4 replies to this topic

#1 Spike

Spike

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

Blizzard updated Diablo III with a new class, the Necromancer in their update last week in a $14.99 DLC. This also includes 2 more character slots and Stash tabs.

Thou I like Diablo II better, I havent been able to play it in 12 months since it crashes on launch since the 1.14d update.

#2 nick68k

nick68k

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

DIII is one of those games that I'll play obsessively for a couple of weeks, then not touch for months. That said, i'll be getting the Necromancer DLC. What chance of the Druid making a reappearance?
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#3 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3298 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

I'm the same way. I will play the game every single night for like a month and then forgot about it until the next major content drops for it
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#4 Spike

Spike

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

Havent played D3 in years and now playing again with the new Necromancer, I have to say - Dang. I remember now what I dont like about this game, it is way way too easy. The class is so overpowered its ridiculous. I only chose Hard difficulty, but I compensated by never bother socketing anything or trying to get the best gear. Others that prefer fast action and ultra fast killing may like this game, but those dont appeal to me.

I miss Diablo II, that was the best game. At least I got to play it a few months before Blizzard broke the Mac version with the 1.14d update :sad:.

#5 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2453 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:39 PM

I think the game has gotten easier, more streamlined over time. But they've also built up lots of stuff to do at the higher difficulties. For example many levels of Torment difficulty, with random missions and timed challenges.

About once a year I play it again for a week or so, then I get annoyed at the story or I'll hit some level milestone and wonder afterwards why I wanted to hit it so badly, and then I'm free for another year. :-)
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.