I was attacked by a troll.
I didn't respond.
I got banned for being a racist.
Pleaded for help.
Got none.
Community sucks.

The end.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

How Bizarre. Usually the rule is the reverse: posts not in the forum's primary language are banned.

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:23 PM

Heh, well steam forums allow mixed languages. Some are nothing but russian character spew and I cannot find an english topic. Or some are all korean, etc.

Maybe I was TOO harsh for their baby-faced millennial moderators?

I mean... I said if the game didn't support more languages, then there would be less foreign language topics "spew".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ... hmm, seems OUR forum cannot display foreign characters correctly... (didn't someone bring that up already?)

Over sensitive dick fraks out there these days I guess lol ... ;)

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2038 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

I have a macro for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and IPB mutilates ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#5 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 13 February 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

I have a macro for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and IPB mutilates ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yup. Looking into the ADMIN area, it seems the board is set to ISO. Then hesitating changing that setting to UTF-8, I looked at the database. Its all set to ISO as well. So If I changed it in admin, it would surely begin to go rogue. So I need to convert the database. But then I realized it seems a lot of data in the ISO database is actually already multibyte, so its UTF-8 stored in ISO collation.

ARG. No wonder I never converted this ten years ago. LOL!

I'd need to upgrade IMG Forums to IPB 4.0+ as it has a built in handler for this specific case. I will ponder it. However getting it is not a clean cut process, as we need to re-license it and move from 'free' model to 'paid'. Politics.

-Fm [1oM7]

#6 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2038 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:56 PM

Would it help if I ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  a bit more with a little ಠ_ಠ
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#7 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:00 PM

Whats odd... is I see member names filled with utf-8+ only characters... so, something certainly is going FAWNKY. I think what happens is 'content' is being back converted to ISO, but it doesnt convert user names.

¡™£¢∞§¶•ªºπøˆ¨¥†®´∑œåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬µ˜∫√ç≈Ω

Go figure.... some of that is converted, some isn't. Wow, I hate using other people's code.

-Fm [1oM7]

#8 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2038 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:01 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

​table flip really throws it daaaaaaymn

#9 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

Now, hit "Edit" on your post... and VIOLA! ITS CORRECT! ... until you save. Then its broken again LOL. So yeah.......... its storing it right in the DB, but its just outputting it wrong on the page. Joy! /sarcasm

Edit: ... well, no its not saved right in the db... its saved as html entity garbage. HRUHGEYMGMGF... frustrating.

-Fm [1oM7]

#10 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:14 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 13 February 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

Maybe I was TOO harsh for their baby-faced millennial moderators?

Hey, I'm a millennial. But baby-faced, guilty as charged. Hell, I still have my dimple. :teehee:

#11 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

View PostCougar, on 13 February 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

Hey, I'm a millennial. But baby-faced, guilty as charged. Hell, I still have my dimple. :teehee:
By Millennial, I mean it in the most racist way possible. lol

-Fm [1oM7]

#12 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17420 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:41 PM

Hey watch it Frigidman!  I'M a millennial and I resent that.  Oh... wait, you mean THIS millennia.  Never mind.  

You see, you simply stepped on a snowflake's safe space and left a big muddy footprint from your jackboot of over-the-top racism, violent words, hatred, and INTOLERANCE!!!  Hopefully they will be able to find you and drag you naked through the streets behind an electric car while a screaming mob gathers the rest of your family to stone you all to death for your intolerance to others.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#13 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:59 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 13 February 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

Hey watch it Frigidman!  I'M a millennial and I resent that.  Oh... wait, you mean THIS millennia.  Never mind.  

You see, you simply stepped on a snowflake's safe space and left a big muddy footprint from your jackboot of over-the-top racism, violent words, hatred, and INTOLERANCE!!!  Hopefully they will be able to find you and drag you naked through the streets behind an electric car while a screaming mob gathers the rest of your family to stone you all to death for your intolerance to others.

Physical work over tweeting and posting facebook posts? That doesn't sound like them ... zero action, all text.

-Fm [1oM7]

#14 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3299 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:55 AM

In light of these recent events, I recommend that we make a pre-emptive strike against Frigidman and limit him to 1 post per day that he must translate into English (US), English (UK), French, Italian, German, Mandarin, Japanese, Pig Latin, and Dwarf. If you care about the safety of your pets and children, then I'm sure you agree that this is appropriate.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#15 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 14 February 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

In light of these recent events, I recommend that we make a pre-emptive strike against Frigidman and limit him to 1 post per day that he must translate into English (US), English (UK), French, Italian, German, Mandarin, Japanese, Pig Latin, and Dwarf. If you care about the safety of your pets and children, then I'm sure you agree that this is appropriate.

You left out Gaelic. http://www.dictionar...m/browse/gaelic

Racist!

“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#16 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:27 AM

But what about Klingon?

-Fm [1oM7]

#17 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

Good point.

Ban him!!!
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#18 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17420 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 14 February 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

But what about Klingon?

Please!  The word is "Klingonee".  Klingons speak Klingonee.  But a RACIST like you wouldn't know or care.  

And frak wouldn't you know it, I left the Perma-Ban button in my other suit!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#19 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

Turns out, looking over the thread they banned me on for 'being racist' ... reading the other comments, I see what happened.

Some troll came out of the wood work, calling me a racist. Then other people jumped in saying I wasn't being racist at all. Then the troll attacked everyone's post who disagreed. Then apparently reported us ALL, and you guessed it. The result was that we ALL got banned for 'racism', and the troll who started the war, and was slinging the most popsnizzle around... is left alone and all his posts remain!

How is that for fairness and doing the right thing  /totalsarcasm

What a load of horse popsnizzle. I wrote a scathing email to the company contact email. Doubt it will do anything because the company clearly sides with trolls.

-Fm [1oM7]

#20 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:20 PM

The term has completely lost its meaning - these days the definition is "I don't like your opinion but can't/won't offer any logical argument"

We can only hope one of the up coming generations throw political correctness out and stop trying to appease everyone and making folks live in constant fear of causing offence.

Maybe then we can go back to making progress in society by allowing debate over different points of view on any topic.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6