Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ – Announcement trailer

deus ex mankind divided mankind divided feral interactive feral 2029 Adam Jensen macos linux

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 jeannot

jeannot

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:13 AM

I have the feeling that Feral have decided to say silent until the game is out, since they've been criticised for announcing the game way too early. Another announce may not be well received.

#82 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:01 AM

That would honestly be a good policy, if they could do something like that.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#83 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:24 PM

It is not an easy situation for them when you think about it really. If they announce early those with consoles or a PC/boot camp might hold off for the Mac release and so more sales. If then they encounter technical problems or politics that stop approval of the port then potential buyers are disappointed and might give up.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6

#84 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17421 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

Feral knows that it's best for all concerned to wait to announce a release until it's a done deal.  They do it just right too using their radar, teasing their audience with what-could-it-bes, and by the time it is really ready to announce, the game title has been guessed by engaged gamers.  If a deal falls through the mystery game disappears from the radar.  It's a brilliant strategy.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#85 Steve Ballmer

Steve Ballmer

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

x-box soon!
The Secret Diary of Steve Ballmer - "I am not Steve Ballmer pretending not to be me"

#86 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1365 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

Game is 75% off and is free for the next few days.

#87 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

Pffft! That's nothing. I caught it on one of Steam's daily crazy madness deals for two scrapes of belly button lint.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#88 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

Just got the DLX-Version from GMG for €14.40 last week.

Now I am just waiting for my ISP to activate my 100Mbit line, to download that 80GB bugger. Projected date for the new line was already 2 months backs. :crying:
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: i5@2.6GHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1:  i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#89 9secondko

9secondko

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:23 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 28 September 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

Did you really? Did you call them? Did you email them?

I asked you this before but no reply. I don't mind telling you I feel a little disrespected about this. Don't worry about it though. I have a feeling they gave me the Special Snowflake title for a reason. Personally, I think they were just being disrespectful of me. I don't get no respect I tell ya. It makes me damned mad too!

Since you asked, I DID contact them. First on THIS forum, where they posted some hype to get us excited for the game. And you know what happens when you reply? IF it's set up (and you can bet a PR person on a forum has this set up), you get a notification. So they were aware of the question. Still nothing. So being a grown up with a computer and an internet subscription, I then emailed them. Nothing. This is basic PR. Not asking for some top secret info.

Crickets over questions about if or when an already announced game would be available - or even if it was still a thing. A YEAR after it was announced. Nothing. You can blindly defend it all you want. Maybe you hope they give you a free game ore something. Doesn't make it right.

So I bit the bullet and bought the PS4 version. GREAT game. Love it. Hope they keep making them. But I would have liked to have it on my more powerful Mac that I take everywhere.

It's been a year and a half. Everyone who wanted to play the game has played it on whatever platform necessary. There is no business case to continue Mac development now as it's now a yesteryear game that has seen market saturation. Heck, it just showed up on the PS4 marketplace at a VERY steep discount ($11) making me wish I would have waited just a bit. It's not coming to Mac anymore and that's OK. It didn't make sense for them. But they should have announced that and they should have given an honest response to people who wanted to be their customers - better yet, they should have initiated that conversation publicly. It's understood that delays happen and it's understood that unforeseen circumstances can rain on someone's parade. But a year and a half of question marks after seeing the Linux version available and then multiple other games (even titles taking advantage of Metal) coming out... it reeks.

Perhaps Feral is better than this usually. But this is something you cannot simply be OK with. Is it out of character? I don't know. All I know is good management - good customer service - people who care about their fans/customers/etc - communicate. They were all to happy to start the hype engine. they need to know how to turn it off before it burns potential customers and leaves a sour taste.

It's a game. It's not life and death. But this is a business we are talking about. And product is product. And if any of you are taking business classes in college, you know what's up here. This is a case study if what not to do.

#90 9secondko

9secondko

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:29 AM

View PostCougar, on 24 October 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Game is 75% off and is free for the next few days.

Another reason it is no longer in development at Feral.

#91 jeannot

jeannot

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:56 AM

According to steamdb it is.

#92 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8087 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:00 AM

...and according to Feral.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#93 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

View Post9secondko, on 18 November 2017 - 04:29 AM, said:

Another reason it is no longer in development at Feral.

How does that indicate in any way that it's no longer in development?
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deus ex, mankind divided, mankind, divided, feral interactive, feral, 2029, Adam Jensen, macos, linux