4 replies to this topic

#1 nv_kelly

nv_kelly

NVIDIA Corp.

• Developer
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

Hi All,

Wanted to quickly inform you of an exciting update on GeForce NOW for Mac. Destiny 2, named best PC game of E3, is in an open beta now through Thursday, August 31 – and the only way to play it on a Mac is with GeForce NOW.

You can check out my original post about GeForce NOW for Mac here: http://www.insidemac...opic=48469&st=0

You can sign up to play Destiny 2’s open beta, within the GeForce NOW app. If you don’t have a GeForce NOW account, you can sign-up here:
  • Create: an NVIDIA account at rewardsportal.nvidia.com/account/create (if you don’t already have one)

• Visit: rewardsportal.nvidia.com/login

• Redeem: WMHO-WJLT-XBGA-CYIS-NNNR-KWXK

• Download & Install: follow the directions to download and install the GeForce NOW Mac Beta app

• Launch & Log-In: open the app and log-in to your NVIDIA account

• Play: Select Destiny 2 from the ALL GAMES tab, log into your Blizzard account, or sign-up for a free account and you’ll be playing in moments!
Questions? Let me know!

#2 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

I have almost no interest in Destiny but I tried it for the hell of it (or in the name of Science). Performance seemed fine but there was no sound in-game. There was sound in the battle.net client when I played a video.

#3 nv_kelly

nv_kelly

NVIDIA Corp.

• Developer
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

[quote name='Cougar' timestamp='1504040904' post='446429']
I have almost no interest in Destiny but I tried it for the hell of it (or in the name of Science). Performance seemed fine but there was no sound in-game. There was sound in the battle.net client when I played a video.
[/quote]
Thanks for the update! Checking with the product team now about the sound issue.

#4 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

I would love to try this but something's up with my provider since Hurricane Harvey and my bandwidth has dropped from a gigabit to ~18 Mbps with severe packet loss, leaving me unable to stream very reliably. Ugh. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#5 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

View PostFrost, on 30 August 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

I would love to try this but something's up with my provider since Hurricane Harvey and my bandwidth has dropped from a gigabit to ~18 Mbps with severe packet loss, leaving me unable to stream very reliably. Ugh. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

It should be better than ever when your internet works again. In the latest release notes they say they added a new US Central data server.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GeForce NOW for Mac, NVIDIA, Blizzard, Destiny 2