DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:05 PM

The problem with Duke Nukem Forever was the forever part and I'm sure it arrived as a train wreck to begin with. You can't fix design that bad. You need to throw it away and start over. In this day and age it was not really wise to do either when I think about it.

Anyway, it is always good to accentuate the positive and Borderlands sure is a positive. So that's nice. It would be quite fun on the iPad with a controller without a doubt. There are iOS FPS games (I haven't played any yet personally) so presumably touch works well enough. There are multiple Call of Duty games and people like them. I'm thinking they don't all have controllers but maybe I am wrong and maybe they all support them. I don't know. I should fire up Shadowgun or Shadowgun Deadzone and see what it is like with just touch control. I think I installed Deadzone.

GTA III through Andreas are on iOS and there's shooting in them so it must work alright if not ideally. Those you'd hope would have controller support though. Max Payne is also on iOS, the first one.

I don't know why Apple does not come up with a nice controller for iOS devices. It would be easy money for them and happy users. It would even further promote and enhance gaming on iOS with them making a nice controller an option right when and where you buy your iPad. You'd think they would want to do this also given the Apple TV now if they plan do more with gaming on it in future models. Then again, it would be just like them to feel that you should use touch for everything except the TV until they make a touch controller for that. Oh, wait...
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#22 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:32 AM

What was this topic about? I'm totally lost.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#23 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2039 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:13 AM

It was about sales but we diverted it to iOS gaming.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#24 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:26 AM

I blame macdude22. I am pretty sure it is his fault.

Back on topic...

Saw Avadon 3 coming soon in Spiderweb email this morning but no mention of an iOS version. I sent an email asking if there is one planned. Stay tuned for futher details if there are any to be had.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#25 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1365 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:35 PM

If we're indeed talking about iOS games, Samorost 3 just came out and I've been playing it. Amantia sure knows how to make super soothing games. It was the perfect thing after a long day of travel.

As for Apple making a game controller, I don't see it happening. They don't understand gaming; on iOS it's just a fluke, something they had to admit due to its success. Look at the new AppleTV--they did the bare minimum there, and then they made the boneheaded decision of having all games require to function with the remote, which thankfully they've backed down on. Quite frankly I'm surprised the controller program exists at all.

I can imagine if they were to make one, they'd be awkwardly embarrassed about it to the point where they'd have to get it from the back of the Apple Store and they'd give you dirty looks during the entire transaction. It also wouldn't be very good. Just look at the history of their input devices. And controllers are even harder than mice to get right.

#26 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17420 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:57 PM

::convulsing with sobs::  LEAVE APPLE ALONE!!  [/chris_crocker]
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game, deals, sales, pc, xcom, deusex, games