9 replies to this topic

#1 stroehman

stroehman

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:23 AM

I stumbled on to this today when I was in the EPIC Games app that there was an install button on the Mac side now.
https://www.epicgame.../shadowcomplex/
aka hackintosh

#2 MichalM.Mac

MichalM.Mac

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Steam Name:michalmmac
  • Steam ID:michalmmac

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:04 PM

In wishlist it goes
.. and everhungry backlog awaits :-D

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostMichalM.Mac, on 04 August 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

In wishlist is goes
.. and everhungry backlog avaits :-D

... and into the ever hungry Sarlacc's belly it goes taking a thousand years to digest.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1513 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:12 PM

That is a cool. Some time ago Epic had a deal in the launcher where they were giving the game away but it only existed for Windows then. Of course, I cannot say no to free software, particularly free game software just in case I live to be well into my 100's and somehow run short of stuff to play. So I guess I must have the Mac version in my library in the Epic launcher I would think. It ran well in Windows on this hardware and looked nice. I should try it in oh, the hell with it, macOS. I don't want to keep bouncing around with the name of Mac OS anymore. It is too complicated for me. I might as well just be assimilated right now.

Anyway, nice to see this. I didn't read the description on the Mac App Store but does the game use the Metal API I hope?
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#5 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:51 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 05 August 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

I should try it in oh, the hell with it, macOS. I don't want to keep bouncing around with the name of Mac OS anymore. It is too complicated for me. I might as well just be assimilated right now.

Well, technically the macOS name only begins with version 10.12 Sierra. From 10.0 Cheetah to 10.7 Lion it was Mac OS X, then simply OS X beginning from version 10.8 Mountain Lion. Names aren't retroactive, although for convenience we often act as like they do!

#6 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1513 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 06 August 2016 - 01:51 AM, said:

Well, technically the macOS name only begins with version 10.12 Sierra. From 10.0 Cheetah to 10.7 Lion it was Mac OS X, then simply OS X beginning from version 10.8 Mountain Lion. Names aren't retroactive, although for convenience we often act as like they do!

Yeah, I had elsewhere around here talked about my own view being this is still OS X but it gets confusing as the new name starts being adopted early and the old one phased out even if technically it is before its time. It does not take a lot to confuse me. Sad thing is, it never did really. I'm not sure I can blame it on age but I like to anyway.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#7 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:25 AM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 06 August 2016 - 01:51 AM, said:

Apple has been retroactively updating all their developer documentation with macOS. Internally and externally they are simply referring to it as macOS. Soon only us old farts will still know there was any other name.

Makes sense for them though. Would you want the marketing complexity of "Supports macOS (10.12) and OS X (10.10/10.11)

#system6forever
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#8 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:38 AM

Next up. Remove all references of pre 10.12 from the entire internet. What system 6 you nutters?
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#9 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:17 PM

OS 8.5 forever!!!!  Zippy!!!!  Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#10 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:33 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 07 August 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

OS 8.5 forever!!!!  Zippy!!!!  Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

You should see MacOS 9.2.2 on my PowerBook G4 Titanium's 512GB M550 SSD. OS9 is from an era where everything was bottlenecked so badly that, when run on a modern SSD, it actually does tasks for you before you click them.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.