DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:33 AM

I found it refreshing and entertaining to read this review which takes a good hard look at ways in which Final Fantasy XV seems to come up short after being in development for so long which is usually not a good thing. I've heard they are patching in more story to fix it? Wow. Meantime, I think the mainstream sites are playing it safe with their advertising revenue from you know who but not these guys to their credit. I'll be getting some feedback from my nephew who's played them all and is already into this one. I doubt he'll be so critical but he might be. I'm easier to please than this reviewer and while I could see myself noticing things he comments on I don't know if they'd bother me to the extent they did him. It's hard to say really until you slog though something yourself. Anyway, for the amusement of Final Fantasy fans maybe and those who get a kick out of a well written critical review here it is:

http://www.glixel.co...ic-mess-w452568
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#2 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:48 AM

Here's an article from the same site about planned updates to improve the game not to mention a boatload of DLC in development:

http://www.glixel.co...me-help-w454365

It sounds like waiting on a "Game of the Couple Years Ago Edition" or maybe a next gen 4K remake might be in order for this one for the best entertainment and economic experience.

#3 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:11 AM

Here we go, the official Conan Clueless Gamer review:

http://www.glixel.co...zergnet_1304062

#4 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3299 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:00 AM

Ya I've heard pretty mixed reviews about the game. Some saying it's one of the best RPG's in recent years, others saying it's overhyped garbage. Main point of contention seems to be the [lack of] story. Apparently if you watch the movie/anime the story is great, but I will not be doing those things. You should have to consume outside content in order for a game to have a decent story.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB