20 replies to this topic

#1 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17435 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:28 PM

Holy cow Borderlands 2 keeps surprising me.  Last week I was farming the Sheriff in Lynchwood for pistols, badges and other rare loot.  She dropped an "Order" shield.  It's not much at all for shield protection but if you use the bladed "Law" pistol (Get it?  Law and order?) you get massive overkill with melee blows.  With a class mod that bumps your melee by 37% you are an unstoppable force.  Not only does it slice and dice, it returns health to you in huge quantities.  If you hit a Bruiser with one he disintegrates into chunks.  A Super Badass enraged Goliath takes 3.

Like I said the shield is crap, but it gives you enough time to bum rush an enemy.  Even if you are shot to pieces and a hair away from Fight For Your Life by the time you get there, one melee gives you back half your health.  Even after a tough mob of critters and badasses you wind up with full health and shields most of the time.

I love to drop down on somebody and Ginsu the frak out of them.  Death from above!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#2 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1579 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:55 PM

I saw the title and couldn't wait to drop in here to remind you that nobody said life was going to be fair. Oh, well. It seems life in Borderlands has been more than fair to you recently. Glad you're having fun.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17435 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:07 PM

Beans for life not being fair.  It never was, never will be.  It's not a game of baseball or fisticuffs with the Marquess of Queensberry rules.  It's existing on planet Earth with everything it can throw at you and everything that can go wrong mixed with chance in a timeframe that can be seconds to over a century.

But screw philosophy, just as long as I can wade through badasses like Godzilla through Tokyo.  Like Patton through a goose.  Like something funnier through something wittier.  That's the ride I want to roll in.  "Fair" can kiss my shiny metal ass.  

I can hardly wait to play Borderlands on my new PC.  Not!  Actually this is my fond farewell to Borderlands as I cast off into the Sea of Endless Games.  Thar be monsters there.  Of course there is BL3 somewhere on the horizon, just sayin'.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:34 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 11 August 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

Holy cow Borderlands 2 keeps surprising me.  Last week I was farming the Sheriff in Lynchwood for pistols, badges and other rare loot.  She dropped an "Order" shield.  It's not much at all for shield protection but if you use the bladed "Law" pistol (Get it?  Law and order?) you get massive overkill with melee blows.  With a class mod that bumps your melee by 37% you are an unstoppable force.  Not only does it slice and dice, it returns health to you in huge quantities.  If you hit a Bruiser with one he disintegrates into chunks.  A Super Badass enraged Goliath takes 3.

Like I said the shield is crap, but it gives you enough time to bum rush an enemy.  Even if you are shot to pieces and a hair away from Fight For Your Life by the time you get there, one melee gives you back half your health.  Even after a tough mob of critters and badasses you wind up with full health and shields most of the time.

I love to drop down on somebody and Ginsu the frak out of them.  Death from above!
Needs to be nerfed. :P

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#5 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3818 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:22 AM

Now I want to play BL2 again. Awesome shooter that one. Unfortunate that the DLCs are always so expensive compared to the added content.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:29 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 12 August 2016 - 01:22 AM, said:

Unfortunate that the DLCs are always so expensive compared to the added content.
Considering that by now the DLC is on sale for less than a cheeseburger menu every couple of weeks, I don't see that much of an issue anymore.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#7 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3818 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:38 AM

True that. *Goes to MGS*

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#8 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:39 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 12 August 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

Considering that by now the DLC is on sale for less than a cheeseburger menu every couple of weeks, I don't see that much of an issue anymore.

So true, I don't think a week goes buy I don't see this stuff on sale somewhere. And since it's all steam keys don't matter where you get it from.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#9 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:05 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 12 August 2016 - 02:38 AM, said:

True that. *Goes to MGS*

LOL... and wouldn't you know it... Aspyr sale weekend and all those borderlands stuffs are on salez againz. (even if you own the base game, it seems far cheaper to buy the complete edition as all the dlc by themselves equate to like 4x the price of the complete! LOL hows THAT work out ?!?!)

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#10 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2047 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:27 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 11 August 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

Like Patton through a goose.  

U can come take out some of the canadian arsehole geese at the work pond. They mean as hell.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#11 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2047 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:37 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 12 August 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

LOL... and wouldn't you know it... Aspyr sale weekend and all those borderlands stuffs are on salez againz. (even if you own the base game, it seems far cheaper to buy the complete edition as all the dlc by themselves equate to like 4x the price of the complete! LOL hows THAT work out ?!?!)

$11.99 is cheap do it do it do it

#12 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17435 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:46 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 12 August 2016 - 12:34 AM, said:

Needs to be nerfed. :P

I'll give them my Law and Order when they pry them from my cold, dead hands.

View Postmacdude22, on 12 August 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

U can come take out some of the canadian arsehole geese at the work pond. They mean as hell.

Heh, wait'll they get a butt load of me.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#13 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2047 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:46 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 12 August 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

Heh, wait'll they get a butt load of me.

Posted Image

#14 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:05 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 12 August 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

$11.99 is cheap do it do it do it
Even cheaper: $8.61 on sale at g2a.com.

Edit: nevermind, it's the GOTY edition rather than the Complete. So MGS is cheaper, good job!

#15 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2047 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

G2A thrives off credit card fraud, I'll stick with scammin cheap steam keys legit from MGS.

#16 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17435 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:46 PM

I can get you a Steam key for any game you want for 99% off on my Nigerian server.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#17 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3818 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:56 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 12 August 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

Yeah, I figured out the same, and bought the complete edition. I had hoped I just got a single Steam (eww!) code, but nooooo, it had to turn into a copy-paste-click war with the Steam client. Game stills says I haven't downloaded all the DLC, while the Steam client does, so we'll see. Love how my old characters are saved in the cloud though.

#18 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2047 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

You want copy past fest, go over to orcZ and grab all the shift codes still active.

#19 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3818 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:16 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 13 August 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

You want copy past fest, go over to orcZ and grab all the shift codes still active.
Thanks!

Edit: How do I actually use them? I tried all the Mac/PC/Linux ones, and added them to Steam, but it rejects them. Am I supposed to add them somewhere else? The site wasn't very helpful in that regard.

#20 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17435 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:51 AM

Shift code entry is available from the main menu in the game.  Look under the "Extra" tab for "Shift Code".  Click on that and start entering your codes.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat