• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:37 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 11 August 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

"Oddly this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream."

The best part is "Carnage" blowing away commies with M203 grenades to the eyeballs and then going, "Score another kill for America! Yeahhh."

I missed kicking butt with that hardass so much I didn't even realize it. I can see right now a replay of this glorious game is in my future.

View Postmacdude22, on 01 August 2016 - 06:26 AM, said:

fighting various rogue militia and paramilitary organizations based in assorted locations around the United States.

The plots of a simpler time.

Except that was the plot of Rainbow Six: Patriots right up till it was cancelled for being dumb, and they decided to throw the whole game out and reboot it as Rainbow Six: Siege with solid competitive and cooperative squad-based shooter instead, and created a really solid title in the process.

Also known as one of UbiSoft's broken clock being right twice a day moments. Usually they shelve a good concept in favor of making a bad game, not the other way around.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#22 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

View PostFrost, on 12 August 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

[...] they decided to throw the whole game out and reboot it as Rainbow Six: Siege with solid competitive and cooperative squad-based shooter instead, and created a really solid title in the process.

I asked my plumber what his recommendation was for a PC game and without hesitation he said, "Rainbow Six: Siege".
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#23 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 12 August 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

I asked my plumber what his recommendation was for a PC game and without hesitation he said, "Rainbow Six: Siege".
You can never go wrong with a plumber's recommendation.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#24 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 12 August 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

You can never go wrong with a plumber's recommendation.

Yep, they know a lotta popsnizzle.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#25 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:20 PM

Did somebody mention plumbers and games in the same post? Well, then. Here ya go!

https://itunes.apple...d470225328?mt=8

How did I know about this? Well, let's just say I can toss a mean ice cube at the lady plumber when I want to. Truly one of the finer iOS games available.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#26 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:53 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 12 August 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

That's a smart plumber. R6: Siege is the first non-popsnizzlety title UbiSoft's put out in quite a while.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#27 ToranRa

ToranRa

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Steam Name:gordonfreeman9104

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostFrost, on 11 August 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

IT CAME IT CAME IT CAME!

So I installed Damage Inc. It works in Windows 10 right out of the box with no modification. The only issue I've seen is your Marines' file photos don't appear above their names when selecting them in the mission start segment, but aside from that not one problem. It doesn't even have a lameass CD check, so I can install it and forget it!

So much win.

Oh God it looks awful though. It badly needs a hi res texture pack like Marathon has gotten.

I can also run it through Steam as well. In case y'all want to know where to find info on it and where to get it, here are some links (use a link scanner if you're unsure, but I can assure they are safe):

http://www.mobygames...ge-incorporated

http://www.freewebs....abandonware.htm

http://www.paranoidp...ons.com/damage/
OS - Windows 10 Pro / CPU - AMD FX-8320 Black Edition (3.5GHz) 8-Core / GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 950 SC+ with 2GB GDDR5 vRAM / RAM - Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 at 1600MHz  / HDD - Seagate 2TB Barricuda ST2000DM001 Hard Disc Drive / PSU / WideTech 550W 12V Power Supply

#28 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2028 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:29 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 03 August 2016 - 05:23 PM, said:

I should hope so! The thought of Gold Bond powder in a state where it needs stirring is too terrible to imagine but unfortunately because of you I have now.

What have I done.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD