DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:07 AM

Verified and noted the following comment on twitter just now...

STEAM IS DOWN. MAN YOUR STATIONS. SIGN INTO ALL SOCIAL MEDIA AND COMPLAIN. THIS IS A LEVEL 1 INCONVENIENCE.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#2 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:15 AM

PS4 is a many splendored thing
It's the April rose that only grows in the early Spring
PS4 is SONY's way of giving a reason to be living
The golden crown that makes a man a king

PlayStation
Greatness Awaits!

#3 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3298 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:42 AM

Yup down here in Ontario for me.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#4 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:54 AM

Steam down at the beginning of winter sale is business as usual. I can't remember which year hasn't been plagued with this kind of problem (also happens with summer sales, but less frequently I think). You'd think by now Valve would have learned their lesson.

For what it's worth, Origin, GOG and Uplay still work. Well, almost: Ubisoft Store down for maintenance...

#5 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:57 AM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 23 December 2016 - 10:54 AM, said:

Steam down at the beginning of winter sale is business as usual. I can't remember which year hasn't been plagued with this kind of problem (also happens with summer sales, but less frequently I think). You'd think by now Valve would have learned their lesson.

For what it's worth, Origin, GOG and Uplay still work.

Maybe the ROI in installing a hundred more boxes in the cluster isn't worth it for 4 hours of ultra traffic. Maybe it's worth it to just let it crash when the winter onslaught comes every year.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#6 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:49 PM

And they're back.

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 23 December 2016 - 10:15 AM, said:

PS4 is a many splendored thing
It's the April rose that only grows in the early Spring
PS4 is SONY's way of giving a reason to be living
The golden crown that makes a man a king

PlayStation
Greatness Awaits!

A pox be upon your Playstation and may the fleas of a thousand camel nestle in your armpits!  And furthermore:

And to you both I give the 0:57 to 1:03!!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:01 PM

Merry steamy xmas

Attached Files

IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#9 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:01 AM

Well... at 3:30 local time here my internet went down and it is still down. So, I am using my iPhone wi-fi hotspot feature to be here on the iMac at the moment. I only have a gig of data to use though unless I pony up for more which I never normally need. In any event, it is too expensive for anything but a little web browsing with no video, etc. until they get somebody out here which is going to be sometime between 4 and 6 PM on Christmas Day. That was the soonest i could get somebody here.

How much does this suck? Well, I don't even know. I've gotten the sweats a few times already and my hands keep shaking but confusion and homicidal thoughts haven't been affecting me more than usual yet.

On a bright note, this just became an ideal time to play something on the iPad that does not need connectivity or else on me wonderful PlayStation 2 which is hooked up with fancy composite cabling for awesome graphics! I'll probably do some SSX Tricky Snowboarding and maybe I'll start Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance or something. Thank goodness I do not have to resort to reading a book or going outside for a walk. I shudder to think about it really.

Looking at all the icons I've placed on my taskbar in Windows 10 it is a strange feeling to realize that every single thing I use daily relies on being connected to the internet. Good thing I had my handy dandy iPhone to come to my rescue here. I know you guys would have been terribly worried about me if I disappeared on you.

#10 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:06 AM

Oh, by the way after the usual troubleshooting steps with Suddenlink support, the tech checked modems on my street and found everybody but me is connected which is odd. Historically when this kind of thing happens it winds up being the ISP is down 99% of the time but the techs are slow to get the memo for whatever reasons. Not this time I guess. Tried the old power cycling, modem reset, checking cables, the modem itself is offline and the lights indicate this. Meantime, the wiring to the box outside appears to be fine. There is just a single line running under the house crawl space to a hole in the floor and then it comes right up to the modem so maybe some rat down there chewed the cable but I doubt it. Naturally, I got the old, "did you purchase the line protection plan?" I told them nay and that our continued business relationship relies upon them providing me service without me being required to pay them for an insurance policy to do so. Any failure on their end will result in a prompt ISP change. That solved that problem.

#11 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:52 AM

Ackdudemay, Iay oldtay ouyay Iay ouldcay ewchay roughthay atthay ireway.  Ouyay weoay emay entytway ucksbay!  Ooooooway!!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat