Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:45 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 21 December 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

I'd chalk it up to their ambition but for the amount of money they rake in on Elder Scrolls games, and the fact the community does the fixes for them. I'll give them 1 quarter ubi. Like Bethesda does not have the fervent malice toward their customers that ubisoft has displayed. At best it's indifference.

I guess that is true.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#22 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17421 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

Which companies would you recommend as the most gamer friendly?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#23 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6089 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:35 PM

EA seems to be having an inner conflict right now in that Respawn Entertainment is basically the pinnacle of the gamer's game developer (all DLC is free for all, no "season pass" business, regular updates, community engagement, and only cosmetic items are for sale, and they're reasonably priced plus not locked behind an RNG slot machine as is all the rage with other companies right now), but... they're publishing under EA of all people. Basically the same problem they had when they were Infinity Ward under Activision. Good developer, popsnizzlety publisher. That and they're small, so they only do one game at a time (currently Titanfall 1 and 2, and they're now working on a new Star Wars game), so if the one thing they're doing at the moment isn't your bag, then that's that.

Hopefully more folks will follow the example they're setting.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#24 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2040 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:36 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 21 December 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

Which companies would you recommend as the most gamer friendly?

Spider web software, year long money back guarantee baby.

And I guess Nintendo just makes good solid games I buy with lot a not of funny business.

CD Project red seems on point, anti-DRM policies, free DLC, tons of freebies on their GOG platform. I really can't think of any company that is as consumer friendly as CD Projekt Red.

IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#25 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:41 AM

I must be lucky since I never had real trouble with Ubisoft games. The only issue I had was Assassin's Creed Liberation's bonus pack DLC which never registered properly in game, and Ubi's support has been helpless beyond standard answers (reinstall the game, reissue an activation code). For something I paid 50 cents and which is basically useless (a couple weapons), that was no big deal.

I hold a bigger grudge against Square Enix, not their games per se but their online store: I had bought a game, never received it, and absolutely no answers from them after countless emails and phone calls. Avoid at all cost!

#26 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2040 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:07 AM

Ugh, i'm already semi regretting breaking my vow to spin down my wandows games so I can decommission the popsnizzle box. The division appears to have some issue with inviting friends (which of course are uplay friends) if you invite a friend the game crashes. Verified with with 2 other people on 4 other systems (also a quick search on the webernet shows the rage of a thousand suns regarding this issue).

Workaround is to just join a friends group, or have them join yours. BUT cooooomon this is like a CORE function of this game and it crashes the game? You've been uuuuubisofted.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#27 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:59 AM

Thats the worst, "known game breaking bugs - they never bother to fix".

Generally most all AAA title companies suffer from that, because the AAA mentality is: Ship it Forget it.

Which brings me back to why I've kind of been enjoying the higher competence level of smaller dev groups who are not under the umbrella of AAA companies or publishers.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester