare that exists with FSO at the moment.

Of course! I will be glad to see my app distributed with the FS2_Open OS X binaries.

#657 Xavier

Xavier

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:25 AM

WoooO!

This is awesome news! I would be more than happy to give every test build a run, FS2netD is something I have been looking forward to for a long time
Moof!

#658 Who Knows?

Who Knows?

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:15 AM

Old topic I know, but does anyone know where I can download the latest binaries for the icculus.org source and NOT freespace open?  
Every one of tigitals link's is dead and leads to expired .mac pages.  

Or if not binaries anyone have a simple how-to on how to get the source from the icculus svn to compile on x.4.9-11.  I have the OpenAL framework built into the OS and the SDL framework downloaded but using make doesn't work and using XCode on the PB project file gives build errors even after I link to the new frameworks(even if I upgrade all targets to native).

I'm curious about comparing the binaries to fsport and fs open and I just want a straight port in-case of nostalgia.
This isn't the signature you're looking for.