Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:21 AM

Yeah those graphics engine mods operate at a low level, patching in the game with DLLs and stuff, so they're patently finicky with operating system and driver versions, plus they're kinda hard to install. Whereas the other mods are just using the game's built-in scripting system, so they're more reliable and easier to install.

#22 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17420 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:22 AM

Rats, that's what I wanted to try most.  Thanks for the warning, I'll avoid them for the time being.  I need my monitor back before I can do any PC gaming anyway.  My new 27" ASUS ROG PG279Q had a bad HDMI port so I had to send it back for a replacement.  In the weeks that I had it, my old monitor died on me and I had to dig out an ancient 15" CRT from the late 80's.  Now it's like playing on a postage stamp!  Talk about a far cry from shoulder to shoulder DOOM! with all the settings at ultra.  Gads I became spoiled fast.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#23 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 31 December 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

Rats, that's what I wanted to try most.  Thanks for the warning, I'll avoid them for the time being.  I need my monitor back before I can do any PC gaming anyway.  My new 27" ASUS ROG PG279Q had a bad HDMI port so I had to send it back for a replacement.  In the weeks that I had it, my old monitor died on me and I had to dig out an ancient 15" CRT from the late 80's.  Now it's like playing on a postage stamp!  Talk about a far cry from shoulder to shoulder DOOM! with all the settings at ultra.  Gads I became spoiled fast.
Hehe! yeah... easy to do when the carnage rolls in aye?

Hope you get your monitor fixed up.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#24 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 25 November 2016 - 08:07 AM, said:

I heard it wasnt worth the trouble but other friends, so I never looked into it.

The only thing I preferred with FO3 over New Vegas was the atmosphere. Ruined city exploring (especially one I've been to IRL) is much more interesting to me than the open desert.

But everything else FNV does better, because it's Obsidian and not Bethesda: Better story and characters, and things like the faction system make you feel like you're playing an RPG and not an open world FPS.

#25 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6089 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 31 December 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

Ouch! Sorry to hear all that HDMI trouble ended up being a bad monitor, but glad they're fixing you up.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.