• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 johnmountain

johnmountain

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

Will start this off with a new release and recent release at GMG

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided -25% off at Green Man Gaming (Steam)

and

XCOM sale also at Green Man Gaming (Steam)

Up to -80% off, make sure to sign in to get the full discount (e.g. XCOM 2 is -55%)

GMG are authorized partners for Firaxis and Eidos. Should be instant delivery.

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:58 PM

WinGameStore having lots of sales this week too, xcom's matching, but the %off displays lower because WGS has lower base prices (they dont jack up the base price before a sale to make the %off look bigger). And you dont have to sign in just to see the damned price.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:10 PM

I didn't know GMG still existed not that I ever bought anything there anyway.

I did score ESO last MacGameStore sale though. Now I just need to find time to play it. Long story but I think my days in WoW are now numbered due to too many changes in the expansion I am not happy about. I'm overdue to move on anyway but I might play my little ones in twink gear a while longer before I bail.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#4 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3780 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:30 AM

Oh no dude, you are going to play Borderlands, and there's no way around it. Otherwise we will have to send tBC to poop on your lawn every day.

Edit: And we'll make sure he's ready for your lawn with a big one:
Posted Image
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#5 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:49 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 28 August 2016 - 01:30 AM, said:

Oh no dude, you are going to play Borderlands, and there's no way around it. Otherwise we will have to send tBC and poop on your lawn every day.

And lemme tell you ... that is NOT something you want happen... cat popsnizzle is the WORST.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#6 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:47 AM

Whoah!!! Not that, please, not that!!! I am gonna have nightmares about that fully loaded cat now.

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

I need another sack of cheese logs guys.

View PostFrigidman™, on 28 August 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

And lemme tell you ... that is NOT something you want happen... cat popsnizzle is the WORST.

::clears throat:: I'm standing right here Fm.  At least I'm trying to stand right here.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3780 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:33 AM

DirtyHarry50 next monday morning in his garden:
Posted Image

tBC at the same time:
Posted Image

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#9 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:58 PM

I don't get no respect! No respect at all I tell ya!

#10 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3780 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:56 PM

Exactly. Not until you've finished of at least Borderlands 1 or 2.

#11 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:08 AM

But there's aliens lined up at Dukeburger. I can't just ignore that.

#12 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3780 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:25 AM

That you prioritize Duke Nukem Forever over Borderlands should get you banned.. Or at least have your title changed to "Pink Pussycat".

#13 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2453 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:08 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 29 August 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

I don't get no respect! No respect at all I tell ya!

All the time, my dog's barking at the door. He doesn't want to go out-- he want's ME to leave!

But it's always somethin. My wife and I, we were happy for twenty years... Then we met.

Now she wants to spice things up a little. She wants to try having sex in the back seat. She wants ME to drive!

But I never had much luck with the ladies. I was talking to this one girl; she said, "Come on over, there's no one home." So I went over. There was no one home!

(yanks at collar) Tough crowd.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#14 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:34 PM

Well, it's a sad story but I crashed and burned on Duke and a stupid sequence involving way too much driving an RC in miniature form only to have to complete a platforming series I kept failing at the last step in a game with checkpoints so... GAME OVER MAN!

I have very limited patience for anything that I think sucks and that game sucked before I got very far. Rating: 2 stars for making me chuckle a few times and not crashing.

Played Borderlands to the lofty level of 5 so far and it is awesome not that this would be news to any of you certainly. I'm playing a soldier guy. I think his name is Ryan? I forget now. Anyway, I do find the game really fun. Got BL2 setup also and noticed the visuals seem much nicer not that I find BL1 bad but BL2 seems to have spruced them up significantly.

I logged into WoW and intended to sell off some mats I figured were useless but then realized they aren't. As I was messing around in the garrison of all things, I was having fun with it. I am such a freaking addict to MMO games and once I like one I find it hard to let go. It's like with EverQuest, I have done so much to pave the way for the alt army that I hate to walk away before enjoying the fruits of that. I guess I'll burn out eventually as I finally did with EQ. WoW's the only other game so far to really suck me in like EQ did although I will always consider EQ the gold standard by which all other MMOs are measured with none of them ever surpassing that experience for me. I don't think it is possible for reasons no new game could hope to overcome.

#15 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2453 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:52 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 30 August 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

Well, it's a sad story but I crashed and burned on Duke and a stupid sequence involving way too much driving an RC in miniature form only to have to complete a platforming series I kept failing at the last step in a game with checkpoints so... GAME OVER MAN!

In retrospect, we shouldn't have tried to convince you not to play it. We should have encouraged you to try it as soon as possible, and then just let nature take its course.

#16 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

I think I gave up on duke right after the rc car bit too. Was not fun at all.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#17 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:50 AM

Yep, serious suckage. Fortunately, I am sure I got it on sale for maybe 5 bucks and I guess... well, no. I didn't get my five bucks worth really. Sometimes you just can't win. This was one of those times.

#18 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2453 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

FWIW I got a couple levels past the RC car before quitting. For every decent bit there'd be a long stretch of "meh" sprinkled with the occasional "wtf".

Hard to believe it was a Gearbox game. (Yes, I know it wasn't _entirely_ their game, but still.)

#19 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:05 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 31 August 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

FWIW I got a couple levels past the RC car before quitting. For every decent bit there'd be a long stretch of "meh" sprinkled with the occasional "wtf".

Hard to believe it was a Gearbox game. (Yes, I know it wasn't _entirely_ their game, but still.)

You know when you look at car salesman randy and Gearbox's hit vs. miss list. It's almost like Borderlands is the outlier in that "gearbox actually had their name associated a good game??!!"

Duke, Aliens, TPS, increasingly bad Brothers in Arms releases, ugh Borderlands legends. Blue Shift wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. then there is good stuff like Lands and Homeworld.

At any rate they have as many misses as hits.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#20 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2453 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:43 PM

Fair point about Gearbox's misses.

I guess in my head I was comparing Duke to Homeworld. Gearbox have sunk tons of effort into Homeworld Remastered, in particular working for months on a huge patch for it. Homeworld is an acclaimed property but it most likely has already found its peak audience. And the remastered edition is already very good, very playable before the patch.

Granted some of that is an investment into the brand; they've put out another game in that universe already. Still it shows they have the resources and the willingness to invest in a game if they want. DNF's flaws are many but I thought it was *salvagable*. And Gearbox (at least the Borderlands teams) clearly know how to tune a FPS. But at some point the decision was made to ship it rather than fix it any more.

But who knows. I like to armchair quarterback but maybe it was the best they could do with it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game, deals, sales, pc, xcom, deusex, games