problem doesnt work bug lag glitch crash crossover wine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vajoss

Vajoss

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

I don't know if I'm posting it in the correct section of the forum, but I've got a problem that I've been struggling with for a few hours now.

I just bought one of the few games that caught my attention - 'Playerunknown's Battlegrounds' and obviously, it does not work on Mac. All my games, however, used to be playable after installing the Windows version of Steam by CrossOver. I could play literally anything just as if I had a Windows PC. Battlegrounds however doesn't work - Steam says that the product is not available for my platform (which according to my steam version is a regular PC, not a mac)

Hope at least someone manages to understand what I've just said. I don't know if it's a problem with this particular game or if this had occurred before with different titles, but I'm very desperate to play the game. Need your help...

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

Well, that's the problem with CrossOver and Wine: some games work fine, some don't. "Playerunknown's Battlegrounds" is unfortunately one of those that don't. It seems, that so far, you have been very lucky if you say that all of games worked in CrossOver.

If you want to make sure your games run with CrossOver, you can check Codeweaver's compatibility database and (as CrossOver is essentially Wine) WineHQ's app database.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

People don't think Wine be like it is, but it do.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#4 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:29 AM

View PostFrost, on 02 April 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

People don't think Wine be like it is, but it do.

So, it was a very good year I take it?

“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: problem, doesnt work, bug, lag, glitch, crash, crossover, wine