4 replies to this topic

#1 Caesar

Caesar

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:41 AM

I'm trying to re-download Rage from Aspyr's official download manager (Rage-DLM.app) but transfer rate just collapse from my maximum bandwidth (1,5MB/s) to  zero Kb/s after a few second. To download it I've to stop the transfer e resuming it but after a few second's download speed collapse e again... this is very annoyance.

Do you have any suggestion? Looks like no one is using that app  (that looks like a bit-torrent based client for decentralized distribution) anymore to do install this game.

TIA

#2 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

The first thing that comes to mind is visiting the Aspyr site and going to the support area to find out if the app is still supported/works, etc. and if not what alternative method you can use to download it from them. Their support should be able to help you out with this in some fashion. Good luck!
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#3 Caesar

Caesar

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:43 AM

After proving I bought the game in late 2012 Aspyr's support gave me a code to download it from the Mac App Store.

Problem solved,
thanks!

#4 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

Glad to hear it. Have fun!
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#5 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:00 PM

ya'll got me wanting to pull out my rage disk (yes I actually have Rage Mac on disk, I think it was one of the last physical disks Aspyr sold)
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD