Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:01 AM

As shown (in Safari 10.0):

Posted Image

Firefox, Chromium and Opera all even only report OS X 10.10.5. Might of course be a limitation of the browsers.

The MGS app correctly reports 10.12 installed.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#2 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6094 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:07 AM

FWIW, it thinks Firefox on Windows 10 is MacOS 10.11.5 as well.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#3 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:33 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 21 October 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

Firefox, Chromium and Opera all even only report OS X 10.10.5.

I think you meant 10.11.5.

#4 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:57 AM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 21 October 2016 - 05:33 AM, said:

I think you meant 10.11.5.
No, I really mean 10.10.5.

Posted Image

(That's Firefox.)

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#5 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:11 AM

Have you gone into your "Settings" under "My Account", and looked to see if the mac specs it lists is correct?

Have you run the MGS App since you updated to macOS ?

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#6 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:23 AM

The thing with that system specs comparrison... it only uses the last data from the MGS App when launched. There is ZERO browser agent OSX/macOS detection to fill that information. Because there is also no way to know if its Intel, or Nvidia, or how much ram you have from the User Agent.

So... I'm not sure where you are seeing 10.11.5 when you have run the MGS App on 10.12.0.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#7 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

Also, whatever browser you are using, look into your cookies for .macgamestore.com and see if you have a cookie named "Trinity". If its some sort of stale cookie (its a session cookie, it should never persist between launches), then something has gone terribly wrong with the cookie handler in whatever you are using.

-Fm [1oM7]

#8 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:34 AM

Anyhow, bottom line is:

System Checker uses only the data set on your account from using the MGS App with that same account. It does not pull information from a web browser. Ever. There is simply no code written to do that. So if you use opera, mozilla, safari, firefux, or even ie on a pc... if you are logged into your account, and you view a game on MGS... you will see your 'default mac specs' as set from the MGS App.

And, we have code in there for the 10.12 subsets, and its traction has just about met how many users are still on 10.11 (its doing an hour-glass transition). 10.10 people are mostly sticking with that (for some reason). And 10.9/8/7/6 seem unchanged for their own reasons.

Without more information from you on what in blue blazes you are doing (get out of photoshop), to get those cockeye results... I cannot seem to figure out whats going wrong for you.

-Fm [1oM7]

#9 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:12 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 21 October 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

Have you run the MGS App since you updated to macOS ?

View PostFrigidman™, on 21 October 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

The thing with that system specs comparrison... it only uses the last data from the MGS App when launched. There is ZERO browser agent OSX/macOS detection to fill that information. Because there is also no way to know if its Intel, or Nvidia, or how much ram you have from the User Agent.

So... I'm not sure where you are seeing 10.11.5 when you have run the MGS App on 10.12.0.
Ah, yes, that might be the case. I only ran the app after browsing the site with Safari. Now Safari indeed shows correctly macOS 10.12. Everything else (Firefox, Chromium and Opera) still claimed I'm running 10.10.5, though, until I trashed all the MGS related cookies (there was nothing called "Trinity", though) and logged in again.

Weird. :unsure:

#10 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:40 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 21 October 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

Ah, yes, that might be the case. I only ran the app after browsing the site with Safari. Now Safari indeed shows correctly macOS 10.12. Everything else (Firefox, Chromium and Opera) still claimed I'm running 10.10.5, though, until I trashed all the MGS related cookies (there was nothing called "Trinity", though) and logged in again.

Weird. :unsure:

Curious.

I wonder the session data was latching onto the old macspecs. I find that odd, since I actually yank the macspecs from the database everytime that system checker is built (not very efficient I know). I will have to check if I am actually caching the mac specs into session data though. Very odd.

-Fm [1oM7]

#11 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:51 PM

"Trinity" will (should) only exist in Safari on the same machine as the MGS App. Its an apple webkit thing with the secured cookie cache. Odd ditty.

For firefox et al, they should be pulling the db entry for your logged in shopper each page load. So that may beg the question if maybe those pages were loading cached versions, and not live versions. Kind of a scary thought. Have you ever noticed any game detail pages seeming to have stale info on them?

I just ran through the sys data code, and nope, I'm not touching the session with that info one bit. So its concerning that your firefox and chrome were still showing the old OSX on new page loads after you had ran your MGS App to get a new fresh data storage.

-Fm [1oM7]

#12 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 21 October 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

For firefox et al, they should be pulling the db entry for your logged in shopper each page load. So that may beg the question if maybe those pages were loading cached versions, and not live versions. Kind of a scary thought. Have you ever noticed any game detail pages seeming to have stale info on them?
No, I haven't noticed anything like that. Prices and such seem(ed) to be up to date.

#13 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:28 PM

Very weird.

Welp, if you notice it again, I'd appreciate a direct heads up (PM me will ping me faster than forum posts). Also, try not to clear any cookies or re-login when you notice it happen. That way things remain as is without tampering/reset.

I cannot see how it could happen, given I unceremoniously yank all data from the database on every details page build ;) But... dunno. Maybe there is a gremlin.

-Fm [1oM7]

#14 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:33 PM

MGS app sees it correctly. So does Safari 10, but Firefox newest does not for Mad Max, on my '16 m3 Macbook.

Posted Image
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#15 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:43 PM

Thain, before you do anything...

look at your cookies for firefox, and tell me, is one called "Trinity" in it ? (it should not be, if so, then firefox is stealing safari cookies and never updating them properly).

-Fm [1oM7]

#16 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:52 PM

Ok, I found the culprit.

Should be fixed now.

-Fm [1oM7]

#17 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3815 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:23 AM

I don't even get the "My system" pane in Firefox anymore now.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#18 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:36 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 22 October 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

I don't even get the "My system" pane in Firefox anymore now.

Exactly.

What you all WERE getting, was 'the first random entry from the db because you were not signed in'.... slight bug. Fixed now.

-Fm [1oM7]

#19 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3815 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:21 AM

omgz - Such a giant security issue! Can we sue MGS and get free games?? My username is 00000000aaaaaa, so I have to be first in the database!

#20 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:45 AM

LOL. Security issue ;)

Its kind of funny you guys only seemed to notice the OSX as being off, when other bits of the specs were off from your systems as well ;)

I could just post anything there and people would accept it as gospel ... lol ! Which, sadly, a lot do, and we get ticket after ticket "the system requirements said this would work flawlessly on my machine! but it doesnt! WEH!!!"

-Fm [1oM7]