Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ – Announcement trailer

deus ex mankind divided mankind divided feral interactive feral 2029 Adam Jensen macos linux

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2477 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

> That's very disrespectful to the gamers that support them.

The alternative is for them to say "we will publish it in N days" only to have to retract it when Apple doesn't update the drivers, or a contract with Square is delayed, or the PC publisher doesn't sign off on the final build for a few months.

Either way, you are going to feel disrespected. Just keep in mind that your livelihood isn't on the line with these ports, and Feral's is. A delay of a year lowers the amount they can charge for the game, and makes the pool of buyers (i.e. those who don't give up and play it on another platform) smaller. It hurts them tremendously. Delays are not fun for us players either, but let's try to keep some perspective.

Having said that, Feral has said they'll give us more information soon. I welcome that as much as you, but don't expect them to give us a firm date until it's just about done.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#62 9secondko

9secondko

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:23 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 22 August 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

> That's very disrespectful to the gamers that support them.

The alternative is for them to say "we will publish it in N days" only to have to retract it when Apple doesn't update the drivers, or a contract with Square is delayed, or the PC publisher doesn't sign off on the final build for a few months.

Either way, you are going to feel disrespected. Just keep in mind that your livelihood isn't on the line with these ports, and Feral's is. A delay of a year lowers the amount they can charge for the game, and makes the pool of buyers (i.e. those who don't give up and play it on another platform) smaller. It hurts them tremendously. Delays are not fun for us players either, but let's try to keep some perspective.

Having said that, Feral has said they'll give us more information soon. I welcome that as much as you, but don't expect them to give us a firm date until it's just about done.

I asked for an update. ANY update. Some sign of life. Any response to show they care. All we received were crickets. Maybe you think that's a great way to handle things. In this day of social media and customer relations management, there is really zero reason not to reply or post something - even if it's a "just hang in there. It's coming." As it is, it's a full year beyond the original announcement. They aren't making the game. They're porting it. As far as livelihood... what in the world... it's not costing anyone anything to simply post a reply on a forum thread they e already posted in... if anything, it builds trust.

But I'm done. Just had to get that off my chest. I'd patiently waited a pretty ridiculously long time for a port of an already available game that is still in limbo. I'd have preferred to get it on Mac and support Mac gaming. But at this point, it's not the customers that are the problem - at least with this game (it's the perfect genre for most of the Mac Demographic), it's the dev porting the game. All that was asked was a simple update.

The longer the port waits, the less of a business case there is for it.

I waited. I'm done. I bought it for PS4 and downloading now.

Of course I'm just one person and they won't miss my $50 or so. But that's a poor attitude. And I'd be willing to bet there were a ton of potential buyers that they lost not only with the crazy delay (while other metal ports came along just fine...), but with the lack of respect concerning timely updates and real expectations.

I'm calling it. Feral will end up canceling the port. Something's wrong. You can criticize now. But don't forget to give props when it's news.

Would have preferred the Mac version. But no joy. So glad I have a PS4.

#63 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2477 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

Of course I'm just one person and they won't miss my $50 or so. But that's a poor attitude.

You're condemning them for an attitude that you have projected on to them. You think they aren't aware that the delay is costing them sales? You think they don't care?

My hat is off to you for trying to support the Mac port. And I don't judge you at all for buying the PS4 version. I doubt anyone here does.

I just think you should try to take the lack of information from Feral less personally. When they say they are trying to figure out what they CAN say, and then struggle, I take it at face value. Maybe there's a legal issue. Maybe they don't know the final system requirements because Apple won't commit to fixing a Metal 1 bug. I heard one Mac game port was delayed for a couple months simply because one person who worked for the PC publisher was slow to sign off on the gold master. The Mac publisher couldn't throw the license-owner under a bus so they just had to grit their teeth, stay quiet, and get yelled at by a bunch of Mac gamers.

The point is, there are some things Mac publishers can't talk about, and others that they won't. We don't know which is happening in this case. And if Feral even has a choice, maybe we'd agree with their decision if we knew all the facts.

Anyway, you did your best. You let them know that you want an update and you gave them time to respond. You showed a great deal of restraint waiting as long as you did. Now go enjoy your game!
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#64 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 28 September 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

Anyway, you did your best. You let them know that you want an update and you gave them time to respond. You showed a great deal of restraint waiting as long as you did. Now go enjoy your game!

Agreed.  

Back in the 90's at alt.games.marathon, there were those saying, "Bungie doesn't love us, they only want our money."  This statement was typically shot down by the gist of Matt's take on this old problem with a new antagonist.  The underlying refutation of this concept is that no business in it's right mind wishes to antagonize its customers but the harsh realities of legal responsibilities in an age of litigation takes precedence over what they would like to say or do.  It still sucks, but don't blame Feral, they are doing all they can for you.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#65 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:49 PM

View Post9secondko, on 28 September 2017 - 02:23 AM, said:

I asked for an update. ANY update. Some sign of life. Any response to show they care.

Did you really? Did you call them? Did you email them?

I asked you this before but no reply. I don't mind telling you I feel a little disrespected about this. Don't worry about it though. I have a feeling they gave me the Special Snowflake title for a reason. Personally, I think they were just being disrespectful of me. I don't get no respect I tell ya. It makes me damned mad too!
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#66 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

Oh, by the way...

I'm calling it. Feral will end up delivering the port. Everything's fine. You can criticize now. But don't forget to give props when it's news.

How about a friendly little wager here? I'd love to propose a small bet but I think the powers that be would frown on this so I won't do that. However, what about the loser has to return to this thread and post "mad props" to the winner for being amazing in their foresight and absolutely correct all along? What say you? Remember, the loser must specifically post all of it, the props, the amazing, the absolutely correct. How confident are you? Are you as confident as I am?

#67 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 28 September 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

Did you really? Did you call them? Did you email them?

I asked you this before but no reply. I don't mind telling you I feel a little disrespected about this. Don't worry about it though. I have a feeling they gave me the Special Snowflake title for a reason. Personally, I think they were just being disrespectful of me. I don't get no respect I tell ya. It makes me damned mad too!

The only reason you have that title is because I'm not on here often enough to showcase how much of a snowflake I am :P
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#68 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:50 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 28 September 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

I have a feeling they gave me the Special Snowflake title for a reason.

Posted Image
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#69 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

Maybe we'll have a Battle of the Snowflakes sometime about something and we can see who melts first! :)

#70 ipickert55

ipickert55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 29 September 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

Maybe we'll have a Battle of the Snowflakes sometime about something and we can see who melts first! :)

The word battle is too intense for me, I'm crying now.

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 29 September 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

Uh oh. Someone didn't tell the Kitty.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#71 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

Oh, no! I'm so sorry! I didn't want to battle anyways. Honest!

#72 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 29 September 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

battle!

You said it again!!  Can't you see poor ipickert is beside himself??  To make matters worse he is highly offended by the comforting he is giving himself.  This is all on you Harry.  5 demerits and a night in the box.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#73 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 30 September 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

You said it again!!  Can't you see poor ipickert is beside himself??  To make matters worse he is highly offended by the comforting he is giving himself.  This is all on you Harry.  5 demerits and a night in the box.

Whew! No cattle prod? No water boarding? The Battle Cat must be going soft in his old age. Hmm, wonder what else I can get away with...

Oops! I did it again.

Edit:
::Evil Alternate Dimension Spock Cat beams into DH's forum post and nail guns Ensign Harry's Agonizer to his forehead::  Ensign, I had to euthanize ipickert because you cannot take a hint.  You are hereby confined to quarters where you will be handcuffed to Rosie O'Donnell.  May Bastet have mercy on your black soul.

Edited by the Battle Cat, 30 September 2017 - 02:03 PM.
Dealing with a tard.

#74 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1438 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

What was the topic here again?
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#75 jeannot

jeannot

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:10 AM

Feral's mistake does not lie in the delay. They wish they had never announced the release.
That may be why they no longer seem to be using the radar... :crying:

#76 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:31 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 30 September 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

....handcuffed to Rosie O'Donnell....

Oh, no! Not Rosie! Anything but Rosie!!!

Meantime back on topic...

I always thought Feral employed the radar as a fun way to let people know things were in the works without announcing anything before it was safe to do so. Even then though, things can go wrong.

In any event they have a long history of getting so many things right that I feel badly for them when some people make errant assumptions about the company that aren't consistent with reality. I don't blame anyone for feeling frustrated by delays but sometimes they just can't be helped and sometimes they just cannot be publicly discussed at all. I don't envy developers and publishers tasked with managing expectations with the gaming crowd who can be a brutal bunch frankly, present company excepted of course! :peace:

#77 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 30 September 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

This pretty much sums up the last half year:

View Post9secondko, on 02 April 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

Is it still coming? Cancelled?

View Post9secondko, on 09 April 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Not cool at all.

View Post9secondko, on 26 April 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

I'm holding out.

View Post9secondko, on 21 August 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

So... a year later...
I mean this is just wrong.

View Post9secondko, on 28 September 2017 - 02:23 AM, said:

I waited. I'm done. I bought it for PS4 and downloading now.
So glad I have a PS4.

Before that we talked about the game, not the delay.

#78 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8100 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

View PostMr Pink, on 01 October 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

Before that we talked about the game, not the delay.
Well, it's not as if there was much else than the delay to talk about...

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#79 ipickert55

ipickert55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 30 September 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

Whew! No cattle prod? No water boarding? The Battle Cat must be going soft in his old age. Hmm, wonder what else I can get away with...

Oops! I did it again.

Edit:
::Evil Alternate Dimension Spock Cat beams into DH's forum post and nail guns Ensign Harry's Agonizer to his forehead::  Ensign, I had to euthanize ipickert because you cannot take a hint.  You are hereby confined to quarters where you will be handcuffed to Rosie O'Donnell.  May Bastet have mercy on your black soul.

Wait I'm dead?

Harry you tard.

View PostUmarOMC1, on 30 September 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

I do not know.

#80 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

I must stay on topic or else I will be in even more trouble.

Have you hugged a Feral Kitty today? They need love too!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deus ex, mankind divided, mankind, divided, feral interactive, feral, 2029, Adam Jensen, macos, linux