Whither Homefront the Revolution?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JohnB

JohnB

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

It was mentioned at Mac Gamer HQ, heck, maybe even  here, that Homefront:The Revolution should be coming to Mac and Linux, at least DS Dambuster Studios said so in a tweet from may/march 2016("we haven't forgotten you Mac and Linux gamers"), but there has been no news since then that I have seen, either good or bad. I've checked on Steam and GamersGate, and another site where one might be able to buy Mac games, which I can't recall at the moment.  I see a
Windows version, and I see some DLC, but no Mac, no Linux.Hmmm.....Looks to be a decent game,maybe even a good one....oh well,  what a shame!! Guess I'll have to get it for console and leave it at that....
pity though

John B

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

As CryTek has basically abandoned the plans for Mac and (working) Linux versions of the CryEngine that Homefront uses – probably due to the financial troubles they are in –, I wouldn't count on that happen anytime soon, if at all. Homefront isn't the only game that fell victim to this: the upcoming Kingdom Come: Deliverance also had to cancel plans for Mac and Linux versions.

But honestly, Homefront turned out to be quite bad, so it's not that much of a loss in this case.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"