• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 316 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

Heads up isometric RPG fans - Jeff Vogel's Avernum 3 is released for the Mac today (with an iPad version coming soon). There's a large, free, demo available.

For those who don't know, Jeff is a good friend of the Apple community, and has been releasing his indy RPGs for the Mac for 20+ years now. Avernum 3 is a remake- of a remake of Exile 3, but don't let that put you off. You can easily spend 100+ hours in a playthrough of an Avernum game.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#2 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:39 AM

I've got that game.  It's gigantic, I could spend a hundred hours on the demo which is merely huge.  Spiderweb games have great bang for the buck.  If you haven't tried one, you are really missing out.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#3 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 316 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

I don't think I finished the original Exile 3 first time around, but I have no excuses now.

I spent more time than I care to mention playing Exile & Exile II on a Quadra 610 back in the day (68040 power!), then the Infinity Engine games and Diablo II appeared, and that was that.

(Incidentally, I'd be interested to know if Jeff has plans to update his scenario editor (Blades of Exile/Avernum) to the v3 engine.)
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#4 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:54 PM

View Postnick68k, on 31 January 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

I don't think I finished the original Exile 3 first time around, but I have no excuses now.

I spent more time than I care to mention playing Exile & Exile II on a Quadra 610 back in the day (68040 power!), then the Infinity Engine games and Diablo II appeared, and that was that.

(Incidentally, I'd be interested to know if Jeff has plans to update his scenario editor (Blades of Exile/Avernum) to the v3 engine.)

BoA was a financial failure and its nowhere to be found on the redesigned site (which I don't like btw, I'm old and allowed to hate new things).

http://spiderwebsoft...roductsOld.html

I think it's fair to say he won't ever do another Blades game.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD