No replies to this topic

#1 G_Player

G_Player

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:14 AM

• I read this on another game site and thought it might be important, so I'm passing it on. FYI running games in Win10 which use the Unity engine as similar problems might also appear there too. Hope the bug gets smooshed quickly. Good luck!
this is from the Devs in the Shroud of the Avatar forums…

Major compatibility issue with Unity and Windows 10 discovered.

When using Windows 10 to play Shroud of the Avatar, some users are experiencing intermittent sound hitching and terrain glitches. A potential workaround that sometimes helps when experiencing these issues is to run the game in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Instructions for running SotA in Windows 8 compatibility mode are below.
  • Use Windows Explorer to navigate to your installation directory and find the "Shroud of the Avatar.exe" file.
    • If you are playing through the launcher, the default location is either C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar.exe or C:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar.exe.
    • If you are playing through Steam, the default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SotA\Shroud of the Avatar.exe.
  • Right-click your "Shroud of the Avatar.exe" file and select the “Properties” option.
  • In the “Properties” window, select the Compatibility tab.
  • In the Compatability tab, check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select “Windows 8” from the dropdown menu.
  • Click “OK” at the bottom of the “Properties” window.
  • When you next run the game, it will be running in compatibility mode.

My computer often beats me in Strip Poker but doesn't stand a chance against my kick-boxing!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SotA, Win10, Unity, bug