Have a Razer ID? better keep that email forever...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

So, after spending the entire week bantering with Razer support about "How on earth do I change my email address on my Razer ID... especially if I have a provider change?"

And getting this final reply from their upper-ups:

"Yes, we do apologize but the email you created your profile with is the only one that will work with your account.
This cannot be changed and if you do decied to change your email address then you will need to create a whole new account. "

So... apparently everything being linked under a global "Razer ID", where it cloud stores all your hardware configs, your razer software configs, and even keeps your contact lists for things like razer comms......... well, just be sure you never have an email change! Because its ALL GONE by being forced to 'sign up a new account'.

Simply, befuddling.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:37 PM

Yuck. I don't understand the insistence of accounts. Even nVidia is starting to do it now for their GeForce software.

Razer's software is garbage on OSX anyway. I had the worst time trying to delete it. Now I just use BetterTouchTool to configure forward/back, haha. That's all I need.

#3 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:18 PM

I pay $10 a year to have my own domain name, that way I don't worry about email provider changes. Mostly. Because it's a .name top domain, and some stupid sites insist on classical .com, .org, .net etc. domains. But it's now much more infrequent than a few years ago.

#4 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2038 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:58 PM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 28 September 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

I pay $10 a year to have my own domain name, that way I don't worry about email provider changes. Mostly. Because it's a .name top domain, and some stupid sites insist on classical .com, .org, .net etc. domains. But it's now much more infrequent than a few years ago.

even so there are reasons to change email address. Too much spam, stalking, etc... I know FM is a high profile target for stalkers.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#5 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:03 PM

I make a new email box for every site and service I sign up too. I had originally set one up for razer, but their initial signup broke, so I had to setup a second one. So the second one was named something a bit crass against razer. So, after two years I decided I would 'fix' that busted email box and rename it proper, but ... well... found that I cannot change my fraking email on razer id so I guess the crass aptly named email box will just have to persist.

But I write this kind of popsnizzle for a living. I just got done rewriting the entirety of how MGS/WGS account sign in and sign up is handled (soon to be pushed to live in a day or two... waiting on apple to approve the new ios app update), along with enhancing how email changes are handled even. Its not difficult stuff to do. These guys just dumbfound me with how they seem to make sound like its impossible to change one line of text.

By that regard I'm highly surprised they let you 'change your nickname'... given that is what is used for comms lookup.

And yes macdude... lol. Normally I change email address boxes around when one gets spammed. However usually in those cases, I also delete/close/stop using the account that was associated with the box that sold it off for spamming in the first place.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#6 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3802 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:10 AM

*Customer has account name that rages against company* *Customer support marks customer for his evil doing and tells him that he can't change his email to teach him a lesson*

... ;)

I've personally bought my own .email domain so I can have the same email adress in the future. Problem is though, that *many* sites doesn't work with modern TLDs, so in maaaany cases my email is rejected! Sooooo annoying...
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#7 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:45 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 29 September 2016 - 12:10 AM, said:

I've personally bought my own .email domain so I can have the same email adress in the future. Problem is though, that *many* sites doesn't work with modern TLDs, so in maaaany cases my email is rejected! Sooooo annoying...

I own a few domains I renew each year... most likely until I die, or the internet dies... whichever comes first. And then  a grandfathered googleapps account that lets me have unlimited email boxes for free :D

-Fm [1oM7]