Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:57 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 15 June 2016 - 06:28 AM, said:

The real rub was Aspyr still selling it in the App Store. I get they made a not insignificant investment in making this game but being a multiplayer game at it's core, they have been selling a broken game for the past 3/4 of a year.

Yeah and similarly they recently had Black OPS promoted on sale in the Mac App Store which was not cool at all when they know it is broken on newer versions of OS X and there is no updated information on the store page system requirements or elsewhere to warn people of this. Seeing that because I was thinking, "Oh, good. Maybe they've fixed it" I decided to write a review warning people about that and mentioning the Aspyr support page that clearly discusses the fact that this issue has no current known fix and it may never be fixed. I think it is abundantly clear at this point that the latter is the truth. So why was it on sale without any warning recently? I like to think that was an oversight but it still should not have happened.

I didn't know that about the Game Center app. I am glad to hear that. I wonder what will happen to games expecting it to be there. I'm sure they will all get updates if there is any problem. :)
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell