DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1790 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

Star Trek is an American media franchise based on the science fiction television series created by Gene Roddenberry. The first television series, simply called Star Trek and now referred to as "The Original Series", debuted in 1966 and aired for three seasons on the television network NBC. It followed the interstellar adventures of Captain James T. Kirk (William Shatner) and his crew aboard the starship USS Enterprise, a space exploration vessel, built by the United Federation of Planets in the twenty-third century. Others followed where nobody had gone before but not as good. There is no good space shows like then today.

"Wink wink nudge nudge. Say no more, say no more."
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#42 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8253 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

Okay, I just finished the last episode. The show managed to piss away any remaining goodwill I had for it in the second half of the season by piling on one increasingly stupid plot twist on the last one. I'll keep the detailed discussion in spoiler tags for anyone who really wants to be surprised by all the idiotic stunts the show pulled…

Spoiler

:angry:

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#43 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:00 PM

Cheer up mate, we gots S2 of The Orville coming down the pipe.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#44 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3944 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:40 AM

Man I want to click that spoiler... But hey, I might as well get some good out of that show and watch the last episodes..

I just watched them. I actually thought the last two episodes were a tiny tad better, so there's that.

But... god darn. I have no idea what those script writers were thinking.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#45 clocknova

clocknova

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:11 PM

I though it was the best Star Trek series yet produced.  An absolutely phenomenal first season.  Can't wait for season two.  To each his own.  I've read all the criticism, but I honestly cannot understand why anyone does not like it.  I was utterly enthralled from beginning to end, and couldn't care less what liberties they might have taken with cannon, so long as it served to tell a good story.  Then again, I've never been one to give a damn about tradition.  And I'm a huge fan of TNG, but I think DS9 was better.  And, yes, I really like The Orville.

For the record, I also thought that The Last Jedi was one of the best Star Wars movies yet.  Hatred for ST:D and SW:TLJ seem to correlate, so maybe it says something about the viewer.  Dunno.

Fortunately, there's something out there to please everyone.  I'm really looking forward to season 3 of The Expanse.
There they were, sitting in the van with all those dials, and the cat was dead.
-V. Marchetti, CIA

#46 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1790 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:41 AM

I’m sorry but once Star Trek reached the pinnacle of perfection with the 1967 “Trouble with Tribbles” episode all true fans fondly remember, it was all downhill from there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708480/

I’d rather watch cows being milked for hours on end than Star Trek. Live long and prosper nostalgia!
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#47 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

clocknova, it's not a bad show but it is terrible Star Trek. It would be an ok standalone gritty Sci-Fi show.

I'm not a Star Wars fan but I liked SW:TLJ. Saw some pew pew and swish swish, got a few laughs. A wild Laura Dern appeared. 8/10.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#48 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Steam Name:ipickert55
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 17 February 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

clocknova, it's not a bad show but it is terrible Star Trek. It would be an ok standalone gritty Sci-Fi show.

I'm not a Star Wars fan but I liked SW:TLJ. Saw some pew pew and swish swish, got a few laughs. A wild Laura Dern appeared. 8/10.

Oh do not get me STARTED on TLJ.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#49 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8253 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:28 PM

Okay, for the record, although it hasn't much to do with the topic of this thread, I really liked The Last Jedi. Not well enough to deem it the best Star Wars movie ever (it just dragged on too much in the middle part), but I thought it was great exactly for the reasons the orthodox Star Wars traditionalists seem to hate it for.

My issues with Discovery aren't primarily with its disregard of traditional Star Trek, even if that absolutely doesn't help. My biggest problem with it simply is the abysmal writing, from the conflict purely for conflict's sake, to the hair-raisingly stupid actions of the protagonists, and the simply idiotic series of twists in the second half of the season (as I already elaborated in my rant). This season of the show was so literally all over the place that it's obvious that the producers couldn't decide on what they wanted to do in this season and just tried to cram everything they had in mind into this 16 episodes.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#50 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8253 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:28 PM

I moved the primarily TLJ related posts the corresponding thread.

#51 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3944 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:17 AM

What, there are moderators on this site? Now I've seen everything...

And on topic; You guys have to give season 2 *really* good reviews, for me to see it. Of course, if they kill off Tilly and Burnham in the first episode, then I AM ON!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#52 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 19 February 2018 - 01:17 AM, said:

What, there are moderators on this site? Now I've seen everything...

As Admin of this site I would like to apologize to you and to the other members on behalf of my rogue moderator who without regard for the sanctity of this hallowed institution, lifted a finger to assist a member by properly organizing a thread.  He is new and still learning the ropes.  Please, we all must be patient with him, especially now that he will be writhing on the floor for the next week with his Agonizer glowing cherry red.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#53 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8253 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:59 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 19 February 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

Please, we all must be patient with him, especially now that he will be writhing on the floor for the next week with his Agonizer glowing cherry red.

Ouch.

#54 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

Do they make band-aids for the entire body?  This probably calls for one.

[edit] I just contacted Queen.  They have band-aids they are willing to share with you.

::rimshot::
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat