9 replies to this topic

#1 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

OK, I've gone and got myself addicted again, I can't set Fallout 4 down.  It becomes 3 hours after my bedtime and I'm still, "just this one more thing, then I'll knock off..."  Can't wait to pick it up again the next day ASAP.  I've joined the Minutemen and now I'm nation building from the ground up.  I just got to the point where I can assign a settler to start a supply line to my main workshop which really opens up the game as far as my settlers are concerned.  Those pathetic wretches are going to have it pretty good from now on.

I had my T-45b power armor stolen!  I had no idea that could happen!  Some fraking NPC walked off with it without a power core, but I found a frame early on in the game and had the common sense to save it.  Since then I've killed a couple of guys in power armor and swiped the armor off the frames for a combined full set, so now I have a frame with mixed T-51a and Raider armor.  Still works great, but I wish I had my own original armor back.  These days I either keep the power armor in the vault when I don't need it, or do a hard save every time I step out of it.  I wonder what else I'm unwittingly leaving my self open to.

Anyway, if you like a shooter RPG with lots of depth, detail and history, this is your game.  Get it on sale this Christmas!  Battle Cat recommended.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#2 Atticus

Atticus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

Wat? I thought if you removed the power core no one could steal it? I have collection of about 15 suits in Sanctuary for no particular reason, and they have remained unstolen....
"I'm standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me."

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:52 PM

I hate people like you.  You haven't been in the struggle, living your lives of Settler Privilege you use a silver spoon to pry all the other silver spoons out of your mouth.  I'm mad as hell and won't take it any more.  CAT LIES MATTER!!  All 9 of them.  Well... plus a few others over the centuries that I've stolen.  Now go wring the gravy out of orphans you awful person you.  And finally to quote a tourist in No One Lives Forever, "I spit on your monkey!"
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2111 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

U need to go outside for a bit bro. I think you've been looking at the cathode ray a bit too long.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#5 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6145 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:18 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 22 December 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

OK, I've gone and got myself addicted again, I can't set Fallout 4 down.  It becomes 3 hours after my bedtime and I'm still, "just this one more thing, then I'll knock off..."  Can't wait to pick it up again the next day ASAP.  I've joined the Minutemen and now I'm nation building from the ground up.  I just got to the point where I can assign a settler to start a supply line to my main workshop which really opens up the game as far as my settlers are concerned.  Those pathetic wretches are going to have it pretty good from now on.

I had my T-45b power armor stolen!  I had no idea that could happen!  Some fraking NPC walked off with it without a power core, but I found a frame early on in the game and had the common sense to save it.  Since then I've killed a couple of guys in power armor and swiped the armor off the frames for a combined full set, so now I have a frame with mixed T-51a and Raider armor.  Still works great, but I wish I had my own original armor back.  These days I either keep the power armor in the vault when I don't need it, or do a hard save every time I step out of it.  I wonder what else I'm unwittingly leaving my self open to.

Anyway, if you like a shooter RPG with lots of depth, detail and history, this is your game.  Get it on sale this Christmas!  Battle Cat recommended.

Holy popsnizzle! I've never had an NPC steal PA with no power core. What a douchenozzle. The only NPC I've had steal power armor was Preston... hint: don't let that assclown use a set of your power armor until he wants to meet you near a certain old fort and you've brought enough ammo for a BIG fight. I learned that one the hard way when he made off with my only set of fully functional, good condition power armor, and the only way to get it back was to do a mission I was not ready for.

And yes, Fallout 4 was awesome. 230 hours on my first playthrough. I need to play it again before too long.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN Xp 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 2001) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Micron M600 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#6 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:51 PM

Assclown is my follower!  I've trusted that guy through thick and thin only to find out that he is likely to steal my armor for a big fight.  Now I'm sorry I modded special armor for him.  He's getting coal for Christmas.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

I've had "The Talk" with Preston.  He is grounded at the Red Rocket (my home base) and Codsworth is back in the saddle.  No goggies for this cat.  I'd like to see Codsworth try to fit his shiny metal ass into my power armor.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 BifBologna

BifBologna

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

I had my PA "borrowed" once by a settler. I was crafting at one of the settlements when it was attacked. A random settler saw it figured I wasn't using it so he might as well. After the attack was over I was able to get it back. I can't remember if I said please or just shot him in the head.

If I recall correctly I have three extra sets of PA sitting at Sactuary. Occasionally I'll have one of my three "wives" put it on for some "role play", if you know what I mean.

And yeah, Fallout 4 is a great game. I have about 190 hours in it, though, I haven't played it in months. The physics can be especially fun sometimes...

#9 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6145 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:02 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 22 December 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Assclown is my follower!  I've trusted that guy through thick and thin only to find out that he is likely to steal my armor for a big fight.  Now I'm sorry I modded special armor for him.  He's getting coal for Christmas.

Ha! He's actually a great follower, it's that one mission. When you've fought King Kong in a star fort (you'll know when you see it), you won't have to worry about Preston taking anything of yours again, he'll give back anything you want back from him from then on.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN Xp 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 2001) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Micron M600 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#10 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:01 AM

Preston, started to tic like he was an automated turret, it was funny at first but now it's just annoying.  Hey if I give and equip my companions with armor will it be any benefit to them or am I just reducing their effective carry weight?  In like manner will my settlers benefit from armor?  Do settlers and companions need ammo or will they generate it as needed like Preston does fusion cells for his laser rifle?

What a great game.  I am so absorbed in this that I play it every second I can.  Thanks for the help and tips guys.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat