#1 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:23 PM

Aspyr has announced that their GameAgent store shuts down. Apparently, you will still be able to access your games, but since I never bought anything from GameAgent (just like many others, apparently), I can't say for sure how this will work.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#2 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 16 November 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

Aspyr has announced that their GameAgent store shuts down. Apparently, you will still be able to access your games, but since I never bought anything from GameAgent (just like many others, apparently), I can't say for sure how this will work.

since the back end was digital river you can assume it will work poorly. :teehee:
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:03 PM

I think that actually might be a part of the problem Macdude.  I was trying to download a game, Rage I believe, but the download kept dying.  I contacted Aspyr support, but after a couple of days of this problem they gave up and were awesome enough to send me the disk.  I have no idea how often this happens I can only report that it happened to me.  Like I said Aspyr was awesome, but I was reluctant to use Game Agent after that.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:12 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 16 November 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

I think that actually might be a part of the problem Macdude.  I was trying to download a game, Rage I believe, but the download kept dying.  I contacted Aspyr support, but after a couple of days of this problem they gave up and were awesome enough to send me the disk.  I have no idea how often this happens I can only report that it happened to me.  Like I said Aspyr was awesome, but I was reluctant to use Game Agent after that.

Digital River is the Digital AIDS of Digital Distribution Services. I'm not sad to see one less DR powered store out there. Steam. GoG. App Store. They won, move on, bury DR. So deep. Bury DR so very deep.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#5 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:54 PM

The upside of Digital River's incompetence is they keep not charging me Texas sales tax on NVIDIA cards because they've got it in their minds that my Texas address is in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#6 Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr-Blair

Aspyr

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:11 AM

We actually dumped DR and spent 6 months building out our own custom cart.  But your right MacDude...DR was the WORST

The store was actually quite successful.  This move was honestly our team of 12 focusing our efforts on publishing duties vs splitting our brains on a store front.  As you guys saw with Layers of Fear, we are getting into more multiplatform publishing deals, and publishing on 6 platforms takes a ton of bandwidth.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aspyr, Another One Bites The Dust, GameAgent