8 replies to this topic

#1 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17441 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

I just picked up my copy... WOOOO!  I'm off to destroy another tinhorn dictator!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:34 PM

Nice grab! Its pretty fun, lots of destruction goodness, and some really OP weapons. You'll fit right in ;)

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17441 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:37 AM

I loved Just Cause 2 but it quit working, there's this one scene where the game just hangs.  I can't get past it.  But now I have a new and explodier version so I'm off to slingshot myself into the air and spread my wings o doom over tyranny's wicked head.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6097 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

Don't know if you're into Indiana Jones-style action/adventure type titles, but if you are the rebooted Tomb Raider and its sequel Rise of the Tomb Raider are a popsnizzleload of fun in that genre and they're also $4.99 and $23.99 respectively right now. The latest one would also be a great way to push your 1080 Hybrid to the limit and show what it can do.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17441 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:13 PM

You know, I've never liked jumping puzzle games, from Nintendo to Cave Story to Tomb Raider.  Thanks for the recommendation, but you just recommended pins under my fingernails and um, er, ... no.  But thanks.  Back to JC3, KABOOM baby!!  BULLFROG!!  That and I'm not a very nice person what with all the tether launchings, hit and runs, and face gravy.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#6 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:54 AM

View PostFrost, on 18 February 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Don't know if you're into Indiana Jones-style action/adventure type titles, but if you are the rebooted Tomb Raider and its sequel Rise of the Tomb Raider are a popsnizzleload of fun in that genre and they're also $4.99 and $23.99 respectively right now.
Definitely. I missed a couple achievements in Tomb Raider single player, so that's justification for a second run. And, Battle Cat, this Tomb Raider is less jump puzzle oriented than the previous ones (but there are still some, so if you're allergic, avoid).

#7 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3823 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:25 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 19 February 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

You know, I've never liked jumping puzzle games, from Nintendo to Cave Story to Tomb Raider.
Posted Image
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#8 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:33 AM

Poor Mario!
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#9 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17441 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:29 AM

Why I ought to tether those two punks to a propane tank then launch that sucker like it was an ICBM by shooting the cap.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat