5 replies to this topic

#1 Annadiana

Annadiana

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:17 AM

Is anybody here playing Mafia III?
Graphics and Layout Artist at Petstreetmall
"Pet Supplies for pet lovers everywhere! Petstreetmall is the only place you need for your pet supply needs. We only offer pet accessories of the highest quality for the Lowest Prices."

#2 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1583 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:45 AM

Playing? I just collect games on sale myself, including this one! I hope to play it eventually though. I love a good story.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#3 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:58 AM

I plan to (loved Mafia II) but I've not bought it yet. My backlog is so huge that I won't buy a full game (main + all DLCs) more than $10, in the meantime I play other games.

#4 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

If the game were six hours and had no repetition, I'd be down for it. As it is, I have too much of a backlog to deal with it. Maybe in several years when it's $5.

#5 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:51 PM

I do plan to give Aspyr some money and buy and play through it somehow one day but I just switched to Nvidia so I could get F1 2016 working on my Mac and so now this is unsupported. F1 is more important for me.

If the next Mac Pro is a long way off and this old workhorse keeps on going I might try changing GPU again back to AMD with an RX580 when High Sierra arrives as it appears that will have the drivers for those built in.

Really enjoyed Feral's port of Mafia 2 (still need to finish all the DLC) and even played some of the original via WINE but that was really difficult at times (frustrating).

Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, RX580 8GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.13.1

#6 Annadiana

Annadiana

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:33 PM

I plan on trying it, but I think I need to think twice. Lol. Can you recommend me better ones than Mafia III?
Graphics and Layout Artist at Petstreetmall
"Pet Supplies for pet lovers everywhere! Petstreetmall is the only place you need for your pet supply needs. We only offer pet accessories of the highest quality for the Lowest Prices."