#1 Mens

Mens

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:25 AM

Alright,

We all know the issues with No Man's Sky, the crashes, glitches, multiplayer, combat and at "times" the repetitiveness.

But I still won't return it. To me it has too much potential and if the devs can get their popsnizzlee together and fix the current issues  they can make a great game.
Anyways back to the point, I would like to see the devs add new content like NPC companions, actual player models, quests, the ability to start your own mining or
trading company, and lastly some RPG elements.

I don't know if these will make No Man's Sky better or worse but I just want more content in the game.

So, what do you guys think they should add?

#2 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:15 AM

Steamworks if it doesn't already have it because those things might have a hope of happening if a community builds around what seems to be a template for a good game from what I've been seeing and reading. I guess that depends on what kind of sales it has been doing though, whether or not the potential really exists for a mod community to take it further or not. Somehow, I'm thinking those who made the game designed it as it is largely with the thought that this design was enough to constitute an experience players would sufficiently enjoy as it stands. I get the impression that if that is true and they did think that, they were wrong unless it's yet another shipped before it was done project?
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#3 Mens

Mens

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 26 August 2016 - 10:15 AM, said:

Steamworks if it doesn't already have it because those things might have a hope of happening if a community builds around what seems to be a template for a good game from what I've been seeing and reading. I guess that depends on what kind of sales it has been doing though, whether or not the potential really exists for a mod community to take it further or not. Somehow, I'm thinking those who made the game designed it as it is largely with the thought that this design was enough to constitute an experience players would sufficiently enjoy as it stands. I get the impression that if that is true and they did think that, they were wrong unless it's yet another shipped before it was done project?

Yea, I am getting that impression as well :wall: , but I don't want to believe it. I trust the modding community will do their best as they always have.

#4 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3299 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:11 PM

Does the game support modding?
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#5 Mens

Mens

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:08 PM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 26 August 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

Does the game support modding?

Nothing just yet. There might be a steam workshop sometime in the future if they can fix all of the current issues.

#6 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:24 PM

1) People walking around. The different races. I would love to see them actually wandering around stations and trade platforms. Also coming across a random one in the wilds 'hunting' or doing other various activities. They dont ALL have to be intractable... most can just look at you and shrug you off if you try to talk to them. But having them out there moving about would add some more life.

2) Better flight and ship combat situations. Space is vast, but its all so crampt, and filled with asteroids in every inch of space. I would love to see the asteroids reduced to clusters (which you can see at a distance), and instead put in trade lines, and many ships coming and going. Much like the X# series games did. It just made space 'lived in'.

3) Fewer random POI dotted every 100 meters on the entire surface of the planet, and more 'tight clusters' of establishments. I want to see a sprawling town, or high rise city to come across... mixed with islands and deserts of vast nothing (in regards to structures).

4) Random catastrophic space events "Bad Systems" you discover. Where you warp in, and its like HOLY CRAP GET ME OUTTA HERE... orr....... do I try to get to that one planet that is being torn assunder by that insane meteor storm?

5) Many more upgrades and ship types. Ship builders, customizers. Where you can find a station, and a shipwright shop, and go in and buy winglets, or booster pods to strap onto your tin can you found on the surface wrecked. Then slap a shiney new coat of paint, with some custom decals. I know no one else in the universe is going to SEE my ship, but I SEE it, and I wanna pimp it out.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#7 Mens

Mens

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:33 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 26 August 2016 - 02:24 PM, said:

1) People walking around. The different races. I would love to see them actually wandering around stations and trade platforms. Also coming across a random one in the wilds 'hunting' or doing other various activities. They dont ALL have to be intractable... most can just look at you and shrug you off if you try to talk to them. But having them out there moving about would add some more life.

2) Better flight and ship combat situations. Space is vast, but its all so crampt, and filled with asteroids in every inch of space. I would love to see the asteroids reduced to clusters (which you can see at a distance), and instead put in trade lines, and many ships coming and going. Much like the X# series games did. It just made space 'lived in'.

3) Fewer random POI dotted every 100 meters on the entire surface of the planet, and more 'tight clusters' of establishments. I want to see a sprawling town, or high rise city to come across... mixed with islands and deserts of vast nothing (in regards to structures).

4) Random catastrophic space events "Bad Systems" you discover. Where you warp in, and its like HOLY CRAP GET ME OUTTA HERE... orr....... do I try to get to that one planet that is being torn assunder by that insane meteor storm?

5) Many more upgrades and ship types. Ship builders, customizers. Where you can find a station, and a shipwright shop, and go in and buy winglets, or booster pods to strap onto your tin can you found on the surface wrecked. Then slap a shiney new coat of paint, with some custom decals. I know no one else in the universe is going to SEE my ship, but I SEE it, and I wanna pimp it out.

I couldn't agree more. I really can't understand how the dev team could not have implemented any of these, even some of the minor ones like new colours and decals for your ship.

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17421 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:35 PM

I'd like to see a race of naive amazon calico cats who have never seen a guy cat before.  Maybe then my idiotic pickup lines would finally work.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:18 AM

That's it! The game needs Xena: Warrior Princess!

#10 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:25 AM

Oh, and kite flying! The game needs Xena AND kite flying too, serious kite flying.

Posted Image

#11 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:38 AM

Another lie by Sean Murray was all these rare encounters and special moments and interesting things to come across (easter eggs). Yet out of the million players, no one has seen a single thing lol.

Its like how all the images of UFO's and Bigfoot and Loch Ness, suddenly stopped happening, yet almost everyone in the world is walking around with a camera of some sort.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#12 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3802 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:12 PM

View PostMens, on 26 August 2016 - 02:33 PM, said:

I couldn't agree more. I really can't understand how the dev team could not have implemented any of these, even some of the minor ones like new colours and decals for your ship.
Time, money, man power. Clearly they were short on everything.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#13 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2040 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 27 August 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

Another lie by Sean Murray was all these rare encounters and special moments and interesting things to come across (easter eggs). Yet out of the million players, no one has seen a single thing lol.

Its like how all the images of UFO's and Bigfoot and Loch Ness, suddenly stopped happening, yet almost everyone in the world is walking around with a camera of some sort.

Attached Files

IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#14 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3299 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:33 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 27 August 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

That 1994 sighting is really pushing it....
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#15 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 29 August 2016 - 08:33 PM, said:

That 1994 sighting is really pushing it....

I agree. That is obviously one of the Grateful Dead dancing bears.