Turtle Beach PX24 Connect

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wncmacs

wncmacs

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

Turtle Beach advertises that their PX24 headset will work with a Mac, so I purchased one. I have a 2008 MacBook Pro running Yosemite (OS X 10.11) that has 2 separate 3.5 mm jacks for a microphone and headphones that I use for some gaming. The headset itself has only 1 3.5 mm jack that is a 4-pole design. I can get the headphones to work fine by plugging the jack into the headphone port, but I have been unable to get the mic to work with the computer's microphone port by plugging the jack into it. I note that the user manual states that on a PC with separate mic and headphone plugins that you should use a splitter to connect the headset to a PC, with jacks going to each connector. Would such a splitter work with the MacBook Pro? I live approximately 50 miles from the nearest store with a mic splitter cable, so I don't want to drive to buy one if it will not work. I could order the jack from Amazon, but don't want to do that either if it will not work. Any ideas on how to get the PX24 to work, or should I choose a different gaming headset?

#2 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:53 PM

Ive always been a fan of just using USB headsets.  

However, i cant imagine why the splitter wouldn't work.  

Alternatively, you could get a USB audio dongle that has the 4-pole jack.  

Either should work just fine.  

If you're looking for a good headset and dont mind wireless, Logitech's new G533 has been getting extremely good reviews as a "gaming" headset.  Keep in mind that gaming headsets will always have some compromises, particularly wireless, but the reviews have said that the G533 is about as good as it gets over wireless when great range and excellent sound.

I've personally got the Corsair VOID Wireless set (they have a wired version as well) that i like quite a bit.  Again, sound quality is about as good as you can get over wireless.

#3 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:33 PM

My turtle beach set has 2 jacks. Might try just emailing them to see if they have a recommendation. Turtle beach themselves make an analog to USB adapter, but it's for 2 jack setup. Not sure if it is appropriate for your headset.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#4 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:22 PM

i really cant see why the splitter wouldn't work.  

something like this:

http://www.newegg.co...AQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Should be fine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Turtle Beach, PX24, Connect