doctorpuppet

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Steam Name:doctorpuppet

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:25 PM

Hi folks,

So, I think I am about a mission away from the final mission in Rage: Campaign Edition (the Aspyr port for Mac). I have read several references in other forums (e.g. Steam) that you can in fact get back to Wellspring from Subway Town: there is supposed to be a fellow named Charon in the Resistance base under the garage, who can fly you back in the big balloooooooon.

I cannot find him, however, and there is not much ground to cover down there. Am I missing something painfully obvious? Was he cut for the Campaign Edition?

I ask mainly because, if I happen to come across two more feltrite crystals, I can complete some side quest back in Wellspring, but I am not sure that I can even get back there (or that there are two more crystals to find). There might also be a side quest or race or two that I overlooked.

Thanks!

#2 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:29 AM

There is a way to get back; I went back and forth several times on my previous playthroughs. I'm afraid I can't remember exactly where he was though as that was a few years ago. He's there though. I feel like I remember him being in the resistance base in Subway Town or something like that.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#3 doctorpuppet

doctorpuppet

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:55 AM

Thanks, Frost. I can confirm this after some stubborn searching last night. There was a path to the right that I had totally missed somehow. After all that, all I bothered to do was finish off a couple of races!

You mentioned "playthroughs" in the plural, which interests me. I really dig this game, despite the bad press, although I wish that the multiplayer had been included. I am not normally much of a "multiplayer," but it sounds like, in this case, it could be worthwhile.

Anyhow, what drew you back for multiple playthroughs? The only big thing I think I missed out on was finished that feltrite quest for an additional defibrillator upgrade (I had 18/20 crystals, but had sold a bunch before I received the quest). It is a sort of limited open world. So again, what kept you coming back?

#4 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6094 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:25 AM

Mainly I played it on PS3 the first time, while the second time I had the option of playing the hugely superior PC version. I also wanted to play it on Ultra-Nightmare difficulty because I like defeating games on max difficulty.

MP is dead now, but it was actually decently fun when it was alive. There were two player coop on-foot missions you could play, and competitive race games. I enjoyed both a lot more than I expected to.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#5 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1439 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:28 PM

I'm playing through again but am near the beginning, now why would I want to go back to Wellspring (sorry, it's been a couple of years for me too)? TIA
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#6 doctorpuppet

doctorpuppet

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

Well, like I said, finishing some races you might have overlooked or skipped. Completing that feltrite quest. I discovered the Subway Town racetrack had been closed, so I was glad to get in a couple more races before what appears to be the final string of main missions.

#7 doctorpuppet

doctorpuppet

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:35 PM

PS Frost: Multiplayer is dead as in actually shut down, or just not many users?

#8 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6094 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:53 PM

View Postdoctorpuppet, on 04 December 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:

PS Frost: Multiplayer is dead as in actually shut down, or just not many users?

It was up last I checked, just no one playing.

Eric5h5:

#9 doctorpuppet

doctorpuppet

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:08 AM

Thanks for letting me know, Frost.

Hrmph. Bit of an anticlimactic ending. Not so much the ending sequence itself, but . . . well, I shouldn't post spoilers.

#10 Caesar

Caesar

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:42 AM

[OT] does your Mac loads textures good? I recently tried Rage again to check my new RX 480 8GB performances but texture loading is awufl even trying to manually edit the config file (I do remember a better gaming experience with my 5870).

#11 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1439 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:04 PM

View PostCaesar, on 03 February 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

[OT] does your Mac loads textures good? I recently tried Rage again to check my new RX 480 8GB performances but texture loading is awufl even trying to manually edit the config file (I do remember a better gaming experience with my 5870).
Make sure you don't have to configure the framebuffer or anything for the 480. I'm using a 970 and the textures load very fast. I'm only getting freezes since upgrading to Sierra because of a bug with Metal and Nvidia cards/drivers. The 5870 was the last AMD card I had so I haven't messed with it in awhile. You might want to check tonymac86 or insanelymac for more info
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#12 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:49 AM

On my Radeon 6970M in my old iMac, textures usually took up to 11 seconds to complete loading. I was amazed that something like this was allowed to be released, especially as a technology show off game.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#13 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:00 AM

I'm not near my Mac at the moment but if I recall I found that having anti-aliasing on was causing the irritating blurry to sharp texture delay.

I normally always have AA on but couldn't live with it otherwise. Pretty sure I was running my 7950 last time but could have been 5870.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, RX580 8GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.13.1

#14 Caesar

Caesar

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:23 PM

Just tried to turn AA off and textures are loading like a charm! Thanks! :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rage, aspyr