#61 Irishman

Irishman

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:14 PM

View Postmarksatt, on 21 September 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

Pass. I'm not up to speed and I don't think the UT team have switched to Metal yet either. Soon I hope.

Got it. I'll ask them the next time they stream on Twitch.

:)
COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!

#62 Lolo76

Lolo76

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:00 AM

I agree with you marksatt the UT team don't will switch to Metal

#63 marksatt

marksatt

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:17 PM

View PostLolo76, on 24 September 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

I agree with you marksatt the UT team don't will switch to Metal

Don't worry too much - it will happen when schedules align...

#64 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:32 PM

Update for Mac beta is out. Downloading out of curiosity to see how much it improves performance! Won't play very much because I'm waiting until the release version, but it will be interesting to poke around a bit.

#65 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:24 PM

And the new Mac version works waaaaay better on my late 2013 13" rMBP. It's still a bit laggy and stuff, but I think I could probably play this. Pretty excited for what the next update brings.

#66 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:12 PM

Been some time, what's the deal with the mac version? Even though my computer doesn't have the power to run it, I'm interested in this game coming out for os x.
What is a man?

#67 devSin

devSin

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:17 PM

View PostIchigo27, on 18 November 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

Been some time, what's the deal with the mac version?
I think the latest update was that a release in December was possible (though not guaranteed).

#68 devSin

devSin

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

The Mac version of Obduction is finally out (it's up on the App Store, and presumably should be on Steam before too long).

Requires 10.12.4.

#69 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1425 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

Steam
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#70 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

View PostdevSin, on 29 March 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

The Mac version of Obduction is finally out (it's up on the App Store, and presumably should be on Steam before too long).

Requires 10.12.4.
I've searched it yesterday on the Mac App Store but I didn't find it. Maybe I was sleepy
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#71 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:37 PM

View Postikir, on 11 April 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

I've searched it yesterday on the Mac App Store but I didn't find it. Maybe I was sleepy

From their Kickstarter update (five days ago) :

"We’ll start with Mac, because we know a lot of you have been waiting for a while for the final Mac version. It’s here! We were able to verify that our Mac version was working correctly with the release of MacOS 10.12.4, and it's available on Steam and GoG. We had hoped to have it up on the Mac App Store simultaneously, but some last minute snafus caused extremely long startup times - so we pulled it from the Mac App Store until we could determine with Apple what was going on. We’re working on a fix now. But aside from that, we’re hearing mostly good news about our official Mac release. (Remember: The Mac version on Steam and GoG are available now and work great.)"

#72 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

It is out on Mac App Store :)
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#73 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

Just a PSA:
There's a critical path crash that is effecting very few Mac users (including me) that hits at about 80% through the game that remains unpatched. Spoiler free: essentially you get to a part where a door dissolve animation occurs and in this crashed the game for me. Others report similar issues in this specific area. I found that by sticking as far to the right as possible and looking at the ground in free roam mode (so that I never actually saw the door dissolve animation) and moving through the doorway still looking at the ground (so I didn't even see the door that had dissolved) and moving along the path a fair amount on the other side of the door before looking up (so I still didn't see the offending door) the game continued for me. Seems like any time I actually looked at the door in question the game bailed to desktop.
Moving in point and click mode you can't help but see the door dissolve animation, so free roam mode is the key.
If you are one of the lucky few to get this issue before it gets patched (I submitted the crash a couple of months ago and Cyan indicated that they knew about it then and it was high priority, so it should get patched at some point), just know that there is hope!

Pretty good game, overall. Found it suitably playable on a late 2013 rMBP. Not stellar performance, but playable for sure.