Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ – Announcement trailer

deus ex mankind divided mankind divided feral interactive feral 2029 Adam Jensen macos linux

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:48 AM

Yes, Feral posted this [video].

macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:32 AM

Ooo, pretty.

A good mac port of a bad console port to pc? One can hope!

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:42 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 15 September 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

Ooo, pretty.

Not sure where you heard the port was bad...it was handled by Nixxes, who also did Human Revolution. Their ports are generally pretty good. Played it a few weeks after release (so there were already a few patches) and it was fine. The only disappointment was that DX12 performance was worse, at least on my nVidia card.

My main gripe is with the consolized UI--it is mostly fine, but one thing I find infuriating is that I can't drag items to the quick bar. You have to select it and then press a number for the quick slot you want. And Feral won't be changing that.

#4 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3303 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:04 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 15 September 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

Ooo, pretty.

I've heard only good things about that port. Ultra settings is extremely demanding, but high settings will run fine on most mid-range GPUs. The game heavily favours AMD GPU's, so that could be good for it's Mac performance (since every modern Mac discrete GPU is AMD).
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#5 jgwdoc

jgwdoc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:51 AM

Any idea if this will run with a Radeon HD 5770? Got burned with Doom4, so a bit cautious.
Home: MacPro 2x3.0 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon/16GB RAM/ATI HD5770,1GB VRAM/Snow Leopard/Windows 7
Travel: MacbookPro 2.9GHz Quadcore i7/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Radeon Pro560 with 4GB VRAM/Sierra/Windows 10

Beach: iMac 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo-boost to 3.9GHz/16GB RAM/Sierra/Windows10/GeForce GTX 780M 4GB

#6 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:52 AM

Hmm.

Well wtf was that new game that came out that was something I was wanting, and kept reading all these complaints about yet another bad port........ arg. I coulda sworn it was DEMD. Crap. I'm losing it.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#7 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:54 AM

DEMD got flak for the stupidly shoehorned-in microtransactions, but technically, the port faired well.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#8 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:17 AM

View Postjgwdoc, on 15 September 2016 - 08:51 AM, said:

Any idea if this will run with a Radeon HD 5770? Got burned with Doom4, so a bit cautious.
The mini-site says this is using Metal so the HD 5770 won't be supported. I think this must be the first Metal port of a AAA game. I'm guessing it'll be macOS Sierra only though since the latest version of Metal finally brings rough DX11 feature parity which is presumably needed for this game.

#9 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

• IMG Writers
  • 3303 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:08 AM

Hopefully, it has the performance of Vulkan.

I'm eagerly waiting for the next batch of MBP's. I'm hoping one of them will be able to run this game on medium settings in OS X.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro

#10 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 15 September 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

DEMD got flak for the stupidly shoehorned-in microtransactions, but technically, the port faired well.

The microtransactions are dumb, but I would like to state that they are totally unnecessary and only exist as a way to "cheat." The game is balanced without them. They also exist entirely out of the game world in the main screen, and it would have been very easy to add them to the in-game vendors. If it weren't for the controversy I wouldn't realize that they're there.

View PostFrigidman™, on 15 September 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

Hmm.

Well wtf was that new game that came out that was something I was wanting, and kept reading all these complaints about yet another bad port........ arg. I coulda sworn it was DEMD. Crap. I'm losing it.

No Man's Buy? I mean Sky?

#11 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:56 PM

View PostCougar, on 15 September 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

No Man's Buy? I mean Sky?

No, it was a true AAA title that was a port from a console. Gawd, I cant find it, or figure out what it was. I may have dropped it from my wishlist and wiped from memory. Totally pulling a blank.

But yes, it looks like all the complaints on DEMD is about its story, or lack of.

-Fm [1oM7]

#12 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:48 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 15 September 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

Granted I've not seen the Mac port (just about done with this on XB1) but I really don't get the Microtransaction flak. They are not 'stupidly shoehorned in'. They exist, accessible from the main menu. Are they greedy? Yep. But they're  not pushed upon the player at all and aren't necessary for the game. If the Mts don't impact the gameplay, I don't see as how they're an issue. Pretty easy not to buy them.

#13 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:19 AM

View PostRev-O, on 15 September 2016 - 08:48 PM, said:

Granted I've not seen the Mac port (just about done with this on XB1) but I really don't get the Microtransaction flak. They are not 'stupidly shoehorned in'. They exist, accessible from the main menu. Are they greedy? Yep. But they're  not pushed upon the player at all and aren't necessary for the game. If the Mts don't impact the gameplay, I don't see as how they're an issue. Pretty easy not to buy them.
They are "stupidly shoehorned-in" in the way that they were apparently added at the 11th hour due to pressure by Squeenix. As Cougar and yourself mentioned, the game is balanced to be fully playable without these microtransactions, which is exactly what makes them so dumb. That the late addition effectively hid the single-player microtransactions from reviewers didn't help to improve the impression that idiocy left.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#14 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:54 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 16 September 2016 - 12:19 AM, said:

They are "stupidly shoehorned-in" in the way that they were apparently added at the 11th hour due to pressure by Squeenix. As Cougar and yourself mentioned, the game is balanced to be fully playable without these microtransactions, which is exactly what makes them so dumb. That the late addition effectively hid the single-player microtransactions from reviewers didn't help to improve the impression that idiocy left.

But if you don't need to participate in the micro transactions and they aren't pushed on the player during gameplay, why do they bother you? I agree that they are a money grubbing move, but I don't see how their mere existence degrades the quality of the game or even relate to the gameplay experience.

#15 jgwdoc

jgwdoc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:12 AM

View Postltcommander.data, on 15 September 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

The mini-site says this is using Metal so the HD 5770 won't be supported. I think this must be the first Metal port of a AAA game. I'm guessing it'll be macOS Sierra only though since the latest version of Metal finally brings rough DX11 feature parity which is presumably needed for this game.

Seems like I'll have a stack of games waiting for the October iMac refesh
Home: MacPro 2x3.0 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon/16GB RAM/ATI HD5770,1GB VRAM/Snow Leopard/Windows 7
Travel: MacbookPro 2.9GHz Quadcore i7/16GB RAM/1TB SSD/Radeon Pro560 with 4GB VRAM/Sierra/Windows 10

Beach: iMac 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo-boost to 3.9GHz/16GB RAM/Sierra/Windows10/GeForce GTX 780M 4GB

#16 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:25 AM

Feral revealed the provisional system requirements for macOS today and released the game on Linux.

#17 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:44 AM

"The following graphics cards are not supported" followed by a two page long output. OK, a little bit of exaggeration, but still it would be shorter to list the handful of supported cards!

#18 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

• IMG Writers
  • 3303 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:23 PM

You can understand why feral is moving into Linux gaming.

There are about 15 mac users in the world who can run this game.

#19 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:02 PM

Basically those are the same requirements as for Mad Max, with the exception that Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will need macOS 10.12 Sierra and it is supporting Intel Iris Pro 5200 & 6200 graphics.

#20 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:32 PM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 03 November 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

"The following graphics cards are not supported" followed by a two page long output. OK, a little bit of exaggeration, but still it would be shorter to list the handful of supported cards!

LOL yes.

Its setup to show the base line card. And if people need to know why their suckass card is not good enough, they can click and see their suckass card in the list clearly saying its a suckass card. Sadly, the way the general public think, if their card wasnt listed, then it must be OK! ... so you never win, no matter what you try.

-Fm [1oM7]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deus ex, mankind divided, mankind, divided, feral interactive, feral, 2029, Adam Jensen, macos, linux