2 replies to this topic

#1 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17429 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:04 PM

I'm running into an old problem again, one of the buttons I depend on needs mapping.  I have forced my self to adapt, improvise, and overcome but now I just want my damn button back!  (Grandpa said, sucking his gums in agitation.)  I've never even looked into them or paid it any attention when mentioned.  But now I'm paying for that and need a users eye view of the products on the market.  What are the ones you recommend that I use or avoid in Windows?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#2 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:27 PM

If it's a Logitech product of any kind grab Logitech Gaming Software and that might do what you want. Best bet is usually to change a key in-game, but if the game doesn't allow control customization of any kind, I'm not sure; never run into that problem.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#3 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:47 AM

Not sure if this is what you need but I found this to be very handy in the past for keyboard macros and it is open source so the price is certainly right. This has has been around for a long time too.

http://ahkscript.org/

AutoHotkey is easy to use and works very well. So you might check it out and see if it allows you to do what it is you are trying to do. It will work fine in sending keystrokes to a game if desired.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell