Good FPS for online duels

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DanRad

DanRad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:05 AM

A friend and I have been playing each other online for years, mostly through the different Unreal Tournament games. We prefer one-on-one battles to the full-bore multiplayer stuff. Unfortunately, hosting a game on UT3 is ludicrously complex. I had it figured out on my old Mac, but when I got a new one, I couldn't replicate all the settings. My friend couldn't figure out how to host on her end, either.

So, does anyone have a recommendation for a good FPS that has good one-on-one online options?

Thanks!

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:34 AM

Team Fortress 2 in private mode (just you guys). Put a password on it, and host, then your friend can join in.

Its... a bit difficult on some to actually win, but if you do more of king of hill, and outright slaughter... its fun. The cart pushing ones, and capture flag are kind of boring with just 2.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:03 PM

Quake 1. Or Marathon 2.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#4 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:48 PM

Well, if you like UT, the UT pre-alpha may be pre-alpha but it's completely playable. And it's free. You can grab it from Epic's site.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#5 DanRad

DanRad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:05 AM

I'm intrigued by the new UT, and I've played it a bit. Lots of little bugs, but definitely playable. It doesn't want to work with my mouse very well. It only recognizes the main two buttons and the scroll wheel.

Also, I'm not sure I've figured out how to set up a 1-on-1 match with my friend yet.